Alam Halfa
Operation Hyacinth
El Alamein
Operation Supercharge
Sidi Bou Zid
Mareth Line
Tunis
I wouldn't remove anything

Author Topic: Would you remove any maps?  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Would you remove any maps?
« Reply #30 on: 22-02-2017, 19:02:26 »
I can't hate on Ramelle. Even if it's not 100% accurate it's a nice one-off novelty map. Kinda like Alpenfestung was for FH1. Plus if you pretend that it's just a battle along the Merderet River than it's no more historically inaccurate than Totalize :P

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22-02-2017, 22:02:54 »
Overall, I'd like to see a more meaningful rotation, especially on weekends when it matters most. It's a pity to see the server's strength sucked off by unexpected Operation Supercharge.

I doubt it's that hard to plan a few generally good maps for when the server is alive..
Map rotation is randomly generated, what is IMO the most fair thing we can get. The maps you love might be the least liked by the others. It's just a common sense.

Aslo:
I mostly hate CMP maps, but there are at least 7 that I enjoy (Orscholz Switch, Operation Nordwind, Sidi Rezegh, Argentan, Brecourt Manor, Vosges Mountains, Westwall).
You desevre impalement for calling Sidi Rezegh a CMP map.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22-02-2017, 22:02:29 »
He means Sidi Muftah for sure :)

All those sidi's can get confusing at times, y'know? ;)

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-02-2017, 05:02:02 »
For starter, you can count in games like Companies of Heroes, Man of War, the remake of DoD, that ARMA WW2 mod, Red Orchestra series, and many other WW2 games I may not know of.
They may not suit our taste, but we don't say for many other people who simply switched to other games, abandoning FH altogether.

I stand by my point that Forgotten Hope 2 is a lost masterpiece of a video game, unique in its features.

Companies of Heroes and Men of War are single-player tactical RTS games. Completely off the mark. They're far closer to the Soldiers: Heroes of World War II series (admittedly, forgotten in the West).

Day of Infamy and Red Orchestra 2 are all infantry maps with few players in a match and without any vehicles.

Arma 3 WW2 mods are an enigma to me. From what I've seen, nothing special.

Project Reality's WW2 submod only has two maps and is too hardcore.

Squad's Post Scriptum is engulfed in drama right now.

Map rotation is randomly generated, what is IMO the most fair thing we can get. The maps you love might be the least liked by the others. It's just a common sense.

My point would be to mix "good and bad" maps together, so that we didn't have endless series of African maps, or French ones, or an entire evening with no Soviets.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19-03-2017, 02:03:25 »
If it was about my personal tastes, i would remove all the infantry only maps. To me forgotten hope is fun when at least Battle of Brest ammount of vehicles is present.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26-03-2017, 15:03:15 »
Is it possible to not remove these maps completely, but make them appear 50% less ? Then we all get to see our favorites once in a while, while popular maps will keep players on the server.