Author Topic: Falaise Pocket 64  (Read 13331 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: Falaise Pocket 64
« Reply #75 on: 18-02-2012, 08:02:31 »
I'll be damned :D.

Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 18-02-2012, 16:02:55 »
Winning Falaiase as allied isn't really rare. Well, at least for me it isn't. Winning Totalize as allied however... (still waiting for first allied victory since 2.4  :'()

I guess this is very player dependent, I mean, I was having a discussion about Bulge maps, and while Eppeldorf was the tough nut to crack for me as US, a fellow BT had trouble winning Bastogne as allies. We were both surprised about our respective trouble.

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 18-02-2012, 22:02:12 »
You are probably proving your own point, because I've yet to see the Germans ever win on Totalize. Granted, that map CTDs for me quite a bit but I can't recall the Canadians ever having much trouble winning Totalize, whereas yesterday was my first Falaise victory as a Canadian (you can see my Sherman in the screenshot, prowling the hedges for sneaky Germans of which I killed plenty). On Totalize, the first two flags fall easily and once the Canadians are across the bridge you just start dicking around, wishing the Germans didn't have an uncap so the round wouldn't drag on for another 30 minutes. Bastogne's a funny map because Americans always win on the big version from what I've seen (the two flank flags distracting the advancing Germans sufficiently to stall their attack), while the Germans nearly always slaughter the Americans on the 32 version, for obvious reasons. The Americans likewise win the 16 nearly every time because they have a jeep that can speed along to Mont and they've capped it + laid ten S-mines before the Germans even get there.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 20-02-2012, 12:02:29 »
First a minor point for the ones of us the like snipering.
The Germans get a G43 ZF in there base and in the church. I think with its smaler zoom it can make some sence. But the G43 ZF in the German base doesnt make much sence, because there are many good sniper spots which are great with the British sniper (which has the same zoom as the K98 ZF), but with a G43 ZF you lack the zoom to shoot effectifly. Therefore I suggest to repalce the German sniper in the base with a K89 ZF, I d also like to see the G43 in the chruch replaced, but it would be okay to keep it for diversity.
(No not a sniper noob speaking who just cant hande the G43 ZF, look at 762 ranking)

Id also like to see the map become more of an infantry map. That is to reduce tanks and arty for both sides. Get rid of one mortar pickup kit for BOTH sides.
The Allies should loose one Sherman, the Germans should loose one Panther (and maybe the Panzer IV)

The backcapping of St. Lambert North or Destroyed Battery when the frontline is far away is also quite redicoluse in my opinion, so I d like a harder pushcode (for both sides), but this is not the post for such a discussion.

I also like Andrews suggestion of altering the map, it would make it bigger and I am pretty sure it would erease those battles where the Germans cant even cross the river. Since it makes the map bigger the Arty wouldnt be that bad anymore and the tanks wouldnt be as concentrated as there are today. Godd job with that. Id really like to see an other bridge plus command post!
« Last Edit: 20-02-2012, 12:02:55 by hyperanthropos »

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 04-03-2012, 08:03:29 »
Played this map last night and it played out exactly the same as it always does. Germans snuck through E4 and flag-tagged the three Lambert flags. One when white, some Canadians fell back, recapped it as another went white. Some more fell back and recapped as the third went white. And repeat. Shockingly, the front two flags were swiftly capped by the Germans, even though they had been held at bay magnificently before then. I'm not trying to complain, I just wish this map was as good as it could be, and it doesn't seem right to me that I can have two entire flags between me and the German main, and still possibly be attacked from any direction and get raped by artillery anyway.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12-03-2012, 07:03:52 »
This map has been heavily improved for the upcoming patch  :)
Looking forward to your feedback on it

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12-08-2013, 16:08:35 »
Too much Tanks and Arty for such an small Sector Push map. It is more Slaugthering than in 2.4 :D

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09-04-2014, 19:04:38 »
2.46 changelog for Falaise Pocket 64

• Removed 2 of the 4 Shermans.
  • Fixed spawning in St Lambert (only Natty knows what this means).
  • Fixed the greasy cobblestone terrain (sliding Opels, 6pdrs, etc.)

Note: we're not done with this map yet, the balancing fixes above are more like a temporal solution.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 01-06-2014, 13:06:07 »
2.47 changelog for Falaise Pocket 64

• Deleted useless 6 Punder that was sunk into the ground
  • Deleted unhistorical static Lewis Guns
  • Changed some spawn points
  • Added G41 pickup kits
« Last Edit: 01-06-2014, 13:06:23 by Ts4EVER »

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 03-06-2014, 05:06:58 »
"Unhistorical Lewis Guns"

Curious what the unhistorical-ness is. Was the Canadian unit depicted in the map not equipped with Lewis guns? Lewis not in service in 1944?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 13-06-2016, 17:06:15 »
2.52 changelog for Falaise Pocket 64
  • Deleted the German howitzer and the Canadian mortar pickup kit. This should hopefully cut down the arty rape a bit.
  • Added a mortar in place of the deleted howitzer.
  • Added a halftrack with Vierling at the flak battery for fire support.
« Last Edit: 13-06-2016, 23:06:04 by gavrant »

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 30-12-2016, 10:12:14 »
Yesterday I was playing this map and I noticed that one of the spawnpoints of the Church flag spawns the players in front of the southwestern wall of the church - the direction where the german attack comes. It is very hard not to spawnrape.

Unless I am mistaken and those cannucks were spawning form a SL?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 30-12-2016, 11:12:46 »
Yes, indeed, there is a Canadian spawnpoint on the wrong side of the church, it will be fixed in the next release.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 08-01-2017, 10:01:05 »
  • Added G41 pickup kits
Where so?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 05-11-2018, 16:11:28 »
Once the allies are pushed back to the last flag it is impossible to get out, the game is over right there. Perhaps they could spawn 2 more tanks to help getting out of the bottle neck.