Author Topic: Increase Prone and Crawl Speed  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
Increase Prone and Crawl Speed
« on: 13-09-2012, 23:09:48 »
Increase prone speed from that slug crawl and increase the crawl speed slightly. Don't know why the devs slowed them down, i don't think they were a problem at all in the past.

Or alternatively - make a limited sprint while prone or crawling. Not like sprinting speed while prone but it has to be faster than that wretched slug crawl you guys call a prone.

Just for people to understand why some people would want this. How fast would you be prone crawling or crawling if you were being shot at. I personally would haul ass into a ditch while on the floor, who'd be stupid enough to stand up and sprint to a ditch. Those who do that get their butts killed, which the players are stuck to that lame tactic until someone does something about it.
« Last Edit: 13-09-2012, 23:09:34 by Cheesus Krighst »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Increase Prone and Crawl Speed
« Reply #1 on: 14-09-2012, 06:09:18 »
Yeah, a bit higher  crawl speed would be nice. I also like to say that shooting while crawling  should be removed and added a slower version of the weapons running animations, cause I dont think that a soldier could do the effort for crawling and aim trhough the sights.

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-09-2012, 18:09:44 »
I agree the crawling speed should be increased a little. Now it's alright but a soldier back in those days should be able to crawl more faster than that. Being optimistic though it's not as bad as crawling in FH1. I can still remember that.  :'(

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-11-2012, 08:11:51 »
it's tied to run speed, but I've upped it a few digits now so.. You probably wont notice the difference though

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-11-2012, 13:11:26 »
^ Better than nothing I guess... Thx Natty.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Kuupperi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-11-2012, 15:11:57 »
I don't know how complicated it would be but what if there was a "sprint speed" for crawling too? Is it even possible? What I'm just saying is that you could double tap a key to crawl faster just like you do to sprint while standing in the game. It's not a must have but just throwing this out there as one of the options.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01-11-2012, 21:11:47 »
Not possible because there would need to be a trigger for it afaik. (Like you can't have an animation for walking because there is no trigger you could attach it to)

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #7 on: 13-12-2012, 07:12:40 »
Actually if we could have crouch-run like in the Metal Gear Solid series that would be great.  ;D
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Kuupperi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-12-2012, 14:12:13 »
That would be kinda cool if you imagine the trenche combat (moving faster but head down) or moving into the cover of a small object and crouching fast there during intense firefight has a smaller risk of being hit in the upper body. Sounds like a good idea but is it possible to be done?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-12-2012, 15:12:28 »
That would need another key, so I suppose it isnt possible.