Poll

Remove or keep crossed flag rule on 762 servers?

Remove
55 (76.4%)
Keep
17 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: 06-08-2012, 21:08:45

Author Topic: Rule against attacking crossed flags on 762 Servers / Ban of sheikyerbouti  (Read 13180 times)

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
but then you have situtations on say operation goodwood the north bridge axis side if you see a tank behind the bridge and shoot it you can get kicked/banned for shooting behind abc line so you have to wait for him to shoot you before can return fire

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
ABC lines were added to prevent basecamping so the admin wouldn't have to do anything in this regard. It's not a 'safe zone'. Going right up to the line and shooting inside it should be perfectly fine, that's how it's designed.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile

The reason I hate this rule so much is because it's so awkward to play by - I never really know if I should let my guard down or not, if there are implied safe zones on the map or not, and I try to play the game against enemies the way I want them to play against me, and I don't want to kill players in any way that serves only to frustrate them.

There ain't no "safe zone" in a battle. Mainbase can be considered relatively "safe" but even there you can get killed by an air attack. Since most of the maps depict attacks of forces, the "mainbases" are actually field HQs that serve as a starting point for an attack. The moment you spawn on the map you are part of the battle, and should never let your guard down.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
This is no battle, this is a game.  Maybe simulating a battle, but still a game.
Those Anti- Base-Camping-lines are not perfect. Maybe you can´t walk inside the area, but there are a lot of areas where this is not necessary to shoot the crap out of the guys spawning there.
I´d like to see a situation on Goodwood where the KT and the rest of the german tanks celebrate a campfest in front of the british abc-line.
Strafing Typhoons on Totalize.
Every single map with artillery pieces can ruin a day. 

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
ABC lines were added to prevent basecamping so the admin wouldn't have to do anything in this regard. It's not a 'safe zone'. Going right up to the line and shooting inside it should be perfectly fine, that's how it's designed.

But do you design the maps to frustrate players or do you want to get them on the flags (targets) and into fight - at the end playing the game? On alot of maps I can manage to cause total havoc with my squad in the enemy base, if it wasn't forbidden by server rules.
You have to imagnie the worst case possible. In this manor the German base at St. Vith is a deathtrap at it's best. Why do I start FH2, if I get slaughtered anyway the moment I spawn? - because then all gameplay mechanics fail and people ask to skip the map, what makes the map itself and alot of work totaly useless at the end. Thanks to all server admins that this isn't possible.

@Pureperversions: We had this discussion with Fair Player in the 762 forum and found a consense. You don't have to shot in there. Use your brain a littlebit to kill him and find a better position. You can still kill him the moment he exits the ABC line. I always ask myself how we manage to play the game on 762 ::)
People don't have the fun to play the game in mind (for all layers), but only a fast and easy kill.
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 15:07:35 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
he didnt leave just sat there taking shots at people as they randomly drove past and warning people who did shoot at him

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
My personal opinion on that...
If u manage to kill someone by any way the game is giving u, do so.  Let the game and the map set the rules.  Ex:  If the enemy uncapable flag is in reach of your arty, you should be allowed to shell that flag no matter what.

The game and the map design should enforce do's and dont's, not admins.  No surprise, I answered "Remove" to the poll.
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 18:07:36 by [QPS]_Sex_Bomb »

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

But do you design the maps to frustrate players or do you want to get them on the flags (targets) and into fight - at the end playing the game? On alot of maps I can manage to cause total havoc with my squad in the enemy base, if it wasn't forbidden by server rules.
You have to imagnie the worst case possible. In this manor the German base at St. Vith is a deathtrap at it's best. Why do I start FH2, if I get slaughtered anyway the moment I spawn? - because then all gameplay mechanics fail and people ask to skip the map, what makes the map itself and alot of work totaly useless at the end. Thanks to all server admins that this isn't possible.

