Author Topic: FH2 Jet sound problem  (Read 672 times)

Offline Santicapo801

• View Profile
FH2 Jet sound problem
« on: 10-04-2010, 01:04:50 »
Hey there! Lets begin at the beggining... i was playing Pointe Du Hoc when suddenly my FH2 crashed to desktop, then when i start it again it says "Could not copy Battlefield/mods/fh2 to Battlefield/mods/bf2. Cant copy a file that already exists" (or something like that)... i press OK and FH2 starts normally... played a while... disconnected... went watch TV, when i come back and start FH2, i connect to a server, on Op. Lüttich map, and i hear a BF2 Jet plane sound (?!), i restart FH2, nothing changed, still same jet sound, then i restart Fh2 again and i wait the server to change map, tried on Villers-Bocage, still same problem, tried getting away from the sound range and comming back, nothing happened.

Any solutions?  ???  >:(

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Jet sound problem
« Reply #1 on: 10-04-2010, 02:04:11 »
the fact that some people hear a jet on Luttich and Villers is well known... sadly it happens so random and so rarely, and is impossible to reproduce, we simply havent looked for the bug. Im quite sure it is because the Stuka fuzz hanomag with rockets is on both maps, but that's just a guess  :-\

I will look at this, but since I cant reproduce it, it's a bit hard to know why it happens..... hope it doesn't happen next time you play.

Offline Santicapo801

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-04-2010, 12:04:38 »
ok thanks, ill try now

Offline Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-04-2010, 13:04:09 »
Im quite sure it is because the Stuka fuzz hanomag with rockets is on both maps, but that's just a guess  :-\

It happens on Totalize and Goodwood too which have a stationary Nebelwerfer. The bug might be caused by some file that both weapons share.

Offline Santicapo801

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-04-2010, 13:04:03 »
when i joined server the jet sound still was there, but was no longer static, it was like a pass by.... then dissapeared, didnt come back

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-04-2010, 04:04:07 »
when i joined server the jet sound still was there, but was no longer static, it was like a pass by.... then dissapeared, didnt come back

That's what it's supposed to be: as the German Rocket Artillery flies over, it sounds similar to a jet engine, but when it's far enough away, the sound goes away.  The problem is when the sound randomly "imprints" itself on some part of the terrain, and no one seems to know why it does that or how to fix it since it so damn random...