Author Topic: Berlin  (Read 21518 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Berlin
« Reply #60 on: 15-03-2018, 14:03:22 »
“Your crash is caused by your tmp.con being empty. You need to add the following lines to it to solve the crashes:

run ClientArchives.con

run ../../objects/Common/CommonSpawners.con

physics.airDensityZeroAtHeight 3000
windmanager.globalWindSpeed 1
windmanager.globalWinddirection 0.66/-0.5/0.66”

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 15-03-2018, 20:03:17 »
I wouldn't worry too much about the gameplay and loadout stuff too much right now.  Just get your map looking good.
Lol, this is exactly what he should not do. Gameplay comes first, and then I don't mean balance, but what you need to place static wise, where the routes to flags are, how many routes to the same flag there are etc. etc. That's first. If that fails, the map will never work, as we can see in various examples on #1.

Making the map "look good" is the last thing you do, after everything is set in stone what the map is gonna play like.

And stating that players are "used to" not being able to repair everything while there are 45 stock maps and I don't know how many CMP maps of which there are 4 (?) on which you can't repair sh*t (I understand the goal of it but the means is way too harsh imo because it effects land battle too much), well, that's just overstating things dramatically.

...but I am definately limiting the wrenches, maybe even just to a few pickups.
Limiting stuff is OK if things become too spammy. There are other ways to prevent people to zap-repair things like the Tiger. For example you could make it necessary to keep a number of footsoldiers for capping flags (plaving them inside a courtyard or something, so tanks can't reach them), otherwise the team can't win.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 17-03-2018, 09:03:29 »
Thanks Matthew_Baker, that fixed the spotting problem.

Speaking of german spawnable kits. Is it possible (im 99% sure it is) to have different uniforms depending on the kit? If it is, would it fit the map? For example I could have some kits wearing feldgrau uniforms and others with a cammo pattern. I guess this would be quite historical in fact. What do you think about it? Would it look good and/or be correct?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17-03-2018, 11:03:31 »
Yes, that is how it works. Just look at any init.con to see the different models.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18-03-2018, 10:03:52 »
I used a CMP static which is causing trouble. It´s a cobblestone sidewalk. It looks great but something is wrong with the colmesh maybe. Vehicles act strange on it. In the best case they just turn super mega fast on it. In the worst case they just do crazy things and can even get launched into the air.

I want to keep the static, even though it is taking me hours to figure out how to fix this. I have 2 ways:

1. Bypass the bug, set the static with no colmesh and tweak the terrain so that it is just below the sidewalk, so you won´t notice it has no colmesh.

2. Find and fix the bug.

I tried creating a copy of the static with a new name and just replaced the material used. I put sand in instead of the original concrete. The buggy effect on vehicles was unaffected.

What do you recommend?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 18-03-2018, 15:03:17 »
I recommend you get on discord and the CMP map pack channel and we can see if we can hunt down the bug.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 19-03-2018, 06:03:34 »
Will do. One CMP building also has awful lighting and it´s an important building in the map cause it´s a flag and it´s quite big. I realised I can´t stop and fix these issues, I would never be able to complete the map at this pace. I just made those bugs less noticeable and moved on. More pics coming soon.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 22-03-2018, 05:03:35 »
The last thing I did was placing trees and now the map crashes.

14%
check mapdata file
check gameplay.con
Re-Generate your Overgrowth
Crash on dedicated server (server side crash) - Missing surrounding terrain .raw files
Check your navmesh (possible isolated vertices)

I didn´t use overgrowth, just manual tree placing. Could there be some buggy tree that you know? What is the easiest way to fix this? I don´t want to remove all the trees, you understand.
« Last Edit: 22-03-2018, 20:03:23 by blander »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 22-03-2018, 18:03:09 »
There are definitely some buggy trees that crash the game or even editor.  Usually it happens when you use them as overgrowth.  I guess it can happen the other way too.  What trees are you using?

Sometimes with vegetation in staticobjects.con there is the line:  Object.isOvergrowth 1
You can delete that or add it if it's not there and see if it fixes the crash.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 24-03-2018, 11:03:38 »
Alright I found the damn buggy tree... took it out already, thanks for the info!

Been adding some detail:

3rd sector WIP:

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26-03-2018, 14:03:19 »
Who needs creativity when you can just copy photos...

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 26-03-2018, 15:03:26 »
Looking pretty good...  I take the building on the right is accessible? It would make a fair strong point to KO the Tiger with a captured Panzerfaust. Another thing - do you have extremely slow, hand cranked traverse on the Tiger's turret or is it power assisted?

And have you thought of scaling down some of the buildings, because in the screenshots they look yooge?
« Last Edit: 26-03-2018, 15:03:07 by nysä »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26-03-2018, 17:03:15 »
This is a map project.  I don't think he has the ability to make new buildings or new Tigers

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26-03-2018, 17:03:43 »
You mean the red building? I initially placed a half-destroyed one for infantry to fight for but the red one looks closer to the one in the real photo. The tiger will be immobile and could have a slower moving turret, I bet that´s not hard to do.

What huge buildings are you talking about? The appartments on the right of the Tiger screenshot? I made them extra tall on purpose, like in the real photo. 5 storey to be precise.

Bare in mind I just try to copy some aspects of the photos just for fun, no real intention of making 1:1 replicas.
« Last Edit: 26-03-2018, 17:03:14 by blander »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26-03-2018, 17:03:44 »
What would be the most correct spawnable russian anti-tank kit here? I´m not fond of spawnable panzerfausts like in Seelow but if it´s historically accurate then I´ll take it.