Author Topic: Gaming News  (Read 34136 times)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming News
« Reply #60 on: 10-06-2018, 02:06:41 »
For people living under a rock: E3 is going on now.

Anyone saw EA's press conference? Short story: it was terrible. Short trailer of BF5 in the beginning, lots of sport games to keep EA economically afloat, three indie games and Anthem. Anthem looked like one of the most generic games ever. I cannot think that will sell well. 

However, worst moment was when they dragged out Command & Conquers corpse from the grave and sexually molested it in the form of a mobile game.

Look at the impressive like/dislike-bar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNXQpAFQJc

In the words of the legend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6YieRzcxg

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 10-06-2018, 03:06:01 »
Total lack of respect towards the C&C Fans.

Never been one myself, barely played Generals, but there was no need to revive it only to humilliate it.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 10-06-2018, 04:06:16 »
This physically hurts me to see.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 10-06-2018, 08:06:34 »
Pfft, first they killed Generals 2, then there was that stupid CnC browser game and now this! Looks like EA is hell-bent on destroying everyone's childhood...

Good that people still make decent mods for Generals/Zero Hour and there's even a standalone of all the old CnC games up to Red Alert 2
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13-06-2018, 01:06:48 »
And Bethesda did something nobody asked for: Fallout Online.

Good job...

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 14-06-2018, 10:06:41 »
E3 was a pure cringe fest again. The disconnect between players and video game producers is incredible.

I would have been fine with Fallout coop despite even friends being able to mess up such an experience but an online game will the most disruptive experience you have ever had in a game that had Fallout written on it.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 15-06-2018, 02:06:16 »
I think the only thing that would make Fo76 playable are Roleplay servers, strict RP servers. Otherwise it looks meh to me. Sad.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 15-06-2018, 06:06:47 »
Command & Conquer's last hurrah was with Red Alert 3. The C&C games released after that marks its death.

The disconnect between players and video game producers is incredible.

I don't know, but this is a bold claim. There are a lot of casual players out there who may outnumber us the "denied-to-be-exist" so-called hardcore gamers.

Fallout 76 world will contain no human NPCs, meaning every humans you meet there are online players. But I hope this isn't true. The guy who speaks for Bethesda said that he wants to give this type of gaming a chance.

Well, who knows, people love abominations like stilted sedans "CUV" (Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, VW Tiguan, BMW X5) instead of real SUVs. So, who knows, MMORPG abomination formula could work for seriously nerdy Fallout fanbase? You can't even opt out of PVP, meaning your bases will be susceptible to random attackers by online bullies. Seriously, we need specific rating for online interaction. Make every online games automatically M+ (17+), because somebody young will always going to eff your mom when online.

Fortnite is successful because my middle aged CEO, CFO, and even the building security guard plays it. This is why games are becoming more and more "dumbed down". Too many people have moved on with real life.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 15-06-2018, 11:06:40 »
Oh I have no doubt that they know what most casual players want to play; after all they cash in more with every year. Maybe most players even want "World War II like you have never seen it before".
You have the core player base who will bitch and moan about all the silly stuff in BF5 but will still buy it anyway so you don't need to appease them. Maybe you'll have a few SJW who will be pleased by BF falling in line with their world view and rejoice at the aforementioned bitching and moaning and thus EA can maybe squeeze in a few extra sells. Finally you'll have the Battle Royale fans who are maybe tired of Fornite and PUBG so maybe they can cash in on that player base as well.
What I meant by disconnect is the mix of moderators and "entertainers" that results in something that is incredibly painful to watch. If they just showed what the game did instead of creating that whole stuff around it, it would be better and cheaper for them I'd say. No one asked for that.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 16-06-2018, 18:06:52 »
Fallout 76 world will contain no human NPCs, meaning every humans you meet there are online players. But I hope this isn't true. The guy who speaks for Bethesda said that he wants to give this type of gaming a chance.
For a multiplayer game I think this is okay - I've never paid much attention to the story in games that I've played with friends. I'm holding out hope that FO76 plays something like Borderlands, where it's a very casual game that you can quickly load up and blow away some mindless NPC goons while chatting with friends. So long as all the settlement building stuff is just a side minigame that you can completely ignore if you want, like it was in FO4, it seems like it could be a fun game.

Hopefully they'll still add a singleplayer co-op option though. If the game is based around loot grinding (which it kind of has to be - there's no story or win condition) then high level players will wipe the floor with new players and PvP won't be fun for either side.