Author Topic: FH2.4 First Immpressions  (Read 24430 times)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Re: FH2.4 First Immpressions
« Reply #60 on: 16-07-2011, 05:07:35 »
I hate when some assholes are talking on behalf of others especially when they should shut their mouth for being wrong or those "I will not agree with everything, must find something to complain even if I know shit about modding" guys...  :-\ Decreasing player's speed is one of the best things in new release - it looks and feels more real, and it is MUCH FUNNIER! Patch is PERFECT. Great work devs! I played it about 9hours straight. Nothing more is needed to say.   ;D

EDIT:
I really like the Patch..yet..I don't know, something is still missing, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe after I play some more it will hit me in the face.
Balance, or rifles being too accurate.

I played it for long, at the beginning I felt the same, but after 2hours it hit me in the face, very hard - and that was awesome! :D
Also stop whinning about balance, I saw enough on few servers to admit that maps are very well balanced! ;)
Yeah, we just need to wait till the people learn how to survive agaisnt the buffed german tanks and we whould be alright. But for the rifle accuracy, it's there since 2.3 (when I started playing) the new update is just awesome nothing to whine about.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline therenas

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16-07-2011, 07:07:50 »
Actually the German tanks are not buffed... at least not more than the Allied tanks... they just ARE better, like they were in WW2... still I don't know if I'm right, but I have the feeling, that Allies got more tank support (at least on the new maps)... tanks already respawn even if the previous one isn't dead yet.
Another small but great improvement is, that vehicles aren't so badly damaged when going fast through rough terrain... now you can actually go offroad at decent speed without wrecking your tank.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:49 »
So what can I say?... Only spent about 2 hours playing (almost all on Wolf, and i cant find my stats fyi, dunno what wrong :-[) and I ran through all 4 maps on the server and...

Words can't begin to describe the epicness of this release. Devs, youve really really really outdone yourselves with this one. Honestly. The greatest FH2 patch to date imo.

I dont wanna sound like a kiss ass, but seriously i cant find anything wrong with this release. people might say that this is nerfed or that is unbalanced, but from what I just came from, i seriously cant think of anything that puts this release on a less than amazing scale.

before I begin I would like to personally thank the sound team on this one. seriously the sounds blow me out of the water, theres no other way to describe it.

Inf combat: great stuff here,
-the slowed down running speed gives the maps a greater scale, I feel more like im on a battlefield not in a closed off map.
-the jump stamina fix is a great addition, like natty said, jumping over things in this mod can be a pain when it takes away all of your stamina
-no crosshair... LOVE it, perfect to slow down and make firefights longer lasting

Tanks: they feel so much bigger, more mechanical, I love it... and which a bit of tweaking like Flippy said, they are perfectly fun to drive
-the HE bug fix, oh my GOd i cant even describe this... this adds SO much more immersion to the mod, seeing explosions going off everywhere! mortar tank rounds amazing

Sounds: seriously words can describe them... the new thompson sound, perfect
-the new louder distant sounds.... ups the immersion tenfold
everything, is amazing

Shaders: unfortunately I still have some stupid bug that wont shoiw the shaders when i bleed... but the film grain color correction etc... wow, just wow... from BF2-BF3 jump in graphics quality I love it!

Also, ik that alot of ppl dont like the new shaders (heard alot of ppl in my squad talking saying how they cant see anything) and they found a way around it... a way of taking the shaders (film grain etc..) off (a download or something) so they could have a bit of an advantage, being able to see more clearly.  :-\ really? like... its jsut so much better this way... idk what some ppl have to complain about

devs, this is a grade A release, A+ from me

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #63 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:49 »
Thank you for this great patch. It's like a brand new game.
Pros:
- Tanks are awesome now, so much close to FH1.(Turret turning system is fantastic)
- Infantry speed finally balanced. You do walk faster but run slower.
- Bazooka is great, looking awesome.
- Awesome maps, Meuse looks like a Battle of the Bulge from 42.  ;D
- At least German tanks now "German"
- You don't get owned by AT guns, they were not little KTs anymore.
- Infantry action is epic now, Machine Guns seems more stabil.
- SOUNDS!!!!  :o

Cons:
- Big maps creates problems, especially when you're on foot.
- Maps does not have enough transports, even if they do they're not respawning quite fast enough.
- Hurtgen forest a little bit too dark.

« Last Edit: 16-07-2011, 08:07:24 by [F|H]Erwin »
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:52 »
No one using the new OFFICIAL AWARDS SIGNATURES?? Surprising!!

Also, I wonder why 762 wont start running official awards. Are they afraid people who have earned their gold medals will stop playing there if they do?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:00 »
With no link? What does it mean?!

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:52 »
No one using the new OFFICIAL AWARDS SIGNATURES?? Surprising!!

You aren't doing it either.  ;D
« Last Edit: 16-07-2011, 08:07:32 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:20 »
Oh but I have nothing to show.  :P

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:00 »
Au contraire, mon ami!
You already have a medal!... my 3 goes haven't been registered... :(

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 16-07-2011, 08:07:51 »
Mon Dieu! How did that happen?! I guess it was due to KT-camping in Eppel.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 16-07-2011, 09:07:00 »
Just noticed that 762 didn't start using official ranking system. Still their server name misleads and tells RANKED and PURE. And everyone plays there again  :-X

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 16-07-2011, 09:07:14 »
Ok I must say that this is awesome, the new sounds and shaders for the most. M1 Carbine is now a TRUE gun!

Tanking is finally what it should be.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 16-07-2011, 09:07:45 »
I would totally wear my awards signature if I existed.

Priestdk

« Reply #73 on: 16-07-2011, 09:07:49 »
A thing that shut be noted, about all the reports of offbalaceing stuff.
Maps are neew and people need to learn howe they work first etc. give it a small week or so.

Other then that i am so happy this whent live it is bloody mayhem, i can sit in a corner of the map and just listen to the battle going on in the background, so epic.

my biggest downside is i dont understand why all servers havent registrated yet with the neew actual working/funcktoning awards system.
Just came from a 762 server still runs with old more or less broken award system and ranks, and i have seen other servers aswell. I doo hope all server eventually switch.

And my surgestion to most people here would be play for a week regulary try out things more then just a couple of rounds etc let the patch settle also especially because most servers still only run the 5 brand neew maps.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 16-07-2011, 10:07:04 »
A strong worded letter to the 762 admins should do the trick. As where is the sense in having two Award lists.