Author Topic: FH2 crashing when joining server  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Uncle_Remus95

• View Profile
FH2 crashing when joining server
« on: 08-09-2018, 21:09:30 »
Hi. I have a strange problem with FH2. Whenever I try to connect to a server the game simply crashes. I have bf2 patched to 1.5 already. Although I must say this is a version I got from the now defunct bf2 revival team. Dont know if it changes anything. Do you need a pure retail bf2 version to run the mod? The thing is I can play SP just fine, only when trying to join a server that the game crashes... Thanks for mentioning anything I forgot if that's the case. Running on Win8.1

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 crashing when joining server
« Reply #1 on: 09-09-2018, 01:09:28 »
Hi Uncle Remus!

Are you launching FH2 through the FH2Launcher? It's mandatory on most servers and they will kick you if you aren't using it. Get it here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/download/FH2Launcher-Setup.exe

Is your BF2 patched correctly? Sometimes an installation is done from 1.4 to 1.5, skipping the 1.41 patch and that will fail when trying to connect to servers.

If that's not the culprit, try running windowed mode (tick the box in the FH2Launcher) and see what error message you are getting.

If all else fails, try this: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21663.0 you will have to reinstall I'm afraid but then it will work 100%.

Good luck :)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-09-2018, 10:09:25 »
Hi. I have a strange problem with FH2. Whenever I try to connect to a server the game simply crashes. I have bf2 patched to 1.5 already. Although I must say this is a version I got from the now defunct bf2 revival team. Dont know if it changes anything. Do you need a pure retail bf2 version to run the mod? The thing is I can play SP just fine, only when trying to join a server that the game crashes... Thanks for mentioning anything I forgot if that's the case. Running on Win8.1
There are BF2 copies already patched to the v1.5 out there in the internet. If you are using one of those, I think they don't add BF2 to the Win8.1 registry properly, what then make your game crash when joining the server (those installers where compatible with Win7 tho). You can do it manually somehow, but you may then encounter "Invalid CD Key" message if your copy is not original.

If all else fails, try this: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21663.0 you will have to reinstall I'm afraid but then it will work 100%.
^ This is the best way to install the mod. It will generate unique CD-key for you, so you won't have to worry about it ever again, but it will install only the bare minimum of BF2 file needed to play the mod, so if you want to be able to play vBF2 as well , you will need to add your BF2 and your CD-key to the Win8.1 registry.

Offline Uncle_Remus95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-09-2018, 19:09:23 »
tried the standalone version and now it works just fine. I have to say, the FH2 team really ought to adopt a standalone version of their mod, it would attract a lot more players. I discovered this mod recently, and my problems with my bf2 install almost convinced me to give up on it, but the standalone changed my mind.