Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306366 times)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #330 on: 15-04-2012, 01:04:13 »
I expected more fatguys :o. Who is lieing?

I am.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 15-04-2012, 02:04:02 »
Wizardry! Im on the chubby side; have a gut that I keep meaning to evict, but hes related to me so it's complicated.

Im not surprised, I associate FH people with reenactors hikers and innawoods types for some reason.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 15-04-2012, 13:04:40 »
i associate every game forum visitor as a creepy basement type of guy to fat to bend over and capable of eating his mom if she doesnt get him food fast enough, shows how wrong a stereotype can be.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 15-04-2012, 14:04:47 »
I can barely touch my knees when bending forward.

My BMI seems to be 24, many people guess my weight up to 10kg less then what i really weigh, i have, just like my whole family, a lot of lower back fat that is a pain to get rid off.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 15-04-2012, 16:04:25 »
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 15-04-2012, 16:04:06 »
I already have the black "jumbo" model.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 16-04-2012, 12:04:44 »
I have to run around in the shower to get wet.

So much for stereotypes... :P

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 17-04-2012, 02:04:59 »
16.3 on the BMI.
Always been underweight, still cant find a way to break the 120lb threshold.

Two less and you'd be hospitalized in the UK, at least thats what my aunts husband (who's a forensic psychiatrist in the UK) told me. My sister is in the 16 point range as well.

I'm overweight according to BMI, screw that :|
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 17-04-2012, 04:04:53 »
Got IL 2.  It is very good but I am very bad at it.

Also watching the HBO Series Rome, which rocks.

And it is senior tag season here, so i spent a large part of today staking out some guy to shoot him with water guns!  Does anyone else do similar things in their school?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 17-04-2012, 04:04:27 »
We have quite a few ditch days.

Can't bring squirt guns to school though, archaic post-9/11 post-columbine mindset still here in CA, it's ridiculous.

The biggest thing I remember was having a school wide zombie game, admin wasn't happy about it, but what are you going to do to control 4600 kids? Use the 5 security guards?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 17-04-2012, 10:04:31 »
Got IL 2.  It is very good but I am very bad at it.

Good, just practice a little bit, and buy a decent joystick if you have the budget.

You need gunnery skills much more than other flying skills if you want to have more fun in Il-2.

One and only flying tip: don't play too hard on the stick, keep the airflow steady on the wing. Some planes can easily flip over when exceeding its maximum AoA, while some (like Japanese planes) don't.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 17-04-2012, 11:04:21 »
It is pretty damn awesome. I really hould rewatch it.
Only sad thing is that it would have a season 3 and 4, but not enough people watched it. Being the series with the highest budget ever (at that time) they couldn't afford to make new seasons :(

I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 17-04-2012, 22:04:05 »

Good man. This ranks in my Top 3 of TV shows, easily.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 17-04-2012, 23:04:59 »
Only sad thing is that it would have a season 3 and 4, but not enough people watched it. Being the series with the highest budget ever (at that time) they couldn't afford to make new seasons :(
Long ago, I had an idea of Season 3, being inspired by what Caesarion said at the very end of Season 2: that one day he would reclaim what is rightfully his and would clear his father's name. My idea would have been that at some point, Tiberius is "replaced" and thereafter impersonated by Caesarion; either during Tiberius's youth or during his exile to Rhodos. Tiberius's later military merits would of course be due to him being raised by Titus Pullo.

Of course, the deaths of Octavian's (Augustus's) nephew Marcellus, grandsons Gaius and Lucius, and stepson (rumoured to be real) Drusus, all heirs to the throne before Tiberius, would be arranged by "Tiberius"; Marcellus's and Lucius's "illnesses" would be actually poisonings and Gaius's fatal wounding in combat would have been prearranged, and Drusus, having falled off a horse, conveniently dies only after "Tiberius" has joined him in Germania. Postumus Agrippa, the only other possible claimant, is discredited due to having been framed by "Tiberius", and quite conveniently, he was executed by his guards at the time of Augustus's death.

When Augustus is lying on his deathbed, "Tiberius" would whisper to him, revealing his true identity, to which Augustus would then reply his last words: "If I have played my part well, clap your hands, and dismiss me with applause from the stage." which could - from a certain point of view - refer that "Tiberius's" impersonation has been a "play" presented on a "stage", and Augustus has been an unwitting participant.

Season 4 would be in my vision focus on the power struggle following Tiberius. In this vision, Caligula would not have been the insane tyrant he's described in histories written by his political opponents, but at odds with the Senate still clinging to power, and unwilling to pretend being a "concerned citizen" anymore while clearly having the powers of a God-Emperor, and some of his antics would be actually aimed to ridicule his opponents, but twisted posthumously to be proof of his madness. His successor, uncle Claudius, would of course be (as historically described, by his opponents, of all things!) handsome and intelligent, but limping due to previous polio infection and prone to stammering when excited. Like Caligula, Nero would not be the cruel madman but just brutally cool and calculating, and compassionate when needed; much of his "tyranny" would also be only be misleading interpretation of later historians and his opponents.

Of course, the death of Nero (who would not even commit an "assisted suicide", unlike record states, but was killed by the Senate troops and declared to have been suicided instead) at the end of Season 4 would tie nicely with the end of the entire series, what with the end of the Julio-Claudian dynasty.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 18-04-2012, 00:04:21 »
An interesting way of embedding the loose ends presented at the end of the Rome series into the historical setting at the early principate. However I feel that it would be just over the edge, a little too liberate in terms of historical accuracy, compared to the rest of the show - which, I find, has found quite an interesting compromise between a certain historical accuracy and the dramatic and emotionally involving plot that a good show needs.