Author Topic: A few questions, mostly bot related  (Read 847 times)

Offline rocknroll237

• View Profile
A few questions, mostly bot related
« on: 22-06-2017, 17:06:40 »
Hi guys,

Firstly just wanted to say that I love the mod! It looks and feels amazing.

I haven’t created an online account yet I play singleplayer at the moment. Is there a guide for playing online and finding servers? Doing it in-game doesn’t seem to load properly, it just hangs.

I have a few questions regarding bots and gameplay.

1.   Can you use commands or config files to change the reinforcement count and/or bot balance for certain maps? I’ve realised that it’s incredibly difficult to win a battle on some maps and I would love to at least stand a chance! How do I easily change the bot ratios?

2.   Do bots use mortars and carry out artillery strikes at all? Are my commands to bots in-game doing anything? I know the attack and defend commands do stuff but not too sure if my artillery is working.

3.   Are there any snipers with scopes or do they only have iron sights?

4.   Is there a way to activate a one-shot-one-kill mode for maximum realism?

5.   Is there a map or resource online that shows where the radio locations are for commanders?

Cheers!

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions, mostly bot related
« Reply #1 on: 22-06-2017, 21:06:57 »
Hey, welcome. Thanks for the kind words!

For creating an ingame account: use FH2 Launcher, hit options and select none / manage accounts and hit OK. When you press play, it will bring you to a bf2 styled menu, just select manage accounts, and then create account under multiplayer tab.

1) If you play on singleplayer instead of coop, the bots will balance out.
2) I have seen bots use artillery, but can't really answer specifically how accurate they are.
3) Yes, scoped weapons are lying around as pickup kits, use "g" to pick them up.
4) Not at the moment
5) Ingame, you can see where the radio table is on your map IIRC.

Best regards,
Roughbeak

Offline rocknroll237

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-06-2017, 13:06:26 »
Thanks for all the answers, just made an online account and will have a look at the other things.

Regarding question 1), I was mainly trying to find out if I could change the number of reinforcements (or tickets, whatever you call it) so that, for example, on Omaha beach, the Americans would have 1000 reinforcements and the Germans only 500. Makes it a lot fairer in my opinion. I'd rather try that as it makes winning as the US more likely. Is this doable?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-06-2017, 13:06:40 »
No don't do that because that is not how the map works. The tickets the Germans have are irrelevant, since it is not the goal of the American team to kill Germans, but to capture all flags. Once all flags are captured, the German tickets will drain within about 2 minutes.

Offline rocknroll237

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-06-2017, 14:06:58 »
Okay fair enough, although for other maps I've noticed that the friendly bots find it very hard to capture the last couple of flags (they can be a bit dumb!), so I'd rather play a game where we can diminish the enemy's' numbers instead.

I know it's not strictly designed that way for all maps, but it would be fun!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-06-2017, 21:06:19 »
About question 4: in most infantryfights one shot kills already. Riflefire only wounds when the limbs are hit,m all other hits are kills. And since most weapons are rifles...  ;D

In tank- and planefighting, one-shot-one-kill is not maximum realism ;)

Offline rocknroll237

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-06-2017, 23:06:07 »
Thanks for all your input guys.

I'll probably experiment with changing tickets on a 'per-map' basis using some of the techniques I've found on BF2 forums. I know FH2 is about flag capturing and territory but I'd like to give myself more of a chance (especially as some of the bots can be a bit daft, which is expected of course!).  ;D

One quick question, does anyone know of any tools that can change tickets quickly and easily without editing the config files? I read up online about the 'AIX Battle Launcher' but couldn't find a download.

Cheers!

EDIT: Also, how do I initiate CO OP mode? Do I just create a local server?
« Last Edit: 26-06-2017, 23:06:43 by rocknroll237 »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-06-2017, 21:06:16 »
EDIT: Also, how do I initiate CO OP mode? Do I just create a local server?
Yes, and then choose coop mode in gamemode (bottom left, above the maplist).