Author Topic: Flying physics in FH 2.2  (Read 11189 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Flying physics in FH 2.2
« Reply #135 on: 20-03-2010, 18:03:27 »
Rather than create a new topic I searched the 29 pages of threads and chose this 'already started' topic to post my Question in.  Plus my question, while important to me, is negligible for a lot of FH2 players, and I am pretty sure it's been discussed before, but I have forgotten (hope2) the response...

Landing the stukka and beaufighter - why is it that their weight is in the nose, and often if you come in too slow you can nose-prop the plane without a real way of righting it again unless you run full throttle into a rock and hope that it doesn't blow you up, or you get out and destroy it yourself.

I've yet to successfully land the beaufighter on Mareth Line without nose-propping it or taking some heavy damage by slamming it into the hangar.  On the same map - landing the stukka is much the same, but obviously with a smaller plane, less likely to happen.

I'd like to suggest a possible fix/alternative but without remembering the reasons why (beyond BF2 engines doesn't support propeller planes douche!) I can't do that of course.

Before you land tilt the nose up, most lawndarts land with the plane being fully horizontal.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 29-03-2010, 17:03:07 »
plz plz plz get those cam views back in game, it might be not the most realistic way, but it will improve the gameplay alot!
Signature is too big

azreal

« Reply #137 on: 30-03-2010, 00:03:49 »
Alright this thread has served its purpose. Comments like the one above are not needed. If anyone has any thoughtful, and well planned out suggestions regarding the aircraft in FH2, you can make another post, but until then, no whining.