Poll

Your choice:

High textures quality - nice graphic, harder to spot enemy.
60 (93.8%)
Low textures quality - shit graphic, easier to spot enemy.
0 (0%)
Lower textures settings beacuse of hardware limits.
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: FH2 textures quality...  (Read 2086 times)

Offline CLavish

• View Profile
FH2 textures quality...
« on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:23 »
I play with all effects/textures set up to maximum - game looks nice but sometimes is really hard to spot hiding enemy. Couple times i played with low settings and it was so much easier to find and kill enemy.
What is your choice?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 textures quality...
« Reply #1 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:40 »
I play on a shitty computer so I have no choice except medium  :(

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:45 »
When I can play with high settings... why would I play with low settings? If I couldnt play with high, I would naturally choose low...

And no, I dont choose low settings just so I can see people, thats just lame.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:42 »
On all setting low I always confused destroyed static tanks to real ones  ::).

Offline CLavish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:18 »
... And no, I dont choose low settings just so I can see people, thats just lame.
I think it's exactly opposite to lame - but I prefere nicer views than easier scores. Sometimes it's just annoying when I think im hidden when i fact im not... And im pretty sure some players use low settings just for that. I don't blame them - just wonder how many of us do that.
« Last Edit: 17-07-2011, 14:07:15 by CLavish »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:26 »
So its lame to you someone uses his/her surroundings to hide and you cant see them when they shoot you down?

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:37 »
being a guy from high quality to low quality graphics. I could tell you that high quality graphics allows you to spot enemies BETTER...

on low, yes , it would be easier in some sense, especially for relatively new players, but for the maximum situation awareness graphics high is still better, especially if you are really experienced with FH2.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-07-2011, 15:07:36 »
... And no, I dont choose low settings just so I can see people, thats just lame.
I think it's exactly opposite to lame - but I prefere nicer views than easier scores.
How is it exactly the opposite of lame? I don't follow...  ???

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-07-2011, 15:07:25 »
Dude you´re speaking about the LoD´s, not about the Texture Quality x´D

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-07-2011, 15:07:38 »
Highest settings and loving it.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-07-2011, 21:07:15 »
I play with all effects/textures set up to maximum - game looks nice but sometimes is really hard to spot hiding enemy. Couple times i played with low settings and it was so much easier to find and kill enemy.
What is your choice?
oh... It reminds me of my mate playing CoD2 so much. It was ultimate free hax lame tactic. Personally I don't give a fuck if I get killed by someone playing on low, high setting make me feel almost like on real battlefield and it is beautiful. HIGH SETTING FTW!!

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #11 on: 17-07-2011, 21:07:35 »
there needs to be a fix that for people that run on low settings still have to have high amount grass and and max lOD so people cant use this to find people..
and yes it would make people with low settings lag but ITS  2011 AND YOUR PLAYING A GAME MADE IN 2005 IF YOU CANT PLAY ON MAX THEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-07-2011, 21:07:50 »
I think it's exactly opposite to lame - but I prefere nicer views than easier scores. Sometimes it's just annoying when I think im hidden when i fact im not... And im pretty sure some players use low settings just for that. I don't blame them - just wonder how many of us do that.

I don't get this...why would you find it bad to not be able to spot camouflaged enemies...that's the whole damn point.

Offline Lydecker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-07-2011, 09:07:04 »
What makes a difference in spotting an enemy or not, is your screen size. All else just don't matter. I've tested this at a LAN party once, using my 26" LG and a friend's 22" Samsung. No matter of graphics settings, the bigger screen helped most with spotting enemies. My friend bought a 27" screen right away :D

High graphics is what I always use. If I was in a clan playing a match for glory & riches, things would be different and finding that graphical sweet spot could be beneficial. Right now, with FH2 looking absolutely magnificent, hell no.

//Lyd

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-07-2011, 10:07:47 »
High settings FTW!  :) Prefer having K/D ration 2/16 and feel one with the battlefield, than having low settings and spot players easily. I've always played Fh2 for its sheer beauty and not for the stats! That's how things will remain!
« Last Edit: 18-07-2011, 11:07:02 by Raziel »