Author Topic: New Map pack !!  (Read 10176 times)

azreal

Re: New Map pack !!
« Reply #30 on: 18-09-2010, 03:09:02 »
Lies, all a bunch of silly lies.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18-09-2010, 03:09:44 »
 ;D
I will shut my mouth if you can bribe me :)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18-09-2010, 05:09:27 »
Maybe just have the fan mappack version called exactly that "FMP St. Mere Eglise" or something

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Bravo3945

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18-09-2010, 07:09:52 »
Downloading them now. :)

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #34 on: 18-09-2010, 09:09:49 »
Agreed. St.Mere Eglise or w/e is a very good map. I would love to see it in an official release

go to the map, type in the console renderer.drawfps 1 , run around and tell me what u see. then ask again.  ;)

Offline 6klop

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18-09-2010, 10:09:44 »
Thanks for the comments   :P
I'd like to tell you that the maps were first made for our team and for the way we like to play : I mean nervous, hard and strategic ;)
We prefere infantry maps and we are not a lot of player (around 15). that's why some of the maps may look like counter strike or cod with only one or two ways to go through. That's also why we find the "destruction of objectives" an interessting thing.
Course it's different from Cobra & totalize, but we hope the teamplay is improved and the role of the SL to.
We worked a lot to give a special atmosphere to each map and I think the mappers did it good  8)
Sure those maps are not perfect (we are not official mapper  ;) ) but we hope they offer a bit different way of playing and fun.
Any suggestion or comment is always welcome  ;D
« Last Edit: 18-09-2010, 10:09:15 by 6klop »

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #36 on: 18-09-2010, 11:09:37 »
go to the map, type in the console renderer.drawfps 1 , run around and tell me what u see. then ask again.  ;)

Yeah and try that in Operation Goodwood in Cagny. Not the same eh?

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18-09-2010, 11:09:47 »
Wooohooo!! This will increase player numbers for sure! Download people! Downloaaadddd!!
Goodjob TeamContact!!

Offline Cmoi-SuperC

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18-09-2010, 11:09:43 »
hello everyone and thank you for your comments.
We have created these maps first because we like mapping, we love making maps as much as playing FH2. the idea is not to create competition with the devs, or that our maps are in the next release.
We love the official maps, the dev's do an incredible job.
The idea was to do something different: smaller maps of close combat, the infantry with teamplay, hidden passageways.
We tested several maps between us but at 6 against 6.
yesterday we played with you, and it was further different.
defects appeared with more players, especially the gameplay (which funnels it was impossible to pass).
we'll get back to work to correct these errors. and I hope we can present you with version 2.0 and other maps ...
continue to review this mappack, it's very useful for us.
Thank you to all those who downloaded and tested.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18-09-2010, 11:09:24 »

Yeah and try that in Operation Goodwood in Cagny. Not the same eh?

no its not. on cagny i get around 50 fps on a full server. on SME 25 fps with 8 player, and this is for public unplayable with 64 players.  ;)

anyway. the maps are realy good and i enjoy the evening yesterday. dont fix maps too fast now, let us play more days and you get a feeling for the balancing. there was no time to explore all ways on all maps yesterday, and im sure you will get some different rounds the next days. the layouts are perfect for 10 <-> 32 players. maybe the beachlandings on sirmirkys and bloody can be a bit hard with 32 people on it.
objective is also great fun to play. sad about the first flag yesterday on berchtesgaden. that should be fixed.
news for the germans at bf-games comes out today  :-*

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18-09-2010, 14:09:13 »

Offline kettcar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18-09-2010, 16:09:52 »

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18-09-2010, 16:09:43 »
Well, St-Mère Eglise wasn't lagging at all for me, although I run on high with quite old hardware. The only map totally unplayable for me was Forest, freezing every 3 seconds if I tried to move.

Here is my personal review of the maps :

St-Mère :

- Objective mode was over really soon, so can't really judge.
- Push mode : the layout was a bit strange for me, perhaps one of the two "Poste de garde" on the sides of the map is too much (number 3 and 5 if I'm correct), backcapping is really easy to achieve.

Beaumont :

Round ended quite fast too. I was a bit lost in the city, with many dead ends and such.

Sirmikrys :

Really interesting concept, beach landing is a bit difficult with few players, one or two MGs and you're dead as soon as you leave the LCA. With more players, it's more easy for some to reach cover in the city.
For push mode however, there isn't enough ways to attack the second flag, after the beach is capped.

Berchtesgaden :

We couldn't get the first flag because of this bug so I can't comment on this.

Forest :

Unplayable for me, can't comment on this either.

Bloody Beach :

Really interesting, the fog can cover some approaches, the trenches and bunkers system is really nice. I can't comment on the gameplay after the first flag is capped since I crashed when we were retreating to the "AA Post".

St-Fromond :

Round ended too fast, can't really comment.

General feedback :

All theses maps are really nice, with very good ideas and designs. Everything was running smooth for me, except Forest. Objective mode was over quite soon on every map, push layouts might need some rethinking but the quality is there overall. Keep up the good work and thanks for these new maps.  ;)
I'll try to give more feedback with more rounds played.
« Last Edit: 18-09-2010, 17:09:20 by corsair89 »

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18-09-2010, 17:09:45 »
I enjoyed testing these maps last evening.
A problem was the fact the max 10 vs 10 players were not enough to play the 32 player objective maps.
Most of the time (especially after dazlayer joined the enemy team  ;)) we lost the objectives too fast because most defenders behaved like conquest mode and did not defend close enough to the objectives.

Berchtesgaden
Can´t comment. Saw not much of the map and gameplay was affected by the flag bug. minimap looked promising tough.

Forrest
Beautiful map. Map has much different areas, not just the same Forrest layout everywhere. The Forrest is very well done and the effects gibe it an awesome atmosphere.
Gameplay was a bit of a problem because the whole area favors defending a lot. As moving attacker it´s hard to spot hiding enemys. So you need to play the map a few times to get better I think. We only managed to get hold of the first two flags.

Bloody Beach
Another very nice looking map. The trench system and bunker layout is large and confusing when you first play it´s impressing. Not so easy to defend and it seems like allied had a few ways of getting up the cliffs, once they destroyed the two bunker MGs. Then the already described problems with gameplay started, we all retreated to AA position, the enemy took back flag and then it was a epic struggle until finally our bunker with the objective got stormed.

St Fromond.
A nice city fight map. Sadly it was very short yesterday with the objective mode (no recap). One enemy sneaked past first defense near bridge and all flags got taken in a minute or so, so it was not was it was supposed to (a bridge battle). Map needs push mode, also because of the little bridge to the south.

Sirmikrys
Looks nice, especially the castle is cool, but the allied have a too small approach I think. They got slaughtered by just two guys at first. Then I went to the undefended castle to prevent sneaky attacks and it soon was the last remaining objective and allied had a pretty hard time to get into any of the two entrances.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline 6klop

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18-09-2010, 19:09:41 »