Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306022 times)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #75 on: 17-03-2012, 17:03:36 »
There is a documentary of the History Channel about Otto Carius (history channel niveau however). I can´t find the whole episode there but at least you know the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYW4Q6D-q_c&feature=related

There is also anotehr Episode about Ludwig Bauer who got shot down 5 times in his tank throughout the war. First he´s driving a Panzer II, then a Panzer III, then a StuG and finally a Panther. His story about how an American watched down into his Panthers hatch is quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOpAAva5svo&feature=related

Edit: I wouldn´t call that an awesome documentary, but when you come home are lazy and just want some popcorn-kino like documentary its quite entertaining. Just try not to facepalm yourself when they are talking about Jagdtigers and are showing Jagdpanzer IVs.
« Last Edit: 17-03-2012, 17:03:06 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 17-03-2012, 17:03:46 »
There is a documentary of the History Channel about Otto Carius (history channel niveau however). I can´t find the whole episode there but at least you know the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYW4Q6D-q_c&feature=related

I got this episode and that part you can see in this video is in latvia, malinava, and not in Narva. What I meant with my original question was material about Carius during the battles of Narva in the winter/spring of 1944. The same episode of that said series starts off at Narva with Carius' stopping a soviet assault at the southern bridgehead, but it is quite poorly done that it doesnt specify any areas. If someone can find detailed maps for example that shows various settlements, outposts and movements of troops, that would be the most appreciated.

There is also anotehr Episode about Ludwig Bauer who got shot down 5 times in his tank throughout the war. First he´s driving a Panzer II, then a Panzer III, then a StuG and finally a Panther. His story about how an American watched down into his Panthers hatch is quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOpAAva5svo&feature=related

Edit: I wouldn´t call that an awesome documentary, but when you come home are lazy and just want some popcorn-kino like documentary its quite entertaining. Just try not to facepalm yourself when they are talking about Jagdtigers and are showing Jagdpanzer IVs.

Yeah I know what you mean. I got both seasons and while they really arent anything except the usual american way of doing documentary, they are something you can watch if you are absolutely bored. Some bits are nice but the battles are always the ones in which the allies win. It has its good and bad sides. One of the things I hate is that why on earth the yankees dont like subtitles, the silly russian/german accents piss me off.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 18-03-2012, 01:03:02 »
How about "Revolting Unition" for the thread title?

Rolls off the tongue smoother.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 18-03-2012, 15:03:39 »
Dear me, this thread is really happening, isn't it?
And thanks for the hint about the documentary concerning Carius. I did never quite manage to convince myself to visit his shop for whatever reason, I guess I'd feel like a tourist in bermudas, sandals and socks wandering around in Buckingham Palace.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 18-03-2012, 17:03:11 »
Dear me, this thread is really happening, isn't it?
And thanks for the hint about the documentary concerning Carius. I did never quite manage to convince myself to visit his shop for whatever reason, I guess I'd feel like a tourist in bermudas, sandals and socks wandering around in Buckingham Palace.
Thanks for giving life signs.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #80 on: 18-03-2012, 18:03:28 »
It was on your command, Heidi.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 18-03-2012, 19:03:27 »
Thanks for giving life signs.

Did someone declare me dead?

It was on your command, Heidi.

So you noticed it? I already forgot about it. But funny, writing it on your steam wall for nostalgias sake and two months later, this.  ;)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 18-03-2012, 19:03:50 »
It took me a couple of weeks but certainly, I read it. I think I even posted something on your profile too. After that I flew to Finland and put this small chip in Flippy's brain that somehow makes him think this thread is a good thing.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 18-03-2012, 21:03:02 »
Chip?

It was the suitcase full of money that you gave me, not a chip.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 18-03-2012, 21:03:13 »
The chip story is way cooler. Bribing was just cheaper.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 18-03-2012, 21:03:19 »
Well Warhorse was possibly the most melodramatic movie that I have ever seen in my life.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 18-03-2012, 22:03:55 »
That depends - are you going to listen to music in your car or are you going to drive around blasting noise to "impress" others?

If option B, kill yourself.
You just don't understand how effing good it feels, rolling down the windows, idling discreetly down the street, waiting to get near the intended as of yet unsuspecting victims, and then start blasting a Scooter song on full volume.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 18-03-2012, 22:03:16 »
That depends - are you going to listen to music in your car or are you going to drive around blasting noise to "impress" others?

If option B, kill yourself.
--rolling down the windows, idling discreetly down the street, waiting to get near the intended as of yet unsuspecting victims, and then start blasting a Scooter song on full volume.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 18-03-2012, 23:03:00 »
A burning world cooks the best smores youll ever taste.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 19-03-2012, 01:03:47 »
You just don't understand how effing good it feels, rolling down the windows, idling discreetly down the street, waiting to get near the intended as of yet unsuspecting victims, and then start blasting a Scooter song on full volume.

Rolling down the windows is for wimps. :D

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom