Author Topic: Animation Preview  (Read 8553 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Animation Preview
« Reply #45 on: 17-01-2012, 14:01:56 »
How come noone noticed the most obvious change yet?  ;D

Biiviz

« Reply #46 on: 17-01-2012, 14:01:17 »

That the minimap is a square instead of a circle?

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17-01-2012, 14:01:24 »
I'm never watch on minimap ... ( mortar shell in the way ... oops )  ;D . I hope there be gonna option to make that smaller ?

Cant wait for 2.45 , good work guys  8)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17-01-2012, 17:01:29 »
Note that you can see the satchel the whole time and that a cord is pulled to arm it.
This sounds like FH2's Geballte Ladung. So maybe make the satchels more like the Geballte?

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 18-01-2012, 12:01:59 »
I'm never watch on minimap ... ( mortar shell in the way ... oops )  ;D

How do you know which flags are yours and which are taken by the enemy? And as a tanker i think it is very important to check the map for spotted tanks. Saved my ass a lot of times.

I really like the quadratic minimap. I was always anoyed that the round one makes it impossible to see the map at the border or in the corners of the map.

Offline Marder

• Lopder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 19-01-2012, 17:01:52 »
Toddel isn't on the staff list at the end of the video. No longer a dev?

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 19-01-2012, 17:01:45 »
Im always check main map first , when someone spot something or to check what flags left . Mini map is for me only to see what is close to me  8)

When im on arty , im always use main map to check where i have some spots . Its always work ...

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22-01-2012, 17:01:13 »
Absolutely outstanding work, as always! One important action is missing from all weapons however, which I personally think has to be added: Operation of the safety switch. It always annoys me when, for instance on the Colt M1911, the hammer gets cocked and then the weapon is ready to be fired. In my opinion two hands should be used to fire handguns in FH2, since that is the way it's usually done in reality, because pistols are not that accurate and one would really like to use them as effective as possible. The hammer cocking animation should be replaced by the safety switch animation, because handguns are designed to be used for entirely defensive use or as a lifesaver in case your rifle fails to operate properly/jams. In those situations, every second counts a lot, and you would want to get many rounds down range, hoping to wound the attacker; and going into single action takes about two seconds and is therefore rarely being used in battle. Also, I would be strongly suggesting a proper crawling animation (just like we currently have them for machine guns), because it would add a truly priceless amount of immersion. As for the running animation with bayonet attached, I noticed that pretty much every common wealth soldier held his rifle upright when running, in order not to wound his comrades which may run next to him and to manouver much better in close quarters, where there's not much space in order not to hit any walls or other obstacles surrounding him. Another reason for why they had the muzzle pointing 90° up was that you could better accelerate the rifle in order to seriously wound the enmy with the first hit (swing the weapon backwards, then slam it forward with full force). Please note that the the U.S. Army instructed new recruits to use bayonets that way in basic training, too.
Again thank you so much for this great update!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22-01-2012, 17:01:57 »
In my opinion two hands should be used to fire handguns in FH2, since that is the way it's usually done in reality, because pistols are not that accurate and one would really like to use them as effective as possible.
To quote myself:

Awesome. But just an idea for one Animation, shown in the video on 1:13:
You guys who ever really shot with pistol may know that you would also take your left hand to the weapon to aim and increase the stability. I don't know if it's possible but I think adding this would make it more realistic. Just an idea  ;D
Actually, it would not. In 30's and 40's soldiers trained to shoot with one hand, so the animation is correct.

I actually find firing with two hands somewhat awkward... I prefer the one handed Olympic pistol style. :P

Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Master_of_Pain_25

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23-01-2012, 11:01:35 »

I see a new american smoke grenade or it's me ?
« Last Edit: 23-01-2012, 16:01:50 by Master_of_Pain_25 »

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23-01-2012, 13:01:48 »
I spy a sticky bomb kit with the stick mag Thompson.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Master_of_Pain_25

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23-01-2012, 16:01:48 »
At first I read "smoke grenade", but you're right, it's a sticky bomb  ;)

Offline chad509

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24-01-2012, 20:01:31 »
I spy a sticky bomb kit with the stick mag Thompson.

Remember folks, this video was shot on my personal DEV Build of FH2. Kits are mismanaged for testing purposes and demonstration purposes only.  ;)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 01-02-2012, 15:02:38 »
*posts deleted*

Continue in the private thankyouverymuch.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame