Author Topic: Heroes and Generals  (Read 8663 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes and Generals
« Reply #30 on: 05-02-2012, 20:02:58 »
Il 2 is hard to fly... Without a decent joystick (and especially after flying in FH2 cause the constant stalls WILL get on your nerves).
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05-02-2012, 20:02:39 »
Il 2 is hard to fly... Without a decent joystick (and especially after flying in FH2 cause the constant stalls WILL get on your nerves).

my joystick is like $50 but I rarely stall an aircraft as I know the limits, I usually just stick to a few aircrafts that I know better. Like the P51s and 109s. 109 is easy to fly, I somehow love my 109G6... 30mm one-shot cannon ftw, and P51s are simply joy as they are fast, stable. I am no good pilot online but in SP my P51 shoot down Me262s (do not even try to go head-on it is suicide). I did not practice bombings so I sucked at it. I wish I still had my joystick around...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05-02-2012, 22:02:55 »
I played a few rounds yesterday and have to say that the concept is quiet promissing. Feels very familiar, if you are a FH2 player. But the thing that made me rage quitting was the f*cked up balance so far. I know it is just an alpha. But the Tiger I is just OP atm and the Hellcat needs like three shots from the side to destroy the little cat and the Tiger blows up everything with one shot. Axis bias FTW  ;D

For the next test I wish some more balanced vehicles, so that you can atleast test the basic mechanics of the game. Performance was quiet laggy for me due to my bad rig. But for tanking it was ok. Tank balistics also have to be reworked and the weapons are also a bit bugged. The only hand gun that made kills on my server, was the MP40 so far. Tanks also need HE shells. What I especialy love atm is the sound of the ariplanes and to ride the bycicles. I know where they got the idea from :D

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05-02-2012, 22:02:42 »
Tanks are equipped with HE shells. ;)
Explosions and gun damage seems to be pretty low, though, especially handgrenades, plane bombs, HE shells and pistols.
I also hope they´ll give balistics and weapon/vehicle handling a work-over as it doesn´t feel right, yet. I also feel that the ME-109 is quite tough to kill, whereas the P-38 is easily being shredded by both enemy planes and enemy Flak.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06-02-2012, 03:02:36 »
How can I switch the sorts of ammunition? I was quiet bussy to lurk through the controll settings. What I especialy like are the different positions in the tanks as in RO for example. Forces some teamwork in such a machine. I didn't try to fly though.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06-02-2012, 05:02:53 »
Got my key too :D
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06-02-2012, 08:02:10 »
Yes, got mine too now.
Am I right, that I have to wait for the next test to start, before I can install the game?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06-02-2012, 09:02:21 »
Yes, got mine too now.
Am I right, that I have to wait for the next test to start, before I can install the game?
Yeah, you can´t play the game untill the next playsession. I guess they want to concentrate mainly on having as many people online to test the servers stability and forcing people to play at a certain time only seems like a good way to do that.
You only download the map files, btw, the game starts from your browser.

How can I switch the sorts of ammunition?
Press "2" for HE and "1" for AP. "Q" seems to be for the co-ax machine gun.

and not a soul to hear.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07-02-2012, 19:02:50 »
Play session today at 2PM EST

In 54 mins :D
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07-02-2012, 21:02:54 »
The game currently does not supprort high graphics for Windows XP, so I was stuck using low (like 1998 graphics) so I won't play untill I get Windows 7 or untill they support XP. The game is fun though, reminds me ALOT of WWII online.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08-02-2012, 12:02:12 »
Damnit, I was all ready and whatnot and then after I managed to log in nothing happened.
It seemed to download something but even after an hour nothing had changed and all I could hear was a loop of that orchestral music...
damnit

Anyone got a tip for me? It wouldn't load with FF nor with IE.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08-02-2012, 14:02:50 »
Damnit, I was all ready and whatnot and then after I managed to log in nothing happened.
It seemed to download something but even after an hour nothing had changed and all I could hear was a loop of that orchestral music...
damnit

Anyone got a tip for me? It wouldn't load with FF nor with IE.

Delete whatever it downloaded and try again? Try Chrome? I don't have a clue but I vaguely remember a few people had the same problem last weekend...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08-02-2012, 14:02:06 »
If I'd know where it installed it's files to... having browser based games is really a pain in that respect.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08-02-2012, 14:02:21 »
Are you using any plug-ins that might block Javascript? Add-Block or NoScript perhaps?
and not a soul to hear.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08-02-2012, 14:02:48 »
Are you using any plug-ins that might block Javascript? Add-Block or NoScript perhaps?

I deactivated everything, and it did let me log in, but the bar in the background would just run through and through.