Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 64707 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #15 on: 31-03-2013, 10:03:30 »
Maybe this could have worked in NML, but you know... :(

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-03-2013, 12:03:47 »
Well, assigning it to the RMB was my favourite choice, but I am not shure if it can be implemented because of engine restrictions. I will have a look into it, but I can't really promise any results because I have very little experience with this type of modding. You are right in what regards the role of bayonet fighting in WWII., especially the British Army made great use of them.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-03-2013, 14:03:38 »
I have just replaced the bayonet stab sound with the British parachute fall sound, and well, the results are already amazing  :D . However, assigning it to RMB would be favorable. Also, the soldier could shout "En Garde!" after attaching the bayonet to his rifle. All that would need to be done is to attach this utterance to the bayonet attaching sound.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31-03-2013, 15:03:32 »
I have just replaced the bayonet stab sound with the British parachute fall sound, and well, the results are already amazing  :D . However, assigning it to RMB would be favorable. Also, the soldier could shout "En Garde!" after attaching the bayonet to his rifle. All that would need to be done is to attach this utterance to the bayonet attaching sound.
I was thinking about it before, that shouts are great for bayonet rush but assigning them to RMB sucks when we can have weapon related commorose. What we need is to disable regular Q-rose when you have your bayonet attached and give only one command to it which will play parachute fall sounds.

Also: whole bayonet system could be redesign IMHO. I was thinking about it for some time and my idea is to code bayonets as grenades. Question is: is it possible to make "grenade projectile" kill only the person it will hit and make it being thrown on "regular bayonet distance" (if you know what I mean). When you're throwing a grenade with LMB you're doing it with "full power" immediately and that would not really be much different from current bayonet stab but when you're pressing RMB soldier takes a swing and hold grenade in his hand as long as you're holding the button. It would make it possible to run with your bayonet raised and be ready to stab everybody in front of you - banzai charge style. Of course it would need completely new animations and there shouldn't be any explosion effects (audio and visual) as whole grenade thingy would be fake. Dunno is it really possible but it would give bayonets an advantage over knifes and in this way we could give players choice between bayonets attached (first weapon slot) which would have advantage of longer stab range and faster attack when RMB is hold before the actual hit but longer deploy time on the other hand and bayonet used as a knife (on second weapon slot which is usually empty in most kits) to be used in "accidental" close range melee fights when there is no time to "deploy" your bayonet.

8)
« Last Edit: 31-03-2013, 15:03:52 by jan_kurator »

Offline DocHawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-04-2013, 02:04:58 »
The entire Q menu should be redesigned actually. Imagine if you could "paint" buildings or locations with something like the attack/defense/move icons indicating the positions of enemies. It's one thing to have their position announced on the minimap, but what if squadies like riflemen could "say" to shoot/look at a general area by putting an icon on it?

Anyone could put these markers down, but they'd only be visible to other squad members just like the move/attack icons. So it's not like recon guys putting spots on the minimap, it's an actual way to direct the fire of squaddies so we can actually do things like suppressing fire and such.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-04-2013, 11:04:17 »
I was thinking about it before, that shouts are great for bayonet rush but assigning them to RMB sucks when we can have weapon related commorose. What we need is to disable regular Q-rose when you have your bayonet attached and give only one command to it which will play parachute fall sounds.

Also: whole bayonet system could be redesign IMHO. I was thinking about it for some time and my idea is to code bayonets as grenades. Question is: is it possible to make "grenade projectile" kill only the person it will hit and make it being thrown on "regular bayonet distance" (if you know what I mean). When you're throwing a grenade with LMB you're doing it with "full power" immediately and that would not really be much different from current bayonet stab but when you're pressing RMB soldier takes a swing and hold grenade in his hand as long as you're holding the button. It would make it possible to run with your bayonet raised and be ready to stab everybody in front of you - banzai charge style. Of course it would need completely new animations and there shouldn't be any explosion effects (audio and visual) as whole grenade thingy would be fake. Dunno is it really possible but it would give bayonets an advantage over knifes and in this way we could give players choice between bayonets attached (first weapon slot) which would have advantage of longer stab range and faster attack when RMB is hold before the actual hit but longer deploy time on the other hand and bayonet used as a knife (on second weapon slot which is usually empty in most kits) to be used in "accidental" close range melee fights when there is no time to "deploy" your bayonet.

8)

That idea is pure gold, mate! It provides work-arounds for all engine limitations that we face when it comes to bayonet fighting. I shall contact one of our coders and ask him if we can realise this.  :D

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05-04-2013, 22:04:17 »
I´d like to see some difference in the gun flash of tank-guns and anti-tank-guns. Some nice light effects would be cool. Also there was a difference between the low-flash gun powder most German tanks used and the normal one Shermans for example used etc. used. The low-flash gun powder used by the Germans made it harder to spot the tank when it was shooting. It would be cool if this could be implemented.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-04-2013, 00:04:34 »
Relatively small suggestion: I think it would be worth the time to have mappers go back and place tanker kits next to tank spawnpoints in-game, or at least in a tent or somewhere close like the pilot kits. (tbh there doesn't even need to be enough for each tank, but ideally there would be)
Just a few tanker kits for the people who enjoy FH for its immersion. They're not as important as the pilot kit (because of the parachute) but I think they would be liked and used by a lot of people like me :P

Aside from just the immersive factor, there are plenty of times I spawn at main not expecting any tanks to be left behind; so I spawn riflemen and see a tank still sitting there waiting for me to take :D I end up taking the beast out and fighting for a while, ending up damaged and needing a repair. Unfortunately I have the riflemen kit and now have to drive around the battlefield shouting to my team looking for repairs. Inevitably someone is kind enough to stop and repair me but this suggestion is mainly for convenience and immersion.
afaik it's easy enough to implement, tanker kits are already made, (for the british and germans at least) and new ones wouldn't require any new models, just putting the correct weapons in a kit for each team. The only real problem would be however time consuming it is for someone to place each pickup kit on a map next to the tank spawns. (Unless there's something I'm missing :P)
It'd serve the same purpose as the pilot and ammo kits next to each stationary weapon, fun for the people who enjoy it.

Would anyone else use these tanker kits if they were put in?   

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07-04-2013, 08:04:24 »
Yeah, I'd pick up one.

Also, what we need is tanker helmets/berets so when appearing out of the cupola it'll look like the dude is actually a tank commander.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-04-2013, 09:04:36 »
The only real problem would be however time consuming it is for someone to place each pickup kit on a map next to the tank spawns. (Unless there's something I'm missing :P)

You are missing something, and that's the maximum number of networkables that a map can have in BF 2 engine... Unfortunately some maps are really already so chocked full of stuff that they are somewhat unstable (like Alam Halfa for example) and adding more pick-up kits will only make that worse...

But I'm all for it, wherever it's possible... Doesn't even have to be a kit for each tank, just put a few of them for the people who enjoy tanking immersion...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-04-2013, 16:04:35 »
Better interior for the Sdkfz7:

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14-04-2013, 12:04:53 »
Sets standard squad size to 8 people on the 128 player base. And dont forget to add more seats (up to 8) on most transport vehicles.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16-04-2013, 14:04:54 »
What about smoke effect leaving tanks barrel after making a shot? Would it be possible? I wish tank shooting effect looked like this one in Blitzkrieg mod!

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16-04-2013, 15:04:08 »
There is allready some mole coming out, but not sure if it looks like the one in Blitzkrieg ;)

Offline shahram

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-04-2013, 21:04:32 »
after almost one month that I have played I realize that this game is not balance and fair somehow. I mean Allied have better weapons than Axis. americans can choose bazooka in any moment and any respawn point that they want and hunt a panzer from 100m distance without any anxiety or british have own weapons that despite it's like panzerfaust but it has 4 ammu and in other side germans just have panzerfaust and it is just one and it is thrown just 30m.
I know germans have panzershrek kit, but it should be like bazooka or panzerfaust must be more than one like british anti tank weapons and it should be 4 for a soldier.
( sorry for bad english )