Author Topic: Can't get it to work on Windows 10  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get it to work on Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: 03-01-2019, 20:01:58 »
Looks like a problem with DirectX still. I have never seen this error message before, but I forwarded it to more tech savvy people in the team.

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-01-2019, 20:01:43 »
Thank you! And sorry for all my posts, I just really miss playing this game and I hope this can be fixed somehow.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-01-2019, 20:01:19 »
Have you tried using nvidias site to download the latest drivers? Or are you using the gfx drivers that came with the laptop?

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-01-2019, 21:01:16 »
I have downloaded the latest drivers. I don't know what you mean with " Or are you using the gfx drivers that came with the laptop?"
I'm sorry, I'm not much of a computer tech guy, can I change to using only the gfx drivers?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-01-2019, 21:01:09 »
Thank you! And sorry for all my posts, I just really miss playing this game and I hope this can be fixed somehow.
No problem, just keep at it, in the end it will be solved :)

The drivers that came with the laptop, are the default ones: they get installed when you first start using your laptop. If you go to the Nvidia site (or whichever site from the manufacturer of your gfx card/components), there might be updated drivers there, and they might help solving the problem.

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03-01-2019, 21:01:54 »
Now when I try to run the game in windowed mode 1920 x 1080 (that one used to only show the intro movie and then freeze at the login menu), now I get this slightly other error message before it crashes back to the desktop:

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-01-2019, 23:01:08 »
If Nvidia Gfx card
Right click desktop -> Open NVIDIA Control Panel
Select a task
Display -> Adjust desktop and position
Perform scaling on : select GPU
(maybe also try tick No scaling and untick Overide the scaling set by games and programs)

And use the highest possible monitor Hz in FH2 as monitor can display

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04-01-2019, 14:01:32 »
If Nvidia Gfx card
Right click desktop -> Open NVIDIA Control Panel
Select a task
Display -> Adjust desktop and position
Perform scaling on : select GPU
(maybe also try tick No scaling and untick Overide the scaling set by games and programs)

And use the highest possible monitor Hz in FH2 as monitor can display

Under "Select a task" it only says "3D Settings", no Adjust desktop and position. Any ideas?

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04-01-2019, 19:01:41 »
Hmm. No idea

What fixed this issue for most people I think is setting other resolution and Hz in the video.con files.
In Documents\Forgottenhp 2\Profiles\Default
In Documents\Forgottenhp 2\Profiles\0001
In Documents\Forgottenhp 2\Profiles\0002
In Documents\Forgottenhp 2\Profiles\xxxx
ex. 1680x1050@60Hz

Maybe some kind of overlay software is running in background

Maybe install of bf2 before standaloneinstall wasnt uninstalled properly.

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04-01-2019, 22:01:29 »
I tried to change those lines but it didn't change anything about the error.

I have installed BF2 and then installed FH2 before I tried the stand alone version, it didn't work then which is why I tried to install the stand alone...

I really hope I can find a way to fix this... Maybe someone will be able to help over teamviewer?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-01-2019, 12:01:06 »
This is getting closer to complete reinstall. Delete everything FH2 related, not only via Add/remove programs, but also by manually deleting the files and folders of your profile in My Documents/Forgotten Hope 2.

Make sure nothing remains of the old installation, then start over with the standalone.

Looks like this is the only solution left, maybe someone else gas some other thought, but I'm all out of ideas.

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-01-2019, 19:01:55 »
:( Thank you, I’ll try that when I have time this week and I’ll report back if it worked or not.

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-01-2019, 20:01:59 »
This is getting closer to complete reinstall. Delete everything FH2 related, not only via Add/remove programs, but also by manually deleting the files and folders of your profile in My Documents/Forgotten Hope 2.

Make sure nothing remains of the old installation, then start over with the standalone.

Looks like this is the only solution left, maybe someone else gas some other thought, but I'm all out of ideas.

It didn't work...:( If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them, but I think this is not going to work..

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06-01-2019, 21:01:42 »
Really weird. I have it on Win10 myself without any trouble, although I have the "original" installation, with full BF2.

I have a hunch that it might be something gfx-card related, and that the setting recommended by Alubat above might be somewhere else in your graphics panel. Can't check it because I don't have an Nvidia card.

The only other way I know of is installing the full version, if you want to try that, make sure that you follow these steps:

- delete everything FH2 and BF2 related from your disks, including the files in My Documents
- install BF2
- install patch 1.41 and then patch 1.5
- install FH2 via the FH2 Launcher

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06-01-2019, 22:01:18 »
I just connected my laptop to my tv screen and now I could find those settings and change them, it actually worked, I can play the game now!:) No idea why it worked that way! Is there a way I can play the game with 3840x2160 resolution without having to play it in windowed mode?

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm so happy:)

EDIT: Okay so I started playing and the map is completely black, I can only see some names:(
« Last Edit: 06-01-2019, 23:01:06 by mverhulst13 »