@Pureperversions: We had this discussion with Fair Player in the 762 forum and found a consense. You don't have to shot in there. Use your brain a littlebit to kill him and find a better position. You can still kill him the moment he exits the ABC line. I always ask myself how we manage to play the game on 762 ::)
People don't have the fun to play the game in mind (for all layers), but only a fast and easy kill.

lol. first you complain that the game isn't played as it is "intended", then you proceed to complain that devs have designed it wrong.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
^ This

That's how the design is, otherwise I can just grab a pzIV on Goodwood and drive it up the railway and shoots people from there, anyone who shoot me back should get kick by the rule since I'm inside abc line, ridiculous situation ::)

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile

Ok. That means, that i am allowed to kill and distroy everything with my plane, thats in the mainbase and ABC-line? I know some good players who could empty the complete server by using these tactics. They could destroy every vehicle and AA before they could be used.

I think that is not the idea to play a game.

Regards Knallkopp_02

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile

Ok. That means, that i am allowed to kill and distroy everything with my plane, thats in the mainbase and ABC-line?
Regards Knallkopp_02

Welcome to hslan, and you can. And people are not complaining about it at all.

Edit: Regards the ABC line discussion: There's a lot to change if  we wish we could remove all base attacking rules. Currently you can indeed drive to edge of ABC and see every single enemy vehicle spawn from that position. That can be done on many maps. ABC should be moved much further away from bases, if devs wish it would actually stop base rapers.

I could actually make huge suggestion post regarding this.  :)
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 19:07:53 by ajappat »

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile
And they would be happy to have no vehicles to fight. I dont belief this situation. I dont belief that players are happy to be cannon fodder.

If this is no problem for you, you can join again and again at my position or flag and i will kill you again and again. I would be happy to get this chance, but i think you would not be happy to end the round with maybe a k/d with 0/75. Or did you?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile

lol. first you complain that the game isn't played as it is "intended", then you proceed to complain that devs have designed it wrong.

I haven't complained that the game isn't played as "intented". I have complained how it is intented and that's a difference - is it intended to frustrate you or should it be fun?  ::). The way as the devs intented it, doesn't work in some cases. Thatswhy there are server rules. And The German mainbase on St. Vith is clearly designed wrong. What's wrong about to say something like this? There is always room for feedback and improvements. Thatswhy we are here. I find it kinda funny how some people react to negative critics ::)

@Ajappat: please do make a post to improve the cover of the mainbases. This would affect all servers in  a positive way and you are a beta tester and server admin. Finaly someone with a constructive suggestion.  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
...whatever the 762 haters in here say about situations that occured years ago.
Hi, I'll just assume you don't read what others post. But please read this, it was meant for you:
Also, you turn this into a 762 vs hslan topic, pls don't do that. I really appreciate it that
Odium posts this thread here, and now you read stuff which you dislike, you troll? Of course you know that some people will jump on your post like that, so pls refrain from posts like that.
If you like flamewars, or "shitstorms" as you call them, open your own forum and go ahead.

Thank god it is saved by admins! LOL

And they would be happy to have no vehicles to fight. I dont belief this situation. I dont belief that players are happy to be cannon fodder.

If this is no problem for you, you can join again and again at my position or flag and i will kill you again and again. I would be happy to get this chance, but i think you would not be happy to end the round with maybe a k/d with 0/75. Or did you?
Oh yeah, because the goal of FH2 is to have a good k/d ratio  ::)

And "no vehicles" is rubbish. Mainbases are equipped with guns, you know. Use them. You obviously never played on a server without this rule, right? Since in daily practice, it next to never happens.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile

Planes have had their freedom to attack mainbases as they will on hslan, from the release of this mod (2007 ??? ::)). I barely ever see someone whining about it on chat. Most likely because even though they are free to attack base, most pilots know they are needed elsewhere on battlefield, so attacks on mainbase are not constant.

@Shitmaker: I will do i, but it takes some times to go through all maps.
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 21:07:19 by ajappat »