Author Topic: Day Z (Survival Zombie Simulator)  (Read 16596 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: Day Z (Survival Zombie Simulator)
« Reply #195 on: 28-12-2012, 19:12:47 »
Is there any way I can fix this lag. Because it lags on every DayZ server I tried. ArmAII works perfectly on medium, even if there are many trees, it does not lag.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 21-02-2013, 19:02:31 »
DayZ is a resource hog because of the zombies, there's no other way to fix it but tuning the graphics down.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 22-02-2013, 16:02:12 »
Well, I fixed it a long time ago. It really were the graphics. The new version is better because the zombies are deadlier. I am not sure I like those 20ish crash sites on the server. It makes them "not special" When you have the chopper you stumble over them every second.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 22-02-2013, 23:02:19 »
 Just came across this by accident. Watched a video and i am impressed.

On August 7, 2012, Dean Hall announced at the game's development blog[14] that the mod was going to be made into its own game, with Bohemia Interactive as the developer,[15][16] and himself as the project leader.[17][18][19] On October 29, 2012, development of the mod officially transferred to a largely community driven effort with the release of version 1.7.3.[20] The standalone version was planned to be released by Christmas 2012,[21] but the deadline was not reached. On January 7, 2013, Hall said that the standalone game "isn’t here because we had the chance to go from making a game that was just the mod improved slightly, packaged simply, and sold – to actually redeveloping the engine and making the game the way we all dreamed it could be."[22] Hall has further speculated that the game will be released mid April 2013 or earlier though no specific date has been confirmed

Not going to waste time on a buggy mod, however i will purchase the stand-alone version when its released.

8)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 23-02-2013, 08:02:23 »
The mod may be buggy but the fun is worth the bugs. The standalone looks pretty good right now. I hope they can fix the sluggish weapon handling.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 22-05-2013, 07:05:47 »
Time to start replaying this shit. Reinstalled ARMA II + Arrowhead. Might get back to playing with Achtung and Flip if A Bunch of Daisies is still semi-active

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 22-05-2013, 08:05:21 »
It's been a long time since I played it the last time. We had a SUV back then. It pretty much sucks when the server closes and you lose all your vehicles and tent items. I think that is why we stopped playing actually. Maybe I shoul give it another shot too. Any news on the standalone?

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 22-05-2013, 09:05:26 »
Did they make any improvements on the hacking problem? That sort of drove me away after spending days building up my character leading up to getting killed by a guy with a hatchet who is impervious to 128 rounds of 7.62.
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 22-05-2013, 14:05:25 »
I'm still up for playing it. I still have my full equip profile, being alive for 10 months now or so (with 2-3 months of actually playing), but I'm somewhat interested to start from scratch again.

Biggest problem is that retards host the servers and add a shitload of vehicles. Every server says like "DayZ 300+++++ vehicles" To me, this fucks up quite a bunch of things. I remember stealing some guys pick-up with a mate. He missed the shot on one of them and we crawled around them to the truck, got in and drove away under heavy fire. THis was awesome, but only because vehicles were so rare.

All the magic about this game is gone with so many vehicles in my opinion. Nothing you can really look forward to anymore. I really had a tough time to find a server with normal amount of vehicles. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken the [F|H] server is going to be relaunched very soon and there actually were people playing on it.

Don't know about hacking, but I think many servers are password protected now. Maybe the hacker community lost interest in the game though.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 27-05-2013, 01:05:04 »
What the actual fuck? Someone drove past me in a fucking TANK? O_O
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 27-05-2013, 08:05:10 »
Either a hacker or you were on a Rmod-server. Another thing are some admins creating "events" like a big fight in Cherno with tanks and choppers.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 28-05-2013, 02:05:37 »
I've been playing it a lot, Hells hideout has been my server of choice lately. All I use are the machete and the G-17 I found. I don't even use the AKM and ten mags I've got :d

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 06-06-2013, 20:06:12 »
Changed to a different server to start anew with little brother and friend. I didn't die at all, they died 4-5 times. We started our journey, got cars and weapons, raided hospitals.

Then we met the coolest Russian dude ever. All 4 of us raided the NWAF, I ended up healing the guy a couple times. Eventually it was just the Russian and I, we were travelling and stumbled onto the admin camp. Ended up getting some nice loot. Going to re-raid it later and steal the Huey. Logged off at 3am. He was a pretty chill guy.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 13-06-2013, 23:06:45 »
Me and a friend gave this mod another try and stumbled upon DayZ Origins. Spawned at night near a motorway, stumbled across a zombie infected city and neraly got us killed. We crossed another survivor running to the opposite direction.
I forgot how intense this game can be ;D
McKnight look like a cheap wannabe-rocker though. Really ugly...

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 15-06-2013, 00:06:49 »
I also just tried origins! Real cool! I never play at night, but I have to because origins is a 4 hr cycle. I literally see nothing at ALL! Any tips? I turned gamma and brightness all the way up. -_-

Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...