Author Topic: FH2.4 First Immpressions  (Read 24392 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: FH2.4 First Immpressions
« Reply #45 on: 16-07-2011, 01:07:07 »
Everything! Maps are great, sounds are great, the new shader is less annoying than I thought would be, and adds to the atmosphere of the maps. The new Allied MG is epic!

Dislike
Too tired to play longer  :(
New turret traverse limitation needs to much tweaking to get it to work correctly
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16-07-2011, 01:07:21 »
New turret traverse limitation needs to much tweaking to get it to work correctly

Nope. Just set your mouse sensitivity in tank controls to almost minimum. Test and adjust until you have found a value you like the most. Takes a minute.

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16-07-2011, 02:07:05 »
As most of the pros were already said i will just leave this here. You guys once again did not disappoint me, i am really stunned by the new looks and the sounds. For i have only played two maps online so far i cant say something about dislikes or whatever. Keep the good work up guys and enjoy the fruits of your  hard dedication to this project with your fans and friends ;)

Offline Digga Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16-07-2011, 02:07:10 »
Flippy Warbear wrote

Tank turret hints:
- Lower your mouse sensitivity to very, very low. Almost minimum. Makes the turret actually responsive.  I lowered mine to "1"
- Add arrowkeys to your tank turrets controls.  I set these as secondary as I still like mouse control of turret
- Use arrowkeys to turn turrets easier and use your mouse to fine adjust aim.

Thanks Flippy these hints have just made my FH2 2.4 even more enjoyable than the previous version - cos I know that Tanks are now more realisaticly controled in game - I can now compete with the "grommits" of the FH2 tank world.
Specto Subitus

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16-07-2011, 02:07:34 »
Way tooooo much fun! Tank war is now more realistic. Camo actually works! :D I dislike the sniper scopes though. I liked them when they where further away.
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16-07-2011, 02:07:38 »
best about 2.4 are the "small" things.
when i joined and all tghe new sounds came into my ears i was just amazed. it sounds like you really imagine combat. the mg42, stg44 and 50cals in the background (fired by other players) just gave the ultimate ww2 atmosphere.

the movement looks great, especially because experienced players (on hslan) worked as a team - thus it looks realistic. you dont have that in any other ww2 game i know. i just remember the last round on huertgen where a sherman came out of the woods and behind him about 5 infantrymen.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16-07-2011, 03:07:52 »
Love it.. but here are my issues...

Bring back the tank shake screen when a shell hits the tank...

and make the sound of shells bouncing off the armor louder.. you cant hear them.. thats all for the moment..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16-07-2011, 03:07:42 »
I really like the Patch..yet..I don't know, something is still missing, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe after I play some more it will hit me in the face.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 16-07-2011, 03:07:57 »
I really like the Patch..yet..I don't know, something is still missing, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe after I play some more it will hit me in the face.
Balance, or rifles being too accurate.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16-07-2011, 03:07:27 »

we need 128p :p seriously. for all servers. playing on gazala today and feels map is empty.

the game mechanics are much more improved.
« Last Edit: 16-07-2011, 03:07:15 by General_Henry »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16-07-2011, 04:07:49 »
I don't know if its players to be honest. I feel its more that last bit of immersion which would tie everything up with a nice bow on-top of an already excellent package. Something about the way in which the characters handle the weapons just doesn't feel right, doesn't feel natural, and I still believe that suppression needs to be put on all weapons, to really bring to light that old military truism: fire superiority wins the day.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16-07-2011, 04:07:12 »
When i started the game, i wasn't able to say anything or even read chat for some 20 minutes  ;D
New tank system, and behavior of tanks is awesome. Feels like real now. And when i was in sherman when arty started shelling my place, i was so freaked out that it made me unable to do anything. This update really looks like new game to me... It's simply awesome, thanks FH 2 team
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16-07-2011, 05:07:29 »
I hate when some assholes are talking on behalf of others especially when they should shut their mouth for being wrong or those "I will not agree with everything, must find something to complain even if I know shit about modding" guys...  :-\ Decreasing player's speed is one of the best things in new release - it looks and feels more real, and it is MUCH FUNNIER! Patch is PERFECT. Great work devs! I played it about 9hours straight. Nothing more is needed to say.   ;D

EDIT:

I played it for long, at the beginning I felt the same, but after 2hours it hit me in the face, very hard - and that was awesome! :D
Also stop whinning about balance, I saw enough on few servers to admit that maps are very well balanced! ;)
« Last Edit: 16-07-2011, 05:07:58 by jan_kurator »

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16-07-2011, 05:07:50 »
Finished playing at 5AM
need to say more?
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #59 on: 16-07-2011, 05:07:06 »
I hate when some assholes are talking on behalf of others especially when they should shut their mouth for being wrong or those "I will not agree with everything, must find something to complain even if I know shit about modding" guys...  :-\ Decreasing player's speed is one of the best things in new release - it looks and feels more real, and it is MUCH FUNNIER! Patch is PERFECT. Great work devs! I played it about 9hours straight. Nothing more is needed to say.   ;D

EDIT:

I played it for long, at the beginning I felt the same, but after 2hours it hit me in the face, very hard - and that was awesome! :D
Also stop whinning about balance, I saw enough on few servers to admit that maps are very well balanced! ;)

dame people just be happy for a god dame update 2.4
« Last Edit: 16-07-2011, 05:07:01 by Ajs47951 »