Author Topic: AI tweak/fix minimod v1.2  (Read 3548 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: AI tweak/fix minimod v1.2
« Reply #15 on: 09-05-2010, 12:05:08 »
I tried Supercharge...it plays a lot better, but when the Brits push the Germans back to the town, they camp at both gates in tanks. They bail after a bit, but then jump straight back into another tank. The occasional bot does go into the town, but are quickly killed...

Aberdeen is fine, but I didn't notice any bots using the 6pdr at the middle flag (the one facing Strongpoint A).

Hyacinth will still CTD after a while.

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:07 »
I tried Supercharge...it plays a lot better, but when the Brits push the Germans back to the town, they camp at both gates in tanks. They bail after a bit, but then jump straight back into another tank. The occasional bot does go into the town, but are quickly killed.

Unfortunately the AI doesn't seem to "understand" that CPs inaccessible for tanks need to be attacked with infantry, so with CPs a long way apart (so bots on foot usually get killed en route) you just get tanks camping the entrance and not being able to do anything. Gazala 64 (with the pre-2.25 SP mod files) has the same problem with a couple of the British CPs.
Not sure if there's any way to get the AI to understand what to do in this situation. But I'm working on re-enabling AI use of transport passenger seats (now that they know how to get out - usually!) so this should help a bit.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10-05-2010, 09:05:39 »
Hey guys,
I have installed version 1.2 and I am still getting the PAk40 CTD.
This is what I did
a) unzipped the Aitweak1.2 folder --> AI folder, Phyton folder, AiTweakVehicles.zip, AiTweakWeapons.zip and serverarchives.con

b) copied AI, Phyton and serverarchives.con into my Fh2 folder (replaced everything)

c) Extracted both tweakvehicles.zip and tweakweapons.zip

d) opened the vehicles_server.zip with WinRar and pasted the vehicles folder from the Tweak.zip

e) opened the weapons_server.zip with WinRar and pasted the weapons folder from the Tweak.zip

What am I missing? Why am I still getting the Pak40 CTD? Is there something obvious that I need to look for ingame to see that the patch is working. Tanks on totalize are really aggressive...not the "advance, stop, fire, stop" style they used to do on alamein

Appreciate any help.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10-05-2010, 10:05:20 »
...What am I missing?...
The only thing I can think of is...do you still have the AiTweakVehicles.zip and AiTweakWeapons.zip from a previous version in your fh2 folder?

Even though you put the updated files into main ...server.zip files, the updated serverarchives.con is still trying to mount them and if there's an older version of them in the fh2 folder, they'll override the ones in the main zip.

Also, you don't actually need to use the updated serverarchives.con if you add them to the main zip file.

If you see bots bailing out of vehicles, it's working...

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10-05-2010, 10:05:27 »
Thanks Cannonfodder.
Good to know that there's no need to unzip the AiTweakvehicles and the AiTweakWeapons.zip
Yep I still have the 1.1 version of the zip files in the FH2 directory. Will remove them and see what happens.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10-05-2010, 11:05:42 »
No worries mate.

I'd say Drawde keeps his fixes/mods in separate archives so the main ones stays untouched. Now that you've modified the stock FH archives, unless you have a backup of them, you'll have to reinstall when 2.26 comes out...

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-05-2010, 12:05:08 »
I have two copies of FH2 installed  ;D.....although I'm running fast out of disk space.  :'(  Need an upgrade soon!!

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10-05-2010, 21:05:45 »
Definitely sounds like the problem is due to the archives from a previous version being in the FH2 folder. If you've installed the minimod by extracting the files + putting them into the FH2 archives, you don't need the mod archives or serverarchives.con.

I set up my minimod with seperate archives to make it easier to revert to unmodded FH2 for playing online - it's also easier (probably) to install for those who don't have much experience with altering archive files.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-05-2010, 08:05:09 »
Yep! The problem is now fixed! [My fault for not reading your readme.txt file]   :P Awesome work Drawde. I played Totalize for almost an hour and it felt better than playing on some public servers! Good job!!!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11-05-2010, 13:05:53 »
A few noted issues:
Bots that deal with tanks i.e. those with ex charges and rockets etc, will only deal with infantry AFTER they handle a tank they've spotted... Even if you are right next to them. Once they decide to attack the tank, its seek and destroy and even running straight into them wont stop them

Bofers doesn't know that it has it can't swivel when it fires so it fires facing directly up, thinking its facing the target....

Bots should 'like' mgs as much as if not more than they like the 88 and mobile mortars and mgs should be seen as assault weapons, not defensive weapons otherwise it reduces the chances of them being manned at all.
I run through PHL and only faced infantry and that darn German mortar and 88. All mgs and the nebelwerfer never got manned at all. Sure it was tough cus of the maps crappy spawn system that puts Gerry in allied captured areas, the wonderful work of the mortar and 88, but the mgs should be a big factor, as should be the nebelwerfer, which is in an excellent position to harass bots on th causeway.

Also with planes attacking tank armor.. scary, and good for killing top-mounted mgs, and even the m10 - But it means, less strafing runs on light vehicles and infantry. Like mortars and armor cars, it seems the planes have now got their priorities wrong... Tanks are higher priority than people
« Last Edit: 11-05-2010, 16:05:14 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-05-2010, 23:05:41 »
Small CTD in Operation Cobra... We were taking the final base with the 88 and Ack-ack and I run into the dual mg34 opel truck. I spawned in a m3a1 so i manned the mg thinking I was going to get swizzcheesed instantly. Surprisingly, the opel gunner didn't fire at me, even after a few missed shots, after a good blasting, when I assume he should've blown up, the game CTDs... now we were at the hard bit so so many little battles were taking place at various points, but it all seems to coincidental... perhaps worth checking out?

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-05-2010, 10:05:37 »
I'll check out the Crete mortar bug later, I suspect that this (like the Cobra crash with the M3A1/Opel) is just a random CTD and very hard to fix.

AT bots ignoring infantry sounds like an innate/hard-coded problem with the BF2 AI (can't remember if vBF2 bots were like this). IMO I'd rather have them like this than unable to use AT charges at all, though - on maps without bazookas/fausts they're important in balancing tanks vs. infantry.

Bots (e.g aircraft, mortars, armoured cars) generally seem to be fixated on attacking tanks even when they're given a very low target priority vs. lighter targets.

I suspect the Bofors issue can be fixed by reverting the .tweak and objects.ai files to the original 2.25 ones. If not, it must be a side effect of being able to fire at ground targets (but why doesn't the Flak38 and Vierling have the same problem?)

I have to say that I'm NOT really looking forward to the 2.26 patch release, as basically the quickest way to update my minimod (and make sure that it incorporates all of the official patch's changes) is to completely re-make it from square one, using the 2.26 files. This should be much, much quicker than developing the mod from scratch (probably a week or two) but will not be much fun. Hopefully the final result should be worth it, as (from the changelog) there are a lot of changes + fixes relevant to SP even if not directly AI-related.