Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306098 times)

Biiviz

Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #105 on: 20-03-2012, 18:03:00 »
LOL, isn't Finns just the same with its territorial ambitions? They want to bail Greece out in exchange for their land mortgage?

The same? The infamous Finnish thirst for world domination still exists, we're just doing it by economical means now? Ignoring that I was jokingly referring to a German stereotype and how they are trying to grab more power within the EU (not related to Greece), you base this on the fact that we don't want to donate billions without safety to countries that have cheated themselves into the Economic and Monetary Union, and failed their economy, when we in Central and Northern Europe have done things by the books and therefore stayed afloat? Basically, us suffering from their mistakes.

No bank in the world lends money without safety, and neither will we. I'm all for injecting money into Greece as a temporary solution, but doing so without a safety net when you know you yourself is on the knife's edge economically, is damn near suicidal. Also, we can't keep repeating the bail-outs forever. In that case, sooner or later the Greeks will have to leave the EMU.

Germans and others are just doing it right. They were bombed into oblivion after WW2, discriminated against by many bankers. Yet they woke up and overtook UK and France. But, you can't look upon yourself based on your past status. Before 1998 Asian crisis, we were rich people, I can afford to spent a week on US east coast holiday with ease. Now, I am just regular middle class people who can't even afford the west coast, let alone European holidays. Have to live by that fact, once a spoiled rich kid, now a start-up paper pusher.

We understood that it is not our place to bitch out about how unfair that US and other foreign investors controlled our economy and how IMF/World Bank told us to do shit. At that time we and those Asian countries borrowed too much money to develop industries we don't really need while they should have built our direly-needed infrastructures.

However, we and the whole Asia didn't get the same privileged treatment that European PIGGS get from IMF at that time like debt write-off, haircut, and so on in return for austerity measures. They have to repay all creditors 100%.

Yes, no generous write-offs like Greece get, except that 10% Indonesia get from Japan and easy loan from Germany. In addition, we had to relegate many economic controls to IMF, thus killing many strategic industries, giving up several controls over expensive natural resources extraction projects to foreign investors, selling assets to foreign investors. All of these "necessary steps" (according to IMF) to make up for the deficit to pay our installments, including that IMF loan.

In that situation, USA can just print money and refuse to do anything (like reducing their spending), they just keep borrowing money and people still buy that junk Yankee bond. Investors like China can't do anything because they depended on them, if US stop spending, whose going to buy all that junk they produce? Garbage in, garbage out, that easy.

Yet those PIGGS still moan like bitches about it. Racial preference and discrimination is on blatant display here and they still talk trash about Germany and other non-troubled EU countries? Aren't those PIGGS spoiled by their status as European? They need to get right

So, in short: even though Germans got fucked over, they got their economy back on track. Good job. On the other hand, south-east Asians got screwed and no-one was there to help them like the PIGGS (isn't the term PIIGS?) are generously helped today.

Might be seen as unfair, but these countries (PIIGS) have a common currency which of course makes them worth saving, lest we ourselves get dragged with them. Or am I missing something here?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 20-03-2012, 19:03:55 »
Might be seen as unfair, but these countries (PIIGS) have a common currency which of course makes them worth saving, lest we ourselves get dragged with them. Or am I missing something here?

Yes, it is PIIGS, sorry (Portugal Ireland Italy Greece Spain). The PIIGGS includes Great Britain, which is out of my scope. I exclude them because I like Brits and I am biased.

My rant isn't about the unfairness, but rather the blaming and finger pointing instead of getting in right: live by your own measures. Especially, it is easier to blame foreign parties for what is clearly your own fault. Our leaders tried to paint the US and their eeebul wests as the culprit. But the BS fall short, because too many people know that our government themselves are corrupt as hell. And little know that the people themselves are largely unready for modern economy and perhaps misunderstand the whole concept about it.

Biiviz

« Reply #107 on: 21-03-2012, 10:03:38 »
Unrelated to the previous discussion; but oh God, the Jehova's Witnesses season has started. FML

Gonna start searching for a new apartment >:I

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #108 on: 21-03-2012, 11:03:40 »
I've only had one JW visit.  I find the charity cases trying to get your card details are far more annoying and far more common.  I might have to start throwing copper coins at them (I'm building up a small arsenal of them as we speak).

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 21-03-2012, 11:03:15 »
Unrelated to the previous discussion; but oh God, the Jehova's Witnesses season has started. FML

I've never been visited by jehovas witnesses. I kinda wish some would knock on my door so i could be real rude to them and pick on their religion
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 21-03-2012, 11:03:26 »

You think that is bad? My girlfriend wants to BE one of them! She already goes to church with them every week and was even invited to a wedding party by them!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 21-03-2012, 11:03:57 »
You think that is bad? My girlfriend wants to BE one of them! She already goes to church with them every week and was even invited to a wedding party by them!

Don't worry, just go to their Überguru and tell him, that the two of you have had premarital sex.
Case closed.

I always enjoyed their visits. I let them preach a bit and then I come with the big hammer of logic and humanism... I had one even leave with the words: "Well you have it figured out, I guess I have to think about some things for myself..."  ;D
« Last Edit: 21-03-2012, 11:03:43 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21-03-2012, 14:03:48 »
What is Jehova's Witnesses ???

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:24 »
International religious organization feeding people with bullshit.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:59 »
I see, could you be a bit more specific?

Biiviz

« Reply #115 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:43 »
International religious organization feeding people with bullshit.

Infamous for going door-to-door and trying to shove their beliefs down your throat at 9 AM.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:54 »
Wikipedia is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Oh some great memes here:

« Last Edit: 21-03-2012, 15:03:48 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:26 »
Wikipedia is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

I was just about to ask if he is unable to use a search engine such as... oh, I dont know... google?  :P

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:22 »
It is because I don't want to waste my bandwidth by googling fringe religious loonies

Biiviz

« Reply #119 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:46 »
I've only had one JW visit.  I find the charity cases trying to get your card details are far more annoying and far more common.  I might have to start throwing copper coins at them (I'm building up a small arsenal of them as we speak).

JW and some guy selling home-made Christmas decorations are the only ones who've come to my door unannounced here, but when I was younger and living at home, gypsies came once or twice. I didn't even let them open their mouths until I slammed the door shut. Then I watched them through the window to make sure they didn't steal anything off our yard as they left.