Author Topic: Totalize  (Read 893 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Totalize
« on: 16-01-2010, 21:01:13 »
So far, I've noted that bots get stuck at a fence gate close to train rail, kinda overlooking the 1st german base

Basically, they get stuck behind the gate rather than passing through it

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Totalize
« Reply #1 on: 17-01-2010, 03:01:31 »
There's a few places they get stuck at near the factory...I posted screenies over on BFSP.

EDIT: After standing at the main watching a few FW's get shot down, I'd say the AA isn't as accurate as it first appears (unless you're flying straight at it). It's relative to the speed of the target.

I watched one fly toward the main, banking to the right once the AA opened fire (only one gun). The shells were hitting the tail or exploding just behind it (it looks like the bots aren't leading their shots). After a dozen or so shots, the FW made it out of range (smoking) and a moment later came back for more, only to be shot down instantly.

Mostly they get shot down in only 3 or 4 shots due to their bad habit of slowing down to strafe ground targets.

And the Flak 18's are a pain in the ass...I've been shot down by them almost as many times as the AA.
« Last Edit: 17-01-2010, 16:01:50 by cannonfodder »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-02-2010, 19:02:14 »
Hi WinterHilf

Any word on pathmapping this? Any possible update that we can try out? Perhaps vehicle pathmapping - or any pathmaps for other maps?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-06-2010, 16:06:26 »
On Remick's map,
I realise that allies seldom use most of the other means to cross the river. They may attack the nebelwerfer bas but rarely and hardly ever drive tanks across the shallow approaching the double-88 base. It will help them get across if they did.
I tried using the strategy of capping the nebelwerfer and taking out the guns to see if the allies could take the hill. With fausters jumping of the hill like jackrabbits, panthers, STuGs and fw190s the main bridge becomes a deathtrap.

I also tried taking the hill and having my squad spawn to hold it - i watch hopelessly as panthers and such pummel my army from the nebelwerfer base or midfield with a hopeless flow of men and tanks trying again and to cross that one bridge with no flanking move whatsoever

Many actually just loiter in the rear