Author Topic: Black screen + CTD on launch  (Read 422 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Black screen + CTD on launch
« on: 26-01-2015, 18:01:25 »
My FH2 crashes to desktop the second after I hit play. I get a black screen for a moment, and then CTD, like the game is trying to launch and failing. I have tried reinstalling, repairing, reinstalling BF2, etc. nothing has worked. Cleaned registy and nothing. Tried running in windowed mode but I get the same thing happening, and no error message. I also tried the ol' trick of editing my profile configuration file in notepad to remove a few lines but that didn't help either.

I'll look through other threads for more solutions but please help if you know how to fix this. I updated my nvidia driver this morning and then this started happening, so that's probably the issue, but I'm a moron and I have no idea what to do about that, or what settings to change in the nvidia control panel. A windows update this morning might also be to blame...
« Last Edit: 26-01-2015, 18:01:13 by CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline |30+|Air

• View Profile
Re: Black screen + CTD on launch
« Reply #1 on: 26-01-2015, 20:01:53 »
I have the same problem.  I can start the game in window mode.  I have change the res, without any luck.  I just updated the Nvidia drivers a couple of days ago and I bet that is the issue.  I might roll them back to see it that solves the issue.

Offline |30+|Air

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-01-2015, 21:01:50 »
Remove 347.25 and roll back to 347.09.  Worked for me.  Now loads fine....does seem to take a second or two longer with a black screen then it did before.  Hope it works for you.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-01-2015, 08:01:30 »
Right on, I've just tried and done a system restore and that's worked as a fix for me by itself, so I can live with that. Thanks for your help.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.