Author Topic: [Map] Sidi Bou Zid  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [Map] Sidi Bou Zid
« Reply #30 on: 12-02-2012, 22:02:14 »
My guess is cause you only wrote +1

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13-02-2012, 00:02:17 »
Nerdsturm, I think you should apply to become a mapper-dev!
I agree, map looks good.

For some reason, I posted this twice before, my post keeps disappearing. So once more: I support what Kelmola posts.

If mods like to delete posts of mine, I'd appreciate at least a pm with an explanation.

We will always face censorship on these forums, it has literally been happening since day 1 of WarumDarum.

Go back to page 1 of the Off topic and you will tons of references to deleted posts.  And nothing has changed since, except now more people than ever are allowed to delete our voices.

Freedom of Speech is not recognized here, damn shame in my opinion
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #32 on: 13-02-2012, 01:02:20 »
We will always face censorship on these forums, it has literally been happening since day 1 of WarumDarum.

Go back to page 1 of the Off topic and you will tons of references to deleted posts.  And nothing has changed since, except now more people than ever are allowed to delete our voices.

Freedom of Speech is not recognized here, damn shame in my opinion
Find me a decent forum where zero content posts (outside of some approved sub-forum) are not treated as a waste of space.  Posts deleted in this forum rarely fall outside the lines of spam or insults.

Frankly, you have a very negative attitude to this forum and I wonder why you keep coming back if it is as bad as you claim it to be.  Consider this an official warning to improve your general attitude on these forums.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #33 on: 13-02-2012, 03:02:19 »
  Very impressed from the screenshots if this is indeed your first map.  By the looks of it you really have have the fiddly details and art down.   I don't know how this would play out as is in a tourney but I will link your map to the WaW jerks.  Not a much better test of a map in my opinion as 64 people playing your map for 12 hours straight.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

azreal

« Reply #34 on: 13-02-2012, 05:02:40 »
Keep it on track ladies and gentlemen...

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13-02-2012, 05:02:36 »
 Awesome looking map, like playing with Nerdy and obviously appreciate his efforts to add to the content of Fh2.

at least there is promise of getting a fair shake from the incredible team over at WaW.

@ EU,
 I refer you to http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=22.1480
for further reference towards my previous assertion.

I harbour no ill will against this mod or any individual participants herein but I will always argue against censorship in the modern age. I can not apologize for speaking my mind and I never will.
 you are welcome to counter my fact based argument but perhaps take it to PM, rather than attempting to scold me in public. That stopped working on me back in grade school during the 1980's...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13-02-2012, 18:02:46 »
My guess is cause you only wrote +1
OK, thanks :) Won't do that anymore then. (Still would like a short explanation next time, now I was in the dark about it and we wasted 5 posts on it and went offtopic because of it - sorry for that.)

Ontopic: are you planning on making more maps, Nerdsturm?

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #37 on: 13-02-2012, 20:02:38 »
We can throw this into one of our upcoming map tests if you'd like :)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13-02-2012, 23:02:13 »
We can throw this into one of our upcoming map tests if you'd like :)
I'd appreciate that, and would be happy to make any needed changes. It'd be nice to get some feedback on how the map plays.

At some point yes, but I'm taking a break for a bit. I have some real life projects that are taking up most of my time at the moment.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16-02-2012, 16:02:13 »
At some point yes, but I'm taking a break for a bit. I have some real life projects that are taking up most of my time at the moment.

This might be something worth taking a look at in terms of a new project for mapping: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16847.0;topicseen#top
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #40 on: 17-02-2012, 18:02:40 »
I've scheduled your map to be played at WaW next Saturday, Feb 25. :)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19-02-2012, 00:02:43 »
Awesome :)

I updated the download link on first post on this thread. The changes are very small, but some of them could have an impact on gameplay(I forgot to make the axis main uncappable, for instance), so it's probably best to use the new version for the test if possible.

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #42 on: 25-02-2012, 20:02:27 »
We just played this in the WaW event and there was a problem.
There was no terrain generated for Low terrain details.

People with low terrain settings couldn't load in, they crashed.

Otherwise the first two flags were a tough bottleneck. Axis never got past them

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-02-2012, 21:02:53 »
I think I may try removing all the Allied spawns from the Outskirts flag, as that was the one they really seemed to have trouble with. I'll also have to increase the amount of time it takes to cap each flag, since they switched back and forth way too fast.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27-02-2012, 01:02:59 »
 ahhh, so that's why I kept crashing. it's too bad because I was looking forward to playing Nerdy's map. My buddy got to play though and said that the Church was little too rape central for that sniper because he was practically immune up there but that visually it looked cool.

Tons of peeps overall have said they loved the new maps, myself included (Battle of the Bulge rocked, a few too many trees though). I look forward to perhaps a map pack 2.0 event with tweaks and some performance improvements.