Author Topic: Total War games  (Read 71495 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: Total War games
« Reply #255 on: 09-02-2010, 21:02:43 »
most I ever got was a load up to splash screen, then a freeze.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 10-02-2010, 16:02:26 »
I vote we turn this into the Napoleon Total War Thread as well.  And to start that off, this super cool video of it that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM_NkPOtTeQ

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 11-02-2010, 03:02:54 »
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 11-02-2010, 03:02:52 »
As I said:

Napoleon sucks
  :o you better be talking about the game only >:(

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 11-02-2010, 03:02:39 »
I vote we turn this into the Napoleon Total War Thread as well.  And to start that off, this super cool video of it that I found.

I like how they just mixed up the trailer and sneak peak footage, and actually made a rather epic video.

And napolean is gonna rock...<3<3<3 for the new resupply system, that actually forces you to take and conquer farms and towns!

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 11-02-2010, 04:02:49 »
As I said:

Napoleon sucks
  :o you better be talking about the game only >:(
Of course I do, bonaparte was awesome.

I like how they just mixed up the trailer and sneak peak footage, and actually made a rather epic video.

And napolean is gonna rock...<3<3<3 for the new resupply system, that actually forces you to take and conquer farms and towns!
IMO that should really have been included in ETW. But since it's not, then it is typical patch-content...
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 11-02-2010, 04:02:50 »
I believe the reason it wasn't is because in that scenario, there wasn't as much well known history to attribute to it. Napoleon, when he invaded Russia faced the problem of lack of food and supplies

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 11-02-2010, 04:02:28 »
So I guess napoleon revolutionized warfare by actually feeding his soldiers, unlike any general before him?

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 11-02-2010, 04:02:56 »
So I guess napoleon revolutionized warfare by actually feeding his soldiers, unlike any general before him?
That's not what I said. I am saying that when Napoleon invaded Russia, lack of supplies was his problem, so they are going to make that a factor in the game.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 11-02-2010, 05:02:24 »
IMO, its like Empire is the correct platform, but Napoleon seems to be the correct gaming style.  Merge the two and it would be incredibly epic.  Either way, I'm getting Napoleon for sure, its gonna kick ass.

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 11-02-2010, 16:02:18 »
after being so hard disappointed and treated in a bad way by that company I will wait till that game is available for 20€ or less. 

I bought ETW when it was released for 50€ (when I remember right) and I got extra a new high end PC (well, now I can play FH2 an max everything but the intention was for ETW). I took them OVER a half a year to get it patched that it actually is smooth playable and the Multiplayer (the most striking reason to buy it) has been released a year later as a beta. Did I mentioned it is still a beta?

I do not boycott products of that company after the experience I made with ETW. Right now, after patch 1.4 and later versions, it is really enjoyable, and the other parts as Rome etc. where great, but I take now care of the Stuff they release and will not buy blind their stuff.  Now, I only trust Blizziard “blind” when it comes to games.

There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #266 on: 11-02-2010, 17:02:34 »
I bought it for 30 euros, you got ripped.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #267 on: 11-02-2010, 18:02:53 »
As far as I know this site only lists UK stores/prices but it's listing Napoleon at its cheapest for £16.95:

http://www.find-games.co.uk/pc/B002M78NM6.htm

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 11-02-2010, 19:02:32 »
after being so hard disappointed and treated in a bad way by that company I will wait till that game is available for 20€ or less. 

I bought ETW when it was released for 50€ (when I remember right) and I got extra a new high end PC (well, now I can play FH2 an max everything but the intention was for ETW). I took them OVER a half a year to get it patched that it actually is smooth playable and the Multiplayer (the most striking reason to buy it) has been released a year later as a beta. Did I mentioned it is still a beta?

I do not boycott products of that company after the experience I made with ETW. Right now, after patch 1.4 and later versions, it is really enjoyable, and the other parts as Rome etc. where great, but I take now care of the Stuff they release and will not buy blind their stuff.  Now, I only trust Blizziard “blind” when it comes to games.
You are not alone on this, I can tell you that.

I had so much anticiaption for ETW, and practically the only reason I bought it was to play the multiplayer-campaign. I'm disappointed.

Even if they had released ETW all done, no patches needed, I would not buy Napoleon. It seems to much of a rip-off, seriously, are there really any major gameplay changes? it's still musketeers vs musketeer shootouts + closing in, spiced up with some cavalry and artillery.
There is nothign "revolutionizing" at all, that would be the supply-system mudra mentioned, but it's not enough, that's patch-material for ETW.

But I guess I should be realistic, if NTW ever reaches like 10 $ on some steam-sale or something, then I might buy it. MIGHT.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #269 on: 11-02-2010, 19:02:06 »
As far as I know this site only lists UK stores/prices but it's listing Napoleon at its cheapest for £16.95:

http://www.find-games.co.uk/pc/B002M78NM6.htm
17/18 pounds thats like 20/21 euros. Ah it seems that I will import my Total War game from the UK again. 20 euros for 3 nice new campaigns is surely acceptable, Napoleon is like Kingdoms for me and I paid more for Kingdoms then this price.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."