Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236426 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1290 on: 01-10-2011, 20:10:26 »
The fact that players will be enforced to use it to be able to play doesn't mean it can't be shitty. Your argument holds no value whatsoever lol.

apparently it isnt so shitty, if millions are using it, lol. ofcourse a few wont like it, and QQ on facebook about it. does it matter? they still need to use it to play the game, the end.

@Thorondor: EA didnt release the bf2 editor we used to make Fh2? who did it then?

@Yustax: ever been in a beta before? if you havent, let me enlighten you.. things get better

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 01-10-2011, 20:10:21 »
Let's see...

Battlecraft: Made by modders.
RFA Extractor: Made by modders.
Editor42: Made by modders.
3dsmax scripts by modders.
3ds max BF2 exporters by modders.

BF2 editor... Yeah, this actually might be from EA. Gotcha.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Biiviz

« Reply #1292 on: 01-10-2011, 20:10:34 »
Good thing EA/DICE has some time to make it stable.

Personally I'd rather see a regular in-game browser.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 01-10-2011, 20:10:04 »
Get on with it then? :P

EA/DICE has never released their own mod tools, the BF42/BF2 mods were made with tools made by the modders.

And Im well aware of this fact. However they said in an interview that they are "thinking of releasing mod tool", but not at release. Hell, I'll pay 30 bucks for them as DLC.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 01-10-2011, 20:10:59 »
Apparenly server files have been leaked and there are now servers with up to 200 players online. Also it seems like the 64 player CQ version of Op Metro is running as well (Check out this video) on several servers. AFAIK server files are also needed in order to run mods, so this is rather interesting. Maybe there is some hope left.
Another video.
« Last Edit: 01-10-2011, 20:10:54 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: 01-10-2011, 20:10:57 »
I have managed to resist buying BFBC2 and I think I can manage to postpone with buying BF3 and most certainly I will not recommend it to anyone until I play it. In time I'll probably buy it but as of now it seems the main reason will be to check out the frostbite engine instead of actually enjoy the game.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 01-10-2011, 21:10:26 »

apparently it isnt so shitty, if millions are using it

coz they are forced if they want to play? the moment is cracked (and it will be) you can espect TONS of people leaving the stupid piece of software that forces you to install itself in the windows partition and doesnt let you do BASIC things game had since the dawn of man like changing your settings before joining the game or , you know, been usefull. =9

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:31 »
Let's see...
Im baffled.... amazed really... how can you lose track of a conversation this fast?

Let me help you... You stated first that dice havent done any mod tools for battlefield games, ok.
I corrected you and explained that, yes, they have. They made mod tools for bf42 for bfv and for bf2, ok.

Then you make a little list of community made tools?.... like... what does that have to do with anything?
I never said the community never done any tools, they made a bunch of tools, some even very useful. that doesnt change the fact that dice did their own mod tools....

really, lol... they made all their own editors (despite what deluded modders say) they also were kind enough to release all the needed apps and tools for bf42 modding in the "Mod Development Toolkit 2.75" where modders could extract rfa files, use 3Dsmax, tweak menu's etc etc.... a very nice pack back in the days.

It's funny you enter in to a discussion about mod tools with me :) Ive spent the last 9 years modding battlefield games, using every single tool and application there is, perhaps not really wise of you. I know some modders come dragging with some old crap about some dude making a tool and then get hired by dice a million years ago and yarda yarda, but that was just a small part of it.. designing and making an Editor requires a team, you need programmers, artists, designers.. just like when making a game, and  fact is; EA/DICE made and released their tools, not the community. The end.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:44 »
apparently it isnt so shitty, if millions are using it, lol. ofcourse a few wont like it, and QQ on facebook about it. does it matter? they still need to use it to play the game, the end.

You can repeat it a thousand times, your argument is still invalid. If people had a choice whether they could play the game normally, or play it via Origin, the vast majority would choose the first. Not because Origin's concepts aren't nice, but because it just sucks the way it works right now.

Sometimes I truly wonder if you get paid to say these ridiculous things. Once more, I don't care about Origin and although it works slower than a normal game, I quite like it. But it's BS to say that it rocks, and it's especially BS to say it rocks because so many people use it while they're being enforced to.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:35 »
so aprantly is true , sever files from bf3 got leaked , YAY =D.

a caspian border server with 127 players was spotted, mods at the EA forums are closing threads with information, DICE manager is treating players that get into those servers will get banned from the beta.

this is loking good :3

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:41 »
If people had a choice whether they could play the game normally, or play it via Origin, the vast majority would choose the first.
1. how do you know they would choose that? You did marketing research? More than what the EA marketing analysists and public relations team has? wow.... how did you afford that? those things costs millions.

2. Even if that was true, they dont have that choice... You have two choices, play bf3, or not. That's it.. wanna play? Say hi to Origin. ;)

@sicario... say hello to next week, it's nice there.  :-*
« Last Edit: 01-10-2011, 22:10:42 by Natty »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:03 »
I think its blackmailing towards users to bend over and take it up the rear in order to satisfy curiosity towards BF3. I for one *would* at least try it, but I dont want spyware.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:37 »
ou have two choices, play bf3, or not

or play without origin ;).

half life can be played without steam, bf3 could too, you just need patience and a web browser =9

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:44 »
I think its blackmailing towards users to bend over and take it up the rear in order to satisfy curiosity towards BF3. I for one *would* at least try it, but I dont want spyware.

These are new times :) you no longer just install a game and "go".. this is new tech, new designs... you cant play with XP, you even get special gfx drivers, you need Origin, you get battlelog.. game and social networks are integrated.. "gaming" is redefined.

sure is scary and new, and the buzz and hype is making some tinfoilhatgeeks trembling in fear of all this new and unknown.. but as with all great and solid designs, you just take comdfort in that people do adapt, and get used to it.... Just look at facebook.. remember the internet before facebook?
What was that? lol.. people communicating with e-mail or msn  ;D FB was a leap in social internet interaction, it literary changed human behaviour,  spread to mobile phones, TV etc.... it's integral in everything we do on the internet... in one way, it is the internet... :o.
 This is what bf3 is, a new era in gaming. It will make people look at their games as something more than just shooting dudes on a server.. they get more real value. In 6 months, well look back at how we play games now and go "lol!, how did we endure that boredom flat, non-interactive game experience?"

@Sickareyou, ok fine.. someone might haxx origin some day, if that makes you happy? Im not sure what you are trying to achieve here... who cares?
« Last Edit: 01-10-2011, 22:10:28 by Natty »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:34 »
Mmh Origin is a nice marketing tool I love it.

Also, what the FUCK with the 128 and more server slots? Are EA/DICE cutting the server slot like they did with BF2 wich was supposed to be 128 players again? EA are pushing too fast again or what?
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy