Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 64712 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #30 on: 16-04-2013, 21:04:11 »
In real life it was like that. But you're one of the first ones tat say the Germans are the less poweefull ones.  :o

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16-04-2013, 22:04:31 »
Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck in 2.4 were superior to the Bazooka, let alone the PIAT. The new tanking system nerfed the Panzerschreck (Bazooka with horrible sights imo) and reduced the power on the Panzerfaust for some reason. The problem is, you really only have one Panzerfaust and most of time, it is not a one shot kill, even from behind. Maybe I am doing something heavily wrong with it but I use it like in 2.4 and it is "meh" now. Geballte Ladung 3kg is the only reliable AT weapon in game atm.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17-04-2013, 00:04:21 »
The problem is that Panzerfausts 30 are really bugged in game now. I also always wondered why theres no spawnable Panzershreck while it was also quite common on the battlefield...

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17-04-2013, 04:04:51 »
The problem is that Panzerfausts 30 are really bugged in game now. I also always wondered why theres no spawnable Panzershreck while it was also quite common on the battlefield...
How is it bugged?  I kill tanks all the time with it.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17-04-2013, 17:04:49 »
How is it bugged?  I kill tanks all the time with it.
Usually you cant destoy Sherman from the back or side with 1 panzerfaust... That's how it is bugged....

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17-04-2013, 17:04:39 »
I can kill a Shermy with a Pz faust easily from the back or sides.
The Panzerschreck is the one thats bugged :P

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17-04-2013, 17:04:11 »

Yeah, since last patch (or myabe 2.4) panzershreck is also sometimes buggy...

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17-04-2013, 17:04:47 »
Still one of the things that makes me wonder in this forum. No one seems to distiguish between the Panzerfaust 30, 60 and 100.
With the Panzerfaust 30 its quite a mess, its armor penetration which iirc was the same as the other Panzerfausts should enable it to kill a Sherman to the front. But it cant.

The Panzerfaust 100 and 60 on the other hand kill shermans to the front with ease.

I know the Panzerfaust 30 has problems killing Shermans to the side quite often. Though I dont know if its just because
1.) of the added tracks I might hit on normandy Shermans or the reinforced armor plates where the ammo is stored.
2.) The M4A1 shermans (with its rounded casted hull) are buggy sometimes, its seems to me like that for quite a while now. Hitboxes might be odd becouse of the rounded shape.
3.) or because the Panzerfaust 30 just deals not enough damage.

I have to say since the Panzerfaust 60 has been added it NEVER had any problems. If you dont oneshot Shermans with it. I d say check the usual things: Angel you shot the tank. If shoting from behind did you hit the turret? -> Not one shot.
Or  was it maybe a Jumbo and you didnt hit the tracks?
From further distances when you hit the top of the turret or the enigine deck of a Sherman they sometimes arent knocked out, no major flaws.

An other thing with all Fausts are the enigen decks of M10, M36 and Achilles. It appears to me that when hit on this spot they often dont explode.

Panzerschreck.......... well . a BIG mess, really big mess since 2.45.
I still think it should be able to one shot a Sherman to the front, but it couldnt in 2.4
But know with 2.45 killing a Sherman from behind with it is not possible. 

Yeah, since last patch (or myabe 2.4) panzershreck is also sometimes buggy...
its that bad since 2.45 and I wouldnt call this a bug some stats must have been changed for those results.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17-04-2013, 18:04:57 »
Yeah, I was also wondering if there was in reality any difference between panzerfaust 60, 100 and 30 if we are talking about penetration efficiency...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17-04-2013, 18:04:08 »
Can we have a pilot cap for the German pilots?

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17-04-2013, 18:04:49 »

First of all we need a wrench in the pilot kits, otherwise they are simply useless...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17-04-2013, 18:04:38 »

First of all we need a wrench in the pilot kits, otherwise they are simply useless...

Yes, yes please.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17-04-2013, 18:04:39 »
Still one of the things that makes me wonder in this forum. No one seems to distiguish between the Panzerfaust 30, 60 and 100.
Lool i know those variants very well.. ;)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17-04-2013, 19:04:42 »
Well, handheld AT has always been dumbed down: Normandy Bazookas shouldn´t even damage Panzer IVs and StuGs frontally and from the sides if they have skirts. The only thing a Bazooka could penetrate there was the Panzer IVs turret front and of course the back armor.

Panzerfaust on the other side don´t deliver a kill frontally to a Sherman - althought they could - and if you hit the turret or added tracks, which is esentially not a buff like the Bazooka has, but a nerf.

Panzerschreck isn´t a worthwhile solution any longer since 2.45. The Panzerfaust is better and you have a rifle. The Panzerschreck is big and blocks your view. Usually the Sherman will kill you instantly after you fired the first rocket - despite being hit.

My solution: Take away the ability from the Bazooka to damage Stugs/ Panzer IVs frontally - except for the turret of the Panzer IV. On contrast give them a bigger punch towards the Panthers side. Panzerschreck should come back to its former power which is esentially as the Panzerfaust performs atm.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17-04-2013, 20:04:19 »
I must just have good luck sometimes, because I know i've killed shermans from the front with the faust 30.