Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 305181 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #135 on: 21-03-2012, 23:03:10 »
Burrowing owls.

They are owls and they live in holes in the ground. Owls. In ground holes.

How awesome are they!

They are like meerkats. But owls.

Look at them. Maybe the most awesome species ever.

Discuss.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #136 on: 21-03-2012, 23:03:28 »
Nah, they aren't all that goo at all.  The top one looks evil too.  They should be sent to re-education camps where they will be instructed to build proper nests like proper owls.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 21-03-2012, 23:03:33 »
I disagree with EU, and will challenge him to a duel if he does not change his abhorrent views on the matter.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #138 on: 21-03-2012, 23:03:21 »
Armstrong-Witworth 4pdr cannonettes at dawn it is.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 21-03-2012, 23:03:43 »
IT IS AGREED THEN!

« Last Edit: 22-03-2012, 00:03:18 by VonMudra »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 22-03-2012, 00:03:43 »
I can't resist to add my story on jehovas witnesses:

When I was as boy, they came to our door occasionally. My mom was a patient housewife, but got rid of them someday.

About 10 years later my mom died, and, guess what, I had them on my door again. 3 visits within 2 month.

The last time they came it was about 11 o' clock in the morning: Some dad bringing his 5 year old son. That made me totally freak out. I told him that the boy would belong into the kindergarden/school, instead of listening to his dad discussing religion with strangers. I pointed out that I see why they are suddenly coming for me after 10 years of silence on our doorstep, and that they should be ashamed of that approach to catch me in the moment of a familiar tragedy.

That was the first time I saw some jehova witness almost lose temper. But after that, they never came again.

Nowadays a fellow worker of mine is a jehova witness and I bite my tongue every time she mentions religion.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 22-03-2012, 01:03:13 »
Am I the only one here who simply doesn´t open the door?
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 22-03-2012, 01:03:16 »
I got the tendency to open the door when somebody is knocking. Strange, isn't it? :P

Well, and then, I'd like to post this new video on Sim City 5, overall their conception makes a solid appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS0qURl_JJY

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 22-03-2012, 01:03:56 »
A friend of mine from Maui had a KISS Idea. He used to just open the door butt naked and start a normal conversation with them. >_>

Oh, the construction site Ive been working at has to be careful not to disturb burrowing owls. They get a cordoned off area extending several hundred feet from their nest if they settle down. All the piping had to be covered so they wouldnt be tempted to upgrade to a metallic interior design. There was one nest nearby but not close enough to get in the way.

We figured wed just route a burst of compressed gas into a nested pipe if we found one. Inter Continental Owl Launcher.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 22-03-2012, 01:03:50 »
Owlz

Discuss.
I think that owls who refuse to live in trees as they are supposed to must have some suspicious reasons.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 22-03-2012, 04:03:42 »
How do computers delete data? Do they.. burn it? How does it workzorz
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 22-03-2012, 05:03:52 »
Data are stored in Hard disk, which is a disc. It is very sensitive to magnetic interference, so they use that to "write, delete, and manipulate" data, basically like "scratching" the surface of the disc in some probably gentle way that it won't scar it forever, so it can be written off later.

When they delete, they don't magically wipe out everything clean, how do they do that, I don't know exactly how, but they seem to scatter it around. Thus, there are some hash codes/tags/sums (fraction of data) left in the disk. We use some special reading tools to assemble them back, using whatever information left like the original file size compared to the fractions, and fill the missing hashes using whatever method the tool use like playing puzzle, maybe, or better perhaps, like logical guessing.

Read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 22-03-2012, 05:03:55 »
From what I understand, hard drives are a platter of sectors that could be written with data by magnetically setting individual bits on the disk to 1 or 0, organizing those bits into bytes of more meaningful info, and going up from there to KB, MB, and GB. The spindle on a hard drive interacts with the bits, writing or reading their state of 1 or 0. There is an index that the drive refers to to find sectors associated with a specific file. When you delete something, the HD notes that all the sectors containing that file are "deleted," and pretty much ignoresthat file...until the drive needs the room to write a new file. At this point, it will write over the sectors of the "deleted" file with the new file.

If you actually want to truly delete a file, you have to use a program that writes a random array of 1 and 0s over the sectors. Even then, advanced hardware and software can tell what was written there before. A military grade wipe is something like 30 random 1 0 writes over the disk.

data is recoverable from scratched, bent, shot, and even magnatized disks. Thermite does a good job though.

Feel free to make a fool of me. This was picked up by osmosis so a lot of it is assumed.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 22-03-2012, 06:03:50 »
Even magnetized? Damn

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 22-03-2012, 07:03:15 »
Owlz

Discuss.
I think that owls who refuse to live in trees as they are supposed to must have some suspicious reasons.

At least they kill the whole "owling" nonsense.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/owling