Author Topic: ESAI: FH2 Edition  (Read 34546 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: ESAI (Enhanced Strategic AI) by Void BFSP
« Reply #90 on: 09-11-2010, 10:11:48 »
Well, ESAI:FH2 v 1.5 has been downloaded 24 times as I write this. Not bad, not bad. Seems a few folks are paying attention...
You'll get a few more than that once I add it to the DL sticky (110 DL's of 2.3_fixed_files.rar in 3 weeks).

As long as they are final versions (for the time being, at least), I'll add ready-to-go server.zip's for Mareth, Gazala, and Villers to the sticky in the next day or two.

And just so you know, that DL sticky is mainly for people who aren't familiar with editing archives. I make installing any files I add to it as simple as: rename/backup file 'X' and then extract the file you DL'ed to here.

That's why I haven't added ESAI, I'm a lazy bludger and I haven't uploaded the server.zip's yet... :)

You must be thinking of Fall of Tobruk djinn, there's no water on Siege... ;)

And it's one of the maps on which I haven't seen the double-cap issue.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 09-11-2010, 12:11:32 »
oh, yer... then no, Siege of Tobruk doesn't have a double-cap. Thanks, cF :-)

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #92 on: 09-11-2010, 18:11:22 »
As long as they are final versions (for the time being, at least), I'll add ready-to-go server.zip's for Mareth, Gazala, and Villers to the sticky in the next day or two.

Yes, they are final versions for now. If I update the map AI, I just update the ESAI map plugin anyway - no changes needed to server.zip.

EDIT: cF, make sure to include both the Strategies.ai files as well as the StrategicAreas.ai files I author. In the maps with custom SAI, my code depends on SA ObjectType flags set in StrategicAreas.ai.

I'm about to release ESAI:FH2 v1.6 - I've finished coding SoT. I really don't understand why it didn't have a custom strategy to begin with. It needs one b/c of the "Push" game mode and the way the flags are neighbored. No custom SAI = confused bots attacking flags they cannot capture.

Are there more of these "Push" maps where bots do not know what order to cap the flags in? I want to go ahead and fix the rest of them.

Place your orders, please...
« Last Edit: 09-11-2010, 18:11:16 by Void »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 09-11-2010, 18:11:18 »
Offhead,
The st. Lo Breakout - bots attach church when some of first line bases arent capped

fall of tobruk - bots may forget the docks

alam halfa - bots may go for british main and forget 2nd line bases

supercharge - bots proceed to at gun base without capping 88 base

lebisey - bots may attack the chateau before frontline is capped

operation goodwood - bots may skip cagney and go for base next to axis main

ramelle neuville - not known offhead, but i think it exists

For most its just one flag.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #94 on: 09-11-2010, 18:11:36 »
Wow, that's a lot of maps. This list will be priority - having bots attack uncappable flags is simply nonsense that should have been addressed already. I don't understand why it never was.

Could you repost the list and mark the maps that have double-cap bug? I'm going to do the ones without it first, in the hopes that some inspired genius/madman can worm through the python code and squash that bug.

I've looked at some FH2 python,and already have some ideas about the root cause of the dreaded "double-cap", but they will only be vague suspicions until I can work myself up,or get sufficiently intoxicated, to tolerate diving deeper into the FH2 python jungle.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 09-11-2010, 19:11:05 »
Well, i did say offhead. I might have forgotten a couple.

/The st. Lo Breakout

/alam halfa

/supercharge

/lebisey

/operation goodwood

These dont have a double-cap issue. Sorry to pile em on, but with the whole sp project slowed to a standstill, you efforts are so appreciated

I manage to do a fresh fh2 and bf2 install. Darn thing took an hour and a half. I will be testing your work with my bf2.41

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 09-11-2010, 19:11:56 »
St. Lo's hill flag has double-cap issue.

Alam Halfa is also known to have it in first both flags.

Fall of Tobruk is well identified.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #97 on: 09-11-2010, 19:11:09 »
ESAI:FH2 v1.6 has been released.

I'm next going after these three maps in this order:

-supercharge

-lebisey

-operation goodwood

If any of these maps have additional strategic considerations beyond capping the flags in the correct order, now is the time to fill me in.
« Last Edit: 09-11-2010, 22:11:18 by Void »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 09-11-2010, 19:11:33 »
These are all good maps, generally. On goodwood, Germans do have an issue moving their tanks to the front though, courtesy of a minor change in bot tank handling in narrow spaces, but otherwise it works fine.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 09-11-2010, 20:11:01 »
Hi, can anyone who has bf2 1.41 installed give me a DL link to its RendDX9.dll file. I accidentally copied 1.5s own over it and would otherwise need to reinstall the whole bf2, patches and fh2 to solve this. Thanx.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #100 on: 09-11-2010, 20:11:29 »
Hi, can anyone who has bf2 1.41 installed give me a DL link to its RendDX9.dll file. I accidentally copied 1.5s own over it and would otherwise need to reinstall the whole bf2, patches and fh2 to solve this. Thanx.

no prob, have it uploaded for you in a moment.

EDIT:

here ya go Djinn: BF2 1.41 RendDX9 Dlls

I don't know if you have the editor/debugger installed, but I included the dlls for it also.
« Last Edit: 09-11-2010, 20:11:06 by Void »

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #101 on: 09-11-2010, 22:11:36 »
Supercharge 64 is finished.

Will do the next two maps (lebisey,operation goodwood) before my next ESAI:FH2 release.

« Last Edit: 09-11-2010, 22:11:56 by Void »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 09-11-2010, 22:11:13 »
Thanx.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #103 on: 10-11-2010, 02:11:00 »
Lebisey 64 is finished.

I've noticed, as I seemingly always run FH2 with AI Debug Rendering on, that my strategies change before the flags change status on the map - by around 3 to 5 seconds. This is not the case in regular BF2. In BF2, my strats change pretty much in sync with the changes on the map, or the "overhead" view if you will.

Makes me wonder about the python hooks that control flag ownership even more. If I could partner with a good Python coder I think we would be in a good position to solve the double-cap bug together.

EDIT: Admins/Moderators: could this thread possibly be renamed to just "ESAI:FH2 Discussion", or something? Everyone here already knows I wrote ESAI, and my handle is Void at more places than just BFSP. Just a thought...

« Last Edit: 10-11-2010, 04:11:47 by Void »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 10-11-2010, 07:11:58 »
Zoomotorpool can do that. U just need to edit his first post, am i right, zM?