Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306094 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #5040 on: 27-04-2014, 21:04:02 »
Price is so fucking salty compared to zib. You can get the same yugo MG from zib for only 399 € + postal.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: 28-04-2014, 03:04:40 »
Cabela's in Ft. Worth has a working one for $5000. ZIB has cheaper de-acs if you are looking for one.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: 28-04-2014, 14:04:01 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/23/avril-lavigne-hello-kitty_n_5198199.html

So this thing is called "cultutal appropriation" of racism. Damn you rosbiefs inventing many ways for us non-whites to get offended for.

Does this mean I can't see Taylor Swift in Chinese cheongsam dress?  :'(

But grandma Nicole Kidman was beautiful when she wore it in the movie Australia.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: 28-04-2014, 15:04:29 »
Wow, that's like a whole new level of retardation I wasn't even aware of.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: 28-04-2014, 18:04:29 »
I hate the 21st century. I did ten years ago, but as time progresses I learn to despise it even more. What do they come up with next?

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: 28-04-2014, 21:04:12 »
What is the hubbub about ? Who is offended, how?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: 29-04-2014, 03:04:46 »
Apparently some female Australian bloggers, a feminist organization, some random "empowered" Amerocan teenager, well, all of them generally English-speaking and not Asians.

I think, having Japanese as a prop is meaningless. It doesn't mean our culture being appropriated by a domineering civilization, or some twisted minds of theirs like that. What I see is an enthusiasts white girl trying to embrace it but just fail. I know K-pop and J-pop, and this video is exactly like that, because it is made by a Japanese in Japan, by a Japanese recordingcompany.

Perhaps these guurrrrls think too much about their weird guilty pleasure fantasy with foreign cultures, like Anna and the King, The Sheik, Tarzan and Jane, etc.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: 29-04-2014, 08:04:40 »
Reminds me a lot of the claims of racism against Katy Perry after she did a song in a Jappanese theme. I also had no clue what was racist about it, but apparently it was something like ' the idea that a white popstar could use their culture for comercial purposes would mean that she thinks their culture is inferior and at her hands '. I no longer know how they said it exaclty but the bullshit was something like that.
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: 29-04-2014, 09:04:28 »
Gwen Stefani also did not escape this thing with her LAMB album (LAMB being acronym of cutesy nicknames she gave to her Japanese back-dancers). Avril Lavigne really digs gothic sub-culture, and it is no surprise that she love Harajuku stuffs. And moreover, this things are intended for Oriental Asian audiences. It is entirely different market than US and Europe. Just see the difference between Alicia Key's Girl on Fire music video in Japanese and in American version:

Japanese:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFt43vXrSqk
American:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91ti_MpdHA

It is part of that cultural difference thing that many don't understand, including me. Heck, even Lorde, a Kiwi also have "Americanized" version of her music video "Royals," so it shows the face of the singer instead of just some random dudes/girls.
I think it is alright. I hope you don't hold it against Asian people, but towards the hyper-sensitive white, who frequently getting offended in place of the minorities.

If you go further in time, you'll find Aneka, a Scottish singer escaped unscathed with this "Japanese Boy":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCH1IlOfDTM&feature=kp

I miss those times when people can express their true feelings without fear of offending someone. At least, we value the western virtue of honesty, because you rarely get that from complicated Asian customs and traditions. But that PC nonsense seems holding you back.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: 29-04-2014, 22:04:19 »
Girls are used in the clips all the time as background stuff. Take Robert Palmer's addicted to love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE.
How is this different?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: 29-04-2014, 23:04:38 »
To a degree most of the entire culture (everywhere) is appropriated from other cultures (although appropriations may go back millennia). Wanting to see racism where it clearly does not exist tells more about these professional feel-hurts than about the world around them. Commercial popstar/director/author/etc. X appropriating culture Y probably thinks first that this thing is "in", "cool" and "hip" and thus will sell, or heaven forbid, be maybe even inspired by her/his contact with said culture (obviously only True Non-Commercial Progressive Intellectual Artists can become inspired), not that "i vill shov ze untermenschen their place, ja?" Of course, only white people can be racist, so stereotypes or misconceptions the objectively superior non-white cultures may have of whites or each other must be due to white man's racism and are thus faultless, whereas whitey's every foray outside Western European tradition is equivalent to a remake of Der Giftpilz.

That even a misunderstood, superficial view might lead to a deeper interest and eventual understanding, or that both cultures could benefit from the interaction between the two is obviously completely lost on these sad individuals.

I wonder what these rabid SJW's would say about Kirsten Dunst's cover of "Turning Japanese" directed by McG (which I find innocent, hilarious, entertaining): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uaHSB0pP7M
« Last Edit: 29-04-2014, 23:04:58 by Kelmola »

Biiviz

« Reply #5051 on: 30-04-2014, 00:04:48 »
Peace on earth
« Last Edit: 30-04-2014, 08:04:14 by Biiviz »

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: 30-04-2014, 00:04:00 »
The fuck Biiviz
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: 30-04-2014, 01:04:23 »
The what, Biiviz?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: 30-04-2014, 02:04:11 »
I met a guy. He was for nuclear power. He was shaking like he was a Chiuahua. He told me that because of my selection, my interest in energy, he would kill me if we went outside. I am pro-nuclear power. He didn't care. He just hated me. I had too many friends for him to live his life.

If I meet him again I will kill him.
sounds eggsiting