Author Topic: Some things and suggestions  (Read 787 times)

Offline LtnGeorge

• View Profile
Some things and suggestions
« on: 13-09-2009, 14:09:28 »
A few anoyances.

What did you guys do to the tanks!

Playing a map in WAW yesterday with panzer4 f2's and panzer 3J vs Shermans, stuarts and daimlers.

How on earth is it possible that the high velocity f2 gun can't penetrate the sherman in 1 time and has a hard time to penetrate the stuart in 1 shot.

And than the part the the daimler and stuart are altered in a way that they can 1 shot the panzer 4 from the back from about 1 to 1,5 grid away and kill it or leaving it with only 2 bars of health. even to the front a stuart shouldn't be able to kill a panzer 4, not in 2 shots at least.

Haven't tested other tanks yet. But this are a few curiosities. Also the tank speeds are altered in a strange way. Panzer 3 and 4 tanks were relitivaly fast in real. Faster than a panther. But a panther can with ease overtake the panzer 4 ingame. That ain't right.

So in my opinion a few things to think of in next update (coming soon I hope)
- Fix the tanks speeds more to what they were, they seemed way more acurate.
- Do something about little guns killing tanks with ease, It is unrealistic.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Some things and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 13-09-2009, 14:09:49 »
I kinda saw this one coming...

Thank you for reporting this George.  :)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-09-2009, 14:09:04 »
Panther is faster than Pnz 4 IRL. But yeah in Africa there are some odd things happening. I especially hate that crusader 1 cant be one shotted by Pnz 3, i needed 3 shots to kill one. Plus crusader 3 one shots pnz 3.

Offline LtnGeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-09-2009, 17:09:02 »
Sorry about the speed thing,

I did a little search and came up that speed would be correct.

The sherman and the Panzer 3/4 are almost equal in speed and the Panther is just a little bit faster (only by 3 to 6 kilometers an hour)

But the penetration thing is just a real problem.

A 40 mm pre war gun with confentional antitank rounds shouldn't be able to kill tanks like the panzer 4 from the front or sides. A shot to the rear would be possible. But ingame I shouldn't be resulting in a kill.

The 37mm of the stuart is the same story. It ain't such a high velocity it should be able to kills those big tanks. It is roughly the same as the German pak36 anti tank gun and that could only be used to make dents in the armour of American, Russian and late british tanks.

according to this article (http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkampfwagen-iv.htm) a panzer 4 F2 with the kwk40 L/48 with the normal 39 PanzerGranate ammo would be able to penetrate the front armour of a sherman from about 500 meters and all the other sides of the sherman could be blasted from 2000 meters or more. The PanzerGranate40 (special) ammo would be even able to kill a sherman tank easily from 1000 meters in the front. The front armour of a normal shermantank would be roughly about 90mm, the later shermans were uparmored but not in a dramatic high way that a panzer 4 couldn't penetrate the armour in 1 time.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-09-2009, 17:09:57 »
Sherman had 76mm on mantlet, and 51mm on hull....

Also, the british 2lber and american 37mm could easily penetrate the side armour of a Panzer 4 or 3, which was just 30mm, with the british 2lber capable of of penetrating 37mm at 500 yards, and the american 37mm capable of penetrating 36mm at 500 yards.

Next, yes, in the game the Pz4F2's gun has always been quirky with the shermans, though normally it is always a one shot kill.  Never been sure why.  However, as a note, the Pz4F2 uses the KwK L/43, not the L48.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-09-2009, 20:09:56 »
What I've experienced with F2 is that at longer ranges you need two shots to kill a Sherman but when you get closer its always one shot. And this is in 2.2.