Author Topic: ESAI: FH2 Edition  (Read 34441 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
Re: ESAI: FH2 Edition
« Reply #165 on: 08-02-2011, 20:02:32 »
 Void please do continue the development of this project as it makes the game alot more fun.

Also, will you be incorporating remick's fix into future versions?

I will be doing some more testing in the next few days as i will be on the road for work and unable to play FH2 online.

I'll be sure to post results here...

;)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 09-02-2011, 08:02:00 »
Welcome back Void!   :)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 09-02-2011, 08:02:16 »
Hey Void, how's it hangin'?

I was gonna put my hand up when I saw your post at BFSP, but my next few weekends are already booked out and I haven't DL'ed the files for BFSP64 yet... :-\

If you need another tester though, send me a link to the 4.1 files and I'll reinstall BFSP64, DL the ESAI files for it, and squeeze in a few rounds during the week.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd go through all my BF2 (and mods) maps and figure out which ESAI strategy works best with each one...too bad there isn't a list somewhere that takes the guesswork out of it (nudge, nudge, ;), ;)).

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #168 on: 15-02-2011, 19:02:43 »
Just a quick report:

ESAI:FH2 Edition will be updated soon. The changes will be based on "standard" ESAI v4.1. This version is still beta. I'm currently waiting on feedback from my beta testers before releasing 4.1, as well as incorporating the new code into the FH2 version of ESAI.

In other words, I'm still around. Peace out kids.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 05-05-2011, 05:05:25 »
So for 2.5, I'm guessing the new map additions/ changes are Supercharge, Lebisey, Goodwood and Siege of Tobruk

Will give this a try and see....

Welcome back, VOID! Nice to know you're still with us  ;)

Ok, I know you'd be moving on to another map after this. From the comments in the double-cap thread, I gather you wont want to do ESAI for maps with double-cap issues just yet. Although they may be fixed in the next build, they still exist in THIS one...

So suggestion for maps that could be tackled next,
Alam Halfa.
Map requires bots capping the first line bases first, then moving in on the left flank of the rear bases. Push forces players to only cap the right-rear base only when all others are capped, however, the two next to it can be capped in any order. Currently, AI does well pushing into the first line bases, but stalls after, since they try to cap the heavily defended main Brit base to no avail, making it a solo mission there on out...

Another map that would make top priority with ESAI is Mt. Olympus.
Now the fixed version of this map can be found  @ http://www.filefront.com/user/mydjinny otherwise the map CTDs preventing you from testing it...

Germans push into the British with vigor, but they get confused as to whether to focus all resources on the distant church or on the town. And after that, assault stalls rather than moving for the final cap-pable Brit base.

May I also suggest, if it wont be too much - although I think it will be quite a bit, while adding Ai strategy, could adjustments be made to the GameplayObjects.con file to have defending bots spawn on as many static defense positions as possible? i.e. from mg positions to mortar, to AT guns. Currently, some positions get used, but it doesn't create good enough defense and many positions, especially mg positions never get used at all...

AI should be such that, bots first and foremost defend with static defenses, with the remainder looking for vehicles or moving on foot to plug the holes. Adding spawns to all static positions will aid this greatly....

Great work again, and thanks so much... Will give prompt feedback by Saturday at the latest

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #170 on: 05-05-2011, 06:05:58 »
I guess I'll start with Alam Halfa. I can't seem to find the Mount Olympus files in the link you posted. Could you clarify what I need to download to run MO?

No problem about editing the spawners, once I have a working copy of the map. I'll do that before digging into the AI.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #171 on: 05-05-2011, 07:05:44 »
Edit- that image was just too big. Anyway....

"Double Cap" strikes again. Alam Halfa will have to wait.

I will start Mount Olympus when I get the proper files. Please submit more suggestions for work to do.
« Last Edit: 05-05-2011, 21:05:13 by Void »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 05-05-2011, 09:05:33 »
Ok, I am uploading Olympus on Filefront as we speak. But i think Tunis is the next.

Now with Tunis, you might need to do with it something similar to what you did with the alternate Luttich.

Tunis in Conquest has an extra flag at the edge of the map. In COOP, that is simple a flank area, but not a flag zone. So you may need to put that flag in place and work it into the strategic areas. Tunis is an interesting concept because there are always 2 flags that can be taken at all times. So it offers interesting flank tactics, IF the defending axis force didn't feel the need to push all men to counter-attack a lost flag.

Will let you know when Olympus uploads completely...

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #173 on: 05-05-2011, 17:05:03 »
Sounds good. I'm still drinking my morning coffee - can't get started until that is finished - but do want to start something up today rather than tomorrow. Will keep my eyes peeled for the upload.

Edit- I've taken a look at Tunis. I'm not sure if I should add the extra flag because the python code is already spitting out exceptions related to the Allied spawns. The combat area is also slightly different between the cq and coop versions of the map. Surely there must have been a reason for that.

I will load Tunis in the editor and see what the navmesh looks like. If I am lucky I might be able to expand the Combat Area slightly and work that flag in. We will see.

Edit2: Will Djinn, it was a good idea to add that flag, but it isn't going to happen. That part of the map isn't navmeshed at all. Check it out:

So, I suppose I will jump in and start writing SAI code for the map as it already is.
« Last Edit: 05-05-2011, 21:05:16 by Void »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 05-05-2011, 22:05:59 »
Ok, I got the file uploaded - Sorry for the delay. I was so swarmed at work with... well, work. But here is the link to Mt. Olympus with 2.26 navmesh fix
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20302927/mount_olympus+w.+2.26+Nav.rar

I perfectly understand your point of view on the Tunis map. Still, its a clean map and a perfect opportunity for multiple attack options. Also pleae see if you can get the bots spawning on mgs. These are off their spawn area, specifically on walls, but as bots stay on mg positions till death, it wont matter. And it will make the gameplay more interesting than it currently is, with infantry using rifles, grenades and little more.

The new flag was introduced in 2.3, I think. They changed the map a bit to make it less of a meatgrinder. But since navmesh had already been done, they just left the old version for COOP and SP. I thought it was a simple expansion, but I guess the flanks dont go that far

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #175 on: 05-05-2011, 23:05:47 »
No problem about the delay. I'm downloading MO now.

Not sure now which map I will do first. Most likely I will play a few rounds on them both and see which one needs the most help, and start there.

And yes, for both maps I will add AI spawns for the stationary weapons, as per your request.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 05-05-2011, 23:05:30 »
 Glad to see development has restarted....

BTW...you guys should get on FH's Teamspeak.

;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 06-05-2011, 00:05:11 »
@Void
Thanks man. Standing by for testing :)

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #178 on: 06-05-2011, 01:05:03 »
It will definitely be Mount Olympus first. This is my first look at the map, and I am really impressed with it. I'm afraid someone will get offended by my next comment, but I'll open my big mouth anyway to explain more why I'm starting with this map:

Mount Olympus already has a custom strategy living inside it. I don't know where it came from, and I do not mean any personal insult to its author, but it is not a good script. I found myself while playing as New Zealand being spammed orders to defend the Monastery at a point when it was under allied control, not under attack, and there were legitimate Axis flags to counterattack.

Anyone playing this map really should nuke the 'strategies.ai' file inside it, at least until I write something to replace it. You are better off with Vanilla strats than with the strategy included in the map.

But seriously, the objects/layout/look and feel/ETC are wonderful on this map. It might be my favorite so far, I dunno.

I will keep you guys posted on my progress with Mount Olympus. I don't want to rush such a nice map, so it may be a day or two before I have something up for testing.

oh, I downloaded Teamspeak. I've never used it before (I don't game online), but I will look into what it is all about later.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 06-05-2011, 01:05:56 »
It will definitely be Mount Olympus first. This is my first look at the map, and I am really impressed with it. I'm afraid someone will get offended by my next comment, but I'll open my big mouth anyway to explain more why I'm starting with this map:

Mount Olympus already has a custom strategy living inside it. I don't know where it came from, and I do not mean any personal insult to its author, but it is not a good script. I found myself while playing as New Zealand being spammed orders to defend the Monastery at a point when it was under allied control, not under attack, and there were legitimate Axis flags to counterattack.

Anyone playing this map really should nuke the 'strategies.ai' file inside it, at least until I write something to replace it. You are better off with Vanilla strats than with the strategy included in the map.

But seriously, the objects/layout/look and feel/ETC are wonderful on this map. It might be my favorite so far, I dunno.

I will keep you guys posted on my progress with Mount Olympus. I don't want to rush such a nice map, so it may be a day or two before I have something up for testing.

oh, I downloaded Teamspeak. I've never used it before (I don't game online), but I will look into what it is all about later.

Actually the spam is my fault. It had partially done script which was later fixed in a small patch. My version lacks that patch... This patch can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/djfvypp7pzutmhw/2.3SP_fixed_files.rar. Its part of fixes for that map, most of which you don't need, but the ai_strategy and ai_strategic areas, you might