Author Topic: Aussie FH2 Server:  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
Aussie FH2 Server:
« on: 07-01-2010, 03:01:12 »
Greetings All,

I wasn't sure where to post this but here seems like a good spot.

The AEF, an Australian based gaming community has now put up a new 64 player FH2 server. Running a mixture of all the maps. We previously had an FH2 server but due to some issues with the hosting it was down for a period of time. This has been rectified so this server will be up on a permanent basis now. It will be updated to the new version of FH2. We also have a Public Ventrillo server as well.

Any questions please feel free to ask, below is the Game Tracker link which has all the details for the server as well as the AEF.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/202.62.137.110:16667/

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: Aussie FH2 Server:
« Reply #1 on: 07-01-2010, 03:01:56 »
i hope the AEF will be happy to know that I am personally planning out the Gallipoli map for the MNL minimod.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-01-2010, 09:01:36 »
G'day Ace, two questions:

1. Is it a public server?

Need a password to get in atm.

2. Do you think it's going to see regular use (by the AEF) after the 2.25-gasm wears off?

What I mean is, http://games.on.net/ have an FH2 server and it was great for the first few weeks after the 2.2 release, but has been a ghost town ever since...(but then again, all but one of their dozen BF2 servers are usually empty).

It shits me no end because there always seems to be Aussies/Kiwis on the WOLF and WaW servers (and I'm sick to death of my 300+ ping handicap >:().

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-01-2010, 11:01:45 »
i hope the AEF will be happy to know that I am personally planning out the Gallipoli map for the MNL minimod.

Sounds very promising indeed, I look forward to it.

G'day Ace, two questions:

1. Is it a public server?

Need a password to get in atm.

2. Do you think it's going to see regular use (by the AEF) after the 2.25-gasm wears off?

What I mean is, http://games.on.net/ have an FH2 server and it was great for the first few weeks after the 2.2 release, but has been a ghost town ever since...(but then again, all but one of their dozen BF2 servers are usually empty).

It shits me no end because there always seems to be Aussies/Kiwis on the WOLF and WaW servers (and I'm sick to death of my 300+ ping handicap >:().

Hey mate it is a public server so there should be no password, just checked & there is no password on there.

I intend to ensure the server remains up indefinitely, I know there is not as big a market for FH in Aus after a month or so after a new release but my hope is if we can get some regulars on the server it will keep up the interest.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-01-2010, 10:01:53 »
...Hey mate it is a public server so there should be no password, just checked & there is no password on there.

I intend to ensure the server remains up indefinitely, I know there is not as big a market for FH in Aus after a month or so after a new release but my hope is if we can get some regulars on the server it will keep up the interest.
Yeah, just jumped on to check the ping and it's fuckin' teflon city compared to the US servers, even though it's still hovers around 150...(on GON it's 200+ due to the server being in Adelaide).

Looks like that's the best I'll ever get with my crappy wireless connection, considering the server is just down the road (17km away) according to www.game-monitor.com  ::)

I'll shoot at see ya there tomorrow arvo... ;)

BTW, what's the map rotation going to be?

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-01-2010, 04:01:44 »
Just to let you guys know the server has been updated to 2.25 & there is also a download link available for the 2.25 client file on the AEF / Platform Networks file server here:

http://gs01.games.gs.plat.net.au/~fh2/fh2patch2_25.zip

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-01-2010, 10:01:55 »
Is there any chance of the map rotation being restricted to the 4 new maps for a week or so?

Everytime I checked the server yesterday, it was on an African map, and I was chomping at the bit to try the new maps... :(

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-01-2010, 09:01:57 »
Is there any chance of the map rotation being restricted to the 4 new maps for a week or so?

Everytime I checked the server yesterday, it was on an African map, and I was chomping at the bit to try the new maps... :(

G'Day mate,
I dont think I can limit it to just 4 maps but I will narrow it down to the European & New Maps which I hope will help.

Cheers,
@ce.

Offline spook

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-01-2010, 02:01:33 »
caught the tail end of a nice little session last night on the (AEF) server.
Around 20 or so people at that stage but it died a little after Gazala finished.

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-01-2010, 07:01:57 »
caught the tail end of a nice little session last night on the (AEF) server.
Around 20 or so people at that stage but it died a little after Gazala finished.

I really enjoyed the session last night, good numbers allowed the maps to really come alive. I am hoping we can get some good numbers on a regular basis. I intend to organise a pub night where we will have some decent numbers which will allow us to show off the mod to newcomers etc.

PS: Sorry to anyone who was on the receiving of the 17pdr wrath from my Achillies IIc on Bocage last night. Its my favourite tank destroyer / self propelled gun  ;D

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-01-2010, 10:01:50 »
Yeah it was great, I haven't seen that many on an Aussie server since the first few weeks after 2.2 was released.

HE-shellin' snipers in the church tower on Villers is no end of fun... ;D