Author Topic: Battlefield "1"  (Read 14432 times)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Battlefield "1"
« on: 06-05-2016, 23:05:44 »
So rumors were true. WW1 Battlefield game.

https://youtu.be/c7nRTF2SowQ

Anyone got any opinions?

I think the name is retarded. No logic. They need to be inventive in the weapons department.
Hypelevel 3/10 - they know how to make trailers
Hopelevel 2/10 -been burned so many times by AAA

« Last Edit: 07-05-2016, 18:05:38 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield "1"
« Reply #1 on: 06-05-2016, 23:05:54 »
Looks like a realistic take on the First World War.

Just kidding.  I think I'll keep away.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-05-2016, 00:05:22 »
Boy those WWI planes sure were loaded with highly combustive jet fuel...

I don't have high hopes yet. But hey, at least it's not modern or future warfare again...  ::)

As for the name... Yup, its retarded. They could have at least called it Battlefield 1918. But I guess then they would have needed to compensate the modders of the original one for using it :P.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-05-2016, 00:05:20 »
Changing the theme music from the epicness that was in 1942 to fart sounds in BF3 and now to 7 nation army. The whole thing reminds me more of WW2 setting rather than WW1.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-05-2016, 01:05:30 »
I was sure that when CAWADOODY: INFINIIT WÄRFÄREE was announced, next BF would Battlefield IN SPAAAACE, so this is in some way a pleasant surprise. Also, lots of lovely little details...

...and then it's another modern shooter designed to be "epic" rather than realistic, complete with launch day DLC, "season passes", unlockables, no mod support, playercount capped at 48 because consoles (which would finally have enough memory to run more!), heavy-breathing-gains-health mechanic, 9mm and 75mm rounds doing about the same damage and requiring multiple shots to kill an unarmoured human, even more ludicrous flight physics than BF2, and maybe, just maybe if we are lucky, no pay-to-win mechanic.

Still, it's at least an original idea and not directly copying the competitors, which are pretty rare nowadays, and there's never enough WW1 games around, so I remain cautiously positive. Dare I hope for an optional "hardcore mode" server setting?

Regarding "Seven Nation Army", at least the name fits thematically to the Allies, but I think the real reason for its inclusion is that the exact same remix was used in the trailer of GI Joe: Retaliation. Though, I would have preferred something like a somber piano deconstruction (The Dark Knight Rises trailer 3, The Force Awakens theatrical trailer style) of the Battlefield theme (the Blackadder theme obviously being unavailable), while the narrator reads In Flanders Fields in the background.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-05-2016, 02:05:43 »
The trailer was epic. Excellent mix of music and scenery.
I skipped BF4, but this looks like a winner. Bi-plane Dogfights, horses and bolt action rifle combined with whistles and F7 (Once more unto the breach). And Zeppelins .....

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-05-2016, 05:05:24 »
I think it is a bad thing when a historian watches the trailer and has to ask "Soooo, is it supposed to be steampunk WW1 or something?"

I'll pass until the day a Forgotten Hope 1918 comes out for it.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-05-2016, 06:05:49 »
It's EA, never again.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-05-2016, 07:05:26 »
Ah, a new Battlefield game. :D You can tell it's just around the corner from the unmistakable pessimism concentrated in the off topic section.

I really hope nobody actually expected some kind of 'realistic' or 'historically accurate' WW1 game out of EA.

Still, it's at least an original idea and not directly copying the competitors.

This is what I'm excited for. It takes some balls to jump to WW1 and challenge yourself to make a AAA game title out of it. All I can hope is that they stick to the core of what made battlefield fun and let you and your friends get in big ass machines and blow shit up.

If I can pilot a bomber or a Zeppelin with a full crew of people. Or slug a tank across some trenches while a bunch of other people man all the gun ports. Or hell even jump in a battleship and have all my squad mates man a set of guns. I'm sold.

The only thing I would question is the infantry gameplay. The bread and butter of battlefield games is good gun play with auto or semi auto weapons. From what I hear tho they might just keep bolt action weapons to the scout class and use machine guns, and stretch for prototype SMGs to fill out the other classes.

I'm interested to see some gameplay :)
« Last Edit: 07-05-2016, 07:05:50 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-05-2016, 08:05:24 »
Ah, a new Battlefield game. :D You can tell it's just around the corner from the unmistakable pessimism concentrated in the off topic section.

Still, it's at least an original idea and not directly copying the competitors.

This is what I'm excited for. It takes some balls to jump to WW1 and challenge yourself to make a AAA game title out of it. All I can hope is that they stick to the core of what made battlefield fun and let you and your friends get in big ass machines and blow shit up.

*cough* Verdun *cough*. But they at least added tanks, planes and Zeppelins, and horsies (let's not forget how fun those were in FHSW with crappy animations, hopefully now they will do them justice).

If I can pilot a bomber or a Zeppelin with a full crew of people. Or slug a tank across some trenches while a bunch of other people man all the gun ports. Or hell even jump in a battleship and have all my squad mates man a set of guns. I'm sold.
I wouldn't bet on the Zeppelin, it'll probably work similar to a gunship or whatever. Battleship is probably the cinematic part of the game, I doubt they'll make them controllable ever again.

The only thing I would question is the infantry gameplay. The bread and butter of battlefield games is good gun play with auto or semi auto weapons. From what I hear tho they might just keep bolt action weapons to the scout class and use machine guns, and stretch for prototype SMGs to fill out the other classes.

I'm interested to see some gameplay :)
Well bolt-actions are not really that liked by the console generation of today, so I'm sure they'll keep them to a minimum by beefing up the historical developments.

Anyway, could be fun, but we will see if the price is right. Glad to see they are revisiting older periods again. Maybe we could finally get a Battlefield Korea some day? :D
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-05-2016, 09:05:48 »
 Destined for consoles around the world.....

;D

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-05-2016, 10:05:44 »
I like that they do it because of 100 years of WW1 and I like the name Battlefield1-WW1. But gameplay looks so shit like some modern warfare... Trailer and game all in all is....some COD gameplay and totaly unrealistic gameplay with NONE of teamwork and goal of game just to kill and look at their score...  ::)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-05-2016, 14:05:32 »
Looks awesome

But that electro dubstep remix of “Seven Nation Army” makes me think of a racing game like dirt rally and not battlefield ww1 

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-05-2016, 14:05:53 »
https://youtu.be/l20il6AHlWo

A what did you miss video.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-05-2016, 15:05:36 »
So we have Germans who are monsters with big coaths and bats? What a stupidity this will be within history facts... But,I hope horses will be avaible! That would be so cool!!

Edit:Hey! Since when did they remove bf song?? >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 07-05-2016, 15:05:38 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear