Author Topic: Forgotten Hope: A Great Mod but with Slow Loading. Multiplayer Anyone?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline rakovsky

• View Profile
Forgotten Hope is a very fun mod, but its biggest difficulty for me is slow loading. Perhaps there is a way to fix it? The problem is that every time I load a map it takes about a minute and a half. In the regular version, it's very quick - perhaps 20 seconds. Does Forgotten Hope usually take so long for it to load its maps on other peoples' systems too?

I have Windows 7 and I installed the Windows 7 Compatibility Patch. I think that helped with another problem I have- the game occasionally crashes when I load even normal maps in standard mode (eg. Bocage). I wish there was a way to solve that problem too.

There are also some minor issues
, like the fact that the briefing screens don't match the missions for a lot of maps in the Forgotten Hope campaign, or that it could take a very long time to win one of those missions when playing against the AI, especially when you have the mission set to 200% of the number of bots. It's extremely hard to beat Karelia on normal mode, because it seems hard to see the gray enemies in the dark woods, but the enemies don't seem to have an equally hard time seeing you. In some video games, the woods act as a shade so that enemies have a harder time seeing you in them. Granted, perhaps there is a different reason why that mission, which is very neat looking, is so hard. But these are minor issues.

Two simpler questions for other gamers who have the mod:

1. What is the order of the missions in the Forgotten Hope campaign? For example:
First: Fall Weiss, Second: Battle of Britain, etc.

2. Is there a way to easily play this game online? I find that there are 50-100 gamers at any given moment playing the standard version online, and I have the option to easily join them by pressing INTERNET on my main game menu. That brings up a table of games that I can join.

Is there a similar way to play Forgotten Hope with other gamers, perhaps like you?

So far my favorite Forgotten Hope Map is the Stalin Line. It's very neat because it has trenches and a river, and it's picturesque. However it's only available for online multiplayer games.
« Last Edit: 09-02-2015, 23:02:25 by rakovsky »

Offline rakovsky

• View Profile
Is anyone playing Forgotten Hope online anymore?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
There is 30-40 of them weekends
« Last Edit: 10-02-2015, 20:02:02 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
Of course people keep playing this mod, don't listen to people who wish it was buried already...
You will find most people during the week-end, around 40 players, sometimes more, sometimes less, but it's enough to have fun since the map are not as big as FH2's maps. There are mainly three servers, a european server for FH0.7, and two servers for FHSW(european and japanese). And you can also expect a new Forgotten Honor campaign, who knows :)

Playing the campaign is imho not that interesting since it's as if you were playing solo. However I don't understand your second question, if you can join multiplayer servers, why haven't you tried yet ? :s