Author Topic: Windows 7 with Realtek HD Audio Manager - Assistance required!  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
After recently suffering a HDD failure I decided to spend a “bit”  and upgraded to have the full Win 7 experience.
I now have an 1155 Sandybridge motherboard with Realtek HD Audio Manager.

With my old XP rig I had a splitter cable at the rear for my speaker/headphone sounds, and the mic was just plugged into the regular mic jack.

This system worked beautifully for the last few years, all I had to do was make sure “Stereo Mix” was ticked as “off” and my in game sounds would be nice and clear, and my mic would be very legible in Voip.

I have tried the same configuration with my new set up and now the in game sound is very weak and my voip isn’t very clear (CB radio type of sound), according to player feedback.

I have played around with settings in the last few days.

I had the speakers in the rear jacks, and headphones/mic in the front jacks. This seemed to work fine, in-game sounds were really sharp and loud (which proves that the Realtek really can output some nice sound quality) and I could switch between speakers and headphones for music listening etc.
 However my mic in Voip would suffer from “in game sound feedback”.  And the mic would not work at all if I had “Stereo Mix” switched to off, which didn’t really make sense since this was the way to do it in Win XP.
Also the “buzzing” sound I would get when I had the mic in the “off position” was like having a mosquito in my eardrums!  ::) (Only happened when mic was in the front jack)

Anyway does anyone happen to have Windows 7 with Realtek HD Audio Manager  set up for headphone/mic and Stereo speakers? That works in BF2/FH2 ?

I’ve tried most combinations so far, but  I must be doing something wrong. All I know is the sound “can be” clear and crisp. And the mic “can” work (works fine in Windows voice recorder).

Any tips Windows 7 users?  :)
« Last Edit: 02-06-2011, 15:06:30 by Capten_C »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
What do you mean with your Mic would suffer. There are settings for the HD Realtek where you can adjust your Mic settings and give it a boost if necessary.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
It means when I talk on my mic people hear " raattattattatat boooom bwwwwcchhh bang bang eeeeeoooooooww uuurgh kekkkekkekekkkekeke kaaabooooomm" as well as my voice in the middle. At least that's what they tell me!  :(   :)

Like this guy says
I recently upgraded to windows7. Whenever I talk in vent people say they can hear themselves through my mic somehow. My headset isn't loud enough for the mic to pic up the headphone volume. If someone talks while I'm talking their voice creates feedback and distorts everything (on their side).
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=134369
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
Damn I think I might* have solved it..

In the Mic settings part of Realtek HD I have muted "Playback Volume".

And I was muting "Stereo Mix" in the Realtek software panel, wrong place I think. When I Disabled Stereo Mix in the Recording section of Windows sounds, my in game volume level became clear again, and a few players  said that they could hear me on Voip just now!

I hope this is the solution. And I  hope it helps anyone else who has the Voip problem.  :)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Good thing you figured it out Cymro. I was just going to post to just should tick off "listen to this device" in the microphone properties.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Anyway does anyone happen to have Windows 7 with Realtek HD Audio Manager  set up for headphone/mic and Stereo speakers? That works in BF2/FH2 ?
I have the same problem, sorry. Even in test mode, I can hear my voice perfectly well. But online, people tell me to stop because I'm breaking. However, TS2/3 works perfectly well.
In the Mic settings part of Realtek HD I have muted "Playback Volume".

And I was muting "Stereo Mix" in the Realtek software panel, wrong place I think. When I Disabled Stereo Mix in the Recording section of Windows sounds, my in game volume level became clear again, and a few players  said that they could hear me on Voip just now!

I hope this is the solution. And I  hope it helps anyone else who has the Voip problem.  :)
I don't have "Stereo Mix" in either control panel, so this doesn't work for me ;)

Three months of warranty to go, after that it's a proper soundcard for me.
« Last Edit: 02-06-2011, 18:06:43 by Kelmola »

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
Have you tried clicking on "Device advanced settings" top right corner of Realtek HD
A window pops up "Playback Device" "Recording Device"

I have
Mute the rear Output Device // Seperate All Input Jacks - Selected.

Underneath the "Device advanced settings" there's a little folder icon. On this I have "Disable front panel Jack" unticked.

Things start moving around when you play with these (e.g. Stereo Mix appears and dissapears). Like I say I have the Headphone/Mic Jacks in the rear of the PC with a splitter cable for the Stereo speakers.

It sure is a bitch setting this up, and finding help online is difficult.  :-\

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
I should have the latest driver, but apparently my Realtek chipset does not support such features because such selections do not even appear on my comp. >:(

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
If you right-click the area where all the things are in the middle you get options to show disconnected and disabled things
CMP Gaming

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
If you right-click the area where all the things are in the middle you get options to show disconnected and disabled things

Eh? Explain!  :D

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
was mostly meant for kelmola

CMP Gaming

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Oh. There. Well, Stereo Mix in Windows was already disabled for me.