Author Topic: New map layers  (Read 7963 times)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Re: New map layers
« Reply #15 on: 28-07-2016, 04:07:49 »
The little research I've done indicated that when it produced the silhouette effect it was disastrous for the attackers and was then mostly done by converging searchlight beams over a battlefield, sometimes into low clouds to provide general illumination.  Thus you can just make a custom sky box with searchlight beams then tweak the lighting settings to the appropriate whitish illumination.  Some of the night maps that have a full moon could have the appropriate settings.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-07-2016, 17:07:12 »
The little research I've done indicated that when it produced the silhouette effect it was disastrous for the attackers and was then mostly done by converging searchlight beams over a battlefield...
Same thing actually happened during the battle of Seelow Heights, with the same disatrous results for the attackers (probably much worse and on the bigger scale to be honest). Anyway, Seelow could use a smaller layer to potray the initial attack on the cliffs, which took place at night in real life IIRC, instead of what we have now  ;)

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #17 on: 21-08-2016, 21:08:17 »
Sidi bou Zid 16p is a great play.  Really like the spawn points once you cap the two nearest flags.  Both of these maps' 32p versions can be played with 16p with no problem.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-04-2017, 11:04:49 »
Some more new layers for the next version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsFzwBOwc2I

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-04-2017, 11:04:28 »
Glad to hear that we're getting more small layers! St. Vith has always been one of my favourite maps, but it didn't quite work at lower-traffic hours. Also, I do think that in the 32p layer the German team could use another PzIV. Of course, won't be able to tell unti it's played on the server.  :P

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-05-2017, 12:05:31 »
And another one for the next patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TECQYv2EH68

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-05-2017, 15:05:01 »
And another one for the next patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TECQYv2EH68
Isn't that too much tanks for Canadians in the 32pl version?? Interesting that this is based on Op. Harvest.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-05-2017, 18:05:15 »
The new layers look nice. It seems that the 32 version will be a tank massacre

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-09-2017, 20:09:27 »
Sidi bou zid 16 is great! Nice job there.

Suggestion: How about Op. Cobra16 - tank only? So fight will be around Farm flag that will now have big cap radius. You cant get out of vehichle, but you can still repair and spot from other seats in tank. I think,as this is tank orientated map, this would be cool and good map for testing this new gamemode.

Your taughts?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-09-2017, 21:09:12 »
If Cobra got a 16 layer, I think it should be an inf fight in Hebecrevon. The town is realy well suited for that.

The 32 layer could be a tank KotH. I don't think it's good to keep people locked in vehicles, but a big cap radius and lots of tanks sounds fun.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14-09-2017, 20:09:41 »
I kind of made some small levels for Cobra.  It was 3 flags in the town for the 16.  The 32 had fewer flags and reduced play area from the 64 but it kept about the same number of tanks.  It was really just a rough draft.  I don't know if it will be used as the basis for an official release.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-12-2017, 17:12:19 »
Is reason why we wont see one layer of Seelow and Totalize in night, that because you would need also to put some light effects too~which are new statics~which is new lightmaping needed?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27-12-2017, 19:12:58 »
Seelow is kinda dark already.  You could probably add some lanterns and campfires to it.  I think there are already streetlights.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-01-2018, 19:01:37 »
This would be a nice feature for singleplayer to reduce lag. Is this still a planed feature?