Poll

Remove or keep crossed flag rule on 762 servers?

Remove
55 (76.4%)
Keep
17 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: 06-08-2012, 21:08:45

Author Topic: Rule against attacking crossed flags on 762 Servers / Ban of sheikyerbouti  (Read 13079 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Nice story sheik.

But sadly only half of the truth. Odiums english isn't that bad, my is worse. But we atleast try to communicate and most people can understand us. Btw, what does this have to do with my age?

Your rage post doesn't seem more mature, my friend.  ;)

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
Your rules are just fine, as long as they are enforced properly. The only issue I have ever had on 762 is when a an admin of theirs tk'd a guy for a SdKfz 222   on olympus.    I mean really  a sdkfz22 is worthy of a tk?   ;D

and also my 200 ping on the server,  its a good thing smines aren't affected by ping!

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Give me a name, I would like to check that, that is nothing I would tolerate in my team!
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
Give me a name, I would like to check that, that is nothing I would tolerate in my team!

Been a few months.

I think I made a post on your forums right when it happened, but my screen shot failed to take so it was a non issue!  No worries!

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
If you would like to vote, please remember the threads will be closed this Sunday evening, that means here and on www.bf2awards.de.

We would like to know your opinion! Thanks!
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline WinstonTheRipper

• View Profile
Not a big fan of this crossed out flag rule. On several maps it prevents flanking of objectives because of way the map is set up, as you have to enter the edges, or center of flag area in some cases. Many skirmishes occur if you try to flank and, of course, you aren't allowed to "attack" the crossed out area so it's not allowed.

One instance stuck out in my mind quit vividly. I was playing on the St. Vith in the server a few days ago as German. As we were attacking the train station flag, my squad began taking sniper fire from church building. With his elevated position, he was protected from ground fire, so I flanked him planning on tossing a grenade into the window. I got shot while doing so by the sniper in question, and he immediately began spamming "ADMIN ADMIN, WINSTON IS ATTACKING ME AT UNCAP!!!!!"  My response was fairly straight forward. (Do you really expect me not to flank a sniper that is gunning down my teammates?) I was warned with a ban and I stopped talking. We had to wait until all the flags were capped before we finally killed the sniper.

If I can't attack someone at uncap, why can he shoot me FROM uncap? Seems like this rule cuts out a lot of the tactics and simply irritates a majority of the players. When I began to contest this rule, every person (who I've never played with before) in my 6 man squad began telling me it was a stupid rule and not to debate it. I understand that in some situations, the rule can help. Nobody likes it when sizable chunks of the team attack uncap areas, but, as I said before, these instances are rare and the negatives outweigh the positives.

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
It is a very difficult rule to enforce and must be enforced at a Admins discretion on what is appropriate for a kick/ban.  If you are caught behind the lines as a flag is captured,  that is a difficult scenario and would not be appropriate to act. 

But you can't always tell, and no one wants to type and ask, and you're not guaranteed to get the truth, nor will it appease everyone anyways.

As an Admin I say remove.  Too difficult to enforce.  And this is also Battlefield.  Nuff said.  It's Battlefield.  Attacking an uncap can slow an advance down and distract the enemy team.  They can't recap, so if they choose to waste their time in a back area, by all means, let that player have their type of fun.

You can't steal enemy tanks in this game, so, damage done by players in back areas is minimal to that in BF42 for an example.

Warfare is not a gentlemen's game.

----------------------

I've also mentioned to "the powers that be" to act to remove the 'do not attack main via Planes unless at fixed defensive positions only" rule.

Air attacks should be allowed at enemy main bases, indiscriminately, because the maps usually contain several AA defensive weapons and teams should be guarding their main bases, and generally both teams will have planes if there are planes at all.

Furthermore it is too difficult to admin some type of attacks versus, none at all, or indiscriminate attacks.

All or nothing, I say.  And if it's one or the other, I say allow.

"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Thanks for voting and discussing this! From tomorrow morning, on servers 762#1 - #3 we will play without the crossed flags rule! This trial test will last until September 3rd.

The change of rules will be displayed in the loading screen of the servers.
Please keep in mind that the ABC lines and crossed out mainbases remain no-go / no-fire-into areas!

For feedback, please use the thread here:
http://www.762-ranking.de/forum/showthread.php?454-Removal-of-the-crossed-flags-rule-Feedback-thread!

Moderators: Please lock this thread, since it has well served its purpose. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 06-08-2012, 01:08:57 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I