Author Topic: Free French or French Resistant ?  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Free French or French Resistant ?
« on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:13 »
From a news of Janury :

As the United States entered the war in 1917, it too was in serious need of more rifles. Rather than forcing all factories to change production, the Pattern 14 design was simply altered to use the .30-06 Springfield cartridge and the M1917 Enfield rifle was born. Over 2 million of these rifles were produced and many continued to serve with US troops well into the Second World War. This rifle was common among US artillerymen and Free French Soldiers in North Africa, but even in Normandy, these rifles were used by supply and artillery troops.

Did this mean we will have Free French Force (maybe a Bir Hakeim map) or French Resistant (Normandy) in the 2.2 ? Or the Free French flag on this weapon is just to inform us that the French Force was using it ?

Thx in advance !

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Re: Free French or French Resistant ?
« Reply #1 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:44 »
No, 2.2 won't have Free French forces. The M1917 will be use by the US. You can find them in supplykits.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:57 »
Well, the flag shown on that render has the Cross of Lorraine, the symbol of de Gaulles Free French forces, so it would be logical to see them in-game. But AFAIK there was no comment on that issue yet from any of the devs, but who knows, maybe they will give an official statement in this thread ;)
EDIT: Ah, yes, Lightning crushed another dream
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:46 »
Do all supply kits have this rifle, or are there a few around that use the M1 Carbine?

Offline [CHN]Harrier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:21 »
If it's only an normal pickup kit in normandy maps, I'm just wondering which american player will choose this piece of sh*t instead of M1 Garand? :D

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:46 »
If it's only an normal pickup kit in normandy maps, I'm just wondering which american player will choose this piece of sh*t instead of M1 Garand? :D

because it comes wth one of them ammo replenishing thingies I suspect.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:51 »

FYI Garand is shit compared to the Pattern 17.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #7 on: 12-06-2009, 18:06:14 »
Piece of shit? This rifle is a beauty. It's like the No4, comfy sights and it got a 6 shot magazine, thus giving you more firepower then the K98. I like bolt action rifles and I don't think having a semi-auto is that much of a winner on long range, it only helps you in close combat so you can spray and pray on the enemy. And if it is offered with the supply kit that gives you smoke grenade, wrench, knife and a ammo box I definately pick it when I can.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-06-2009, 19:06:36 »
I hope to see this rifle in the pacific early map with the marines.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-06-2009, 19:06:45 »
I swear on my own future grave that we will have french troops sometime in FH2!!
If it will be the Free French Forces (1942-1944?) or the French Army (1940, blitz, fall gelb, maginot etc) I dont know but french speaking soldiers of some sort or shape - YES. At some point La France is in!

*Throws a stopping shield of dreamforce against Lightnings crusher*

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-06-2009, 20:06:51 »
French Army or Free French? I hope so.

Resistance? I doubt so. IMHO irregular fighters don't fit Forgotten Hopes gamestyle, plus most things that could be done in a Resistance scenario would be hard to realize in BF2 as I don't see many ways how you could make an interesting map with a 'terroristic' insurgents scenario.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-06-2009, 20:06:00 »
I swear on my own future grave that we will have french troops sometime in FH2!!
If it will be the Free French Forces (1942-1944?) or the French Army (1940, blitz