Author Topic: European Election 25th may  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
European Election 25th may
« on: 24-05-2014, 16:05:47 »
Only one word for our european players (at least those who vote tomorrow):

VOTE !

PS:Same word for our ukrainian players !

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: European Election 25th may
« Reply #1 on: 24-05-2014, 16:05:10 »
voted yesterday for a left-candidate feminist critical of the EU and who wants Sweden to leave the EU - and it's not even contra-productive.

So close to vote for Soraya Post, leading candidate in swedish "Feminist Initiative", a feminist party that are on the rise and have good hopes of entering our government this fall. She's romani as well, which would be amazing to actually have the first (?) romani person in the EU congress - considering their situation is one of the most important the EU has to deal with.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-05-2014, 16:05:02 »
Who cares, all you're doing is choosing who will have a nice salary for the next couple of years.
I'm gonna vote for the most anti-EU guy I can find, probably Korwin-Mikke, just to shake things up a little.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:21 »
I don't know yet really, probably someone that will unify Europe more.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #4 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:35 »
Ted the feminist, never saw that coming. Maybe a little.

Since Dutch elections were on Thursday, I voted on the most anti-EU party on the list. No, not the PVV.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:45 »
Why are all you guys anti europe?

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:10 »
I voted pro-EU D66 (liberals) on Thursday. Very glad to see they got the most votes.
« Last Edit: 24-05-2014, 17:05:45 by Lightning »

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:39 »
Why are all you guys anti europe?
Like I said, I don't really give a shit, result is always the same, all I want is to see the mess that will happen.
Besides, someone has to counter that EU-bullshit.
WARNING!

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:16 »
Protip: vote on a party that will dismantle the Holy European Empire.

Sincerely Norway

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:13 »
Just because you don't care does not mean you have to sabotage. It only makes you an anarchist, completely useless.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:43 »

Sincerely Norway

Ofcourse, a group of small meaningless nations is so much better then a united front. ::)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-05-2014, 17:05:51 »
Since the election threshold for this years EP elections has been deemed unconstitutional by our supreme court (something that will hopefully happen soon for national elections, too) I voted for a smaller party, to hopefully get some variations into the EP.
No matter what all these "Euro critics" say, the EU is a reality we have to deal with and Europe has profitted alot from it. It´s still a system that needs some heavy tweaking especially to make it more democratic and less bureaucratic, though. But demanding a complete disbandening of the EU is absurd.

I also hope that Martin Schulz won´t become the next President of the Comission, just to piss my extremely-pro-SPD-buddy off.  ;D
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-05-2014, 18:05:26 »

Sincerely Norway

Ofcourse, a group of small meaningless nations is so much better then a united front. ::)
We have that, it's called NATO.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-05-2014, 18:05:19 »
Just because you don't care does not mean you have to sabotage. It only makes you an anarchist, completely useless.
Don't have to, but U wanna, It doesn't have to be useful. But I think it actually is, because you might just end up with a circle of politician jerking each other off over lightbulb-banning-ecology-healthy-ban-mercury-thermometers-bullshit. That isn't good for anyone.
WARNING!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-05-2014, 18:05:56 »
We have that, it's called NATO.
Yeah, of course it is better to have something which costs even more money, is utterly useless since the Soviet Union got dismantled, AND is undemocratic in the sense that you get zero influence on who gets the overpaid jobs there.

Euro-critics have a point when it comes to efficiency (as that could be better indeed), but everything else is just proof of shortsightedness. When the EU would get dissolved, problems simply shift to the separate countries, making the EU critics cry out even more, just looking for someone else to blame. And when it comes to efficiency, it's not like your own national government is faring so well in that department.

Instead of making a gazillion independent states which hate each other, we should cooperate on a higher level whenever possible. Cooperation has brought a lot of wealth to Europe in the past 50 years, and I doubt that the critics would have wanted to miss that wealth. So I hope EU gets expanded and that Russia will be a part of it one day. The best would be if the EU has to change it's name in the future because it's no longer a European thing only.