Author Topic: Team Canada forum  (Read 9435 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Team Canada forum
« Reply #15 on: 04-06-2009, 11:06:25 »
You don't stand a change. Use some of your French heritage, French-Canadians, and surrender instantly  ;D
Just kidding ofcourse, with Tiemann on the Stuka we are fucked.
Im a bit out of practice but, im sure ill be able to deliver you a nice 500kg airmail present come gametime. ;D
Haha, I so hope we get an infantry map so you are ehm worthless  8)
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04-06-2009, 17:06:18 »
I confirm my presence this SATURDAY at 12:00PM EST (2:00PM MST)

Seeya

SB
i think it's 4pm(EST) saturday bud

Doh!!!  Yea your right, my mistake.   :o

Offline [F|H]Hawk_345

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #17 on: 04-06-2009, 23:06:31 »
I should also be around on Saturday. although i have never used ventrillo before. thought we had an official Ts server up, why not use that since it is what we will use in the actual match?

you guys would not have seen me much on public because im in the F|H tournament and that normally takes up most of my time. But ive been playing FH for a long time so no worries.  

Sorry never posted sooner, ive been away from computer a lot lately.

and may as well also say im as far east as you can get, im in Newfoundland so my time is the latest.
« Last Edit: 04-06-2009, 23:06:39 by [F|H]Hawk_345 »

Offline latreille

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-06-2009, 00:06:45 »
yes indeed, all other tesm will be using it, so we should too.
A teamspeak is there for you to use, no registering is needed and for each team a channel is made. The TS IP is: 193.93.46.62:8787

No password is needed just join your channel.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #19 on: 05-06-2009, 00:06:21 »
We suggested our vent because TS2 sounds terrible lol. Trust me vent sounds 10X better. That way it is easier to understand ppl.

Offline Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-06-2009, 00:06:17 »
We suggested our vent because TS2 sounds terrible lol. Trust me vent sounds 10X better. That way it is easier to understand ppl.
So are we using Vent or TS Saturday?

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #21 on: 05-06-2009, 01:06:47 »
Vent because I can't bear to hear the snap, crackle and pop of TS' rice crispies...lame joke I know. Btw where are we all from, I kind of want to know of the pings that we'll be dealing with, maybe we can start to beg for our games to be on the American server at most times because I know for one that any server in the UK comes with at least a 200 ping.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline latreille

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-06-2009, 01:06:13 »
i would suggest we use what we are going to use in the real thing. so we can get use to it.  you dont use a F1 car to practice if u go to a nascar race! lame comparaison i know lol..

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05-06-2009, 09:06:15 »
Ca a l'aire qu'on a au moin un vrais Quebequois, "comparaison" talk about a giveaway.:P

But no we're using the Vent because I want to actually hear you and I have admin on the vent server which will help as well as on the 130th server. So see you guys  there at the specified time.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline [F|H]Hawk_345

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #24 on: 05-06-2009, 13:06:55 »
That still does not make any sense to me, because during battle day we will have to use TS, and if vent is so much better, and you can hear our voices better, then when we use Ts, all voices will be different and you wont know who is who anyway.

and if your only argument other then sound quality is because you have admin rights there, then im sorry but thats not good enough for me. i can say the same about F|H servers, i got admin there. it dont make much difference. 

When i play, i like to play the way we will when the official game starts.

As i said i am in F|H and we use TS, and there has never been a problem, it is a great program, its not the best quality but it gets the job done well with little impact on performance.

The only fair way is to put this to a vote really.  

Also the use of your server is greatly appreciated. so dont go thinking there is not gratitude here, im just not keen on using stuff we wont have on battle day.

« Last Edit: 05-06-2009, 13:06:54 by [F|H]Hawk_345 »

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-06-2009, 14:06:30 »
I'm sorry but the truth of the matter is that we're both overstating the VOIP client's effect, Vent is roughly 2 times better than TS at most, on game day we'll still know who's talking, and the thing is that we'll be using different channels and scrimming against each other for the training/tryout, so we'll be in different channels and I'll be switching it up playerwise to try and fine tune the lineup in each squad. Plus I want a little air of secrecy which we won't get on TS. Please don't make a big deal about a VOIP client, our main concern is the game and as I've said before having evenly balanced squads or making an "attack" squad and one for defence.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-06-2009, 14:06:18 »
I only have TS2 on my machine for now, but if vent is absolutly needed, i will install and configure it for tomorrow.

Offline latreille

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05-06-2009, 15:06:29 »
i only know TS, my ''vote'' still is TS. the tournament is with... we need to use the same chanel to learn eachother voice.this is vital. this discussion should be ended before tonight.
trust me, in other team (lets say USA) they mostly know each other,they wont loose precious second thinking who is who. ''hum,hum, you! behind you!!''.
Vent is not absolutly needed, TS is... now you know my point!
« Last Edit: 05-06-2009, 15:06:23 by latreille »

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-06-2009, 16:06:58 »
Listen have both on your machines, and I'll have channels set up for our "secretive" trainings tomorrow. With Vent just set a push-to-talk key and you're good to go. I'll be waiting to move people and try to be early so we can get the ball rolling at the start of the hour.

Once again we'll know who's talking no matter what the program I just have more control in our Vent, see you tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 05-06-2009, 16:06:47 by Coca-Cola »

Offline latreille

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06-06-2009, 00:06:18 »
now this is canada, we will have both loll