Author Topic: Advice for Private LAN Play  (Read 3795 times)

Offline oldgamer69

• View Profile
Re: Advice for Private LAN Play
« Reply #15 on: 01-07-2019, 19:07:24 »
Just to wrap up this thread...

The Client found over at playfh2 (and the one here, no doubt) also contains the dedicated server.  After install, it's found in the root directory.   If, like me, you are doing a LAN game and want to play co-op, you'll find there's a problem with the dedicated server.  It needs a dll file.   I got help over at FH2 Discord in their tech support section.  File name was AIDLL_w32ded.dll.  I think the devs planned have this fixed next time they release a version.

Thanks to LUckyone and Jan for all the help!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-07-2019, 21:07:40 »
The file is only missing in the standalone version from the www.playfh2.com.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-06-2020, 09:06:43 »
I gave up trying to connect two computers together using the dedicated server. ( found in the root directory).
That was twelve months ago. Today I selected a normal solo coop game in multiplayer. I when to my second computer, started a FH2 game and when to the multiplayer section. Connected the LAN cable, waited a minute, and the original game ( from the 1st pc ) was waiting for me to connect! Connected both pc’s and game played fine. Just as it used to happen in BF 1942!
Has something changed for the better in this version of 2.56? Or have I been doing it all wrong the whole time,😀

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-06-2020, 20:06:35 »
Nothing changed in this regard. Issue was on your end.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-06-2020, 01:06:32 »
I realise that Jan, but I put up my experience on how I played LAN so other interested players can do the same. I have scoured this forum for ages , and never found a definitive way to play LAN successfully. Most of my time wasting was following the  dedicated server information. One caveat to my success, only connect the LAN cables after both computers have entered the multiplayer section. My screen blacks out if this order is not followed.
 Hope I can help others.
Regards. Gregb1955

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-08-2020, 05:08:25 »
Played “Breakthrough at St Lo 64” over a LAN for first time. All worked except the pick up kits on the client end are invisible but still can be picked up. Host end visible. Played several other maps with no invisible pick up kits. Anyone give me a clue to the problem. Thanks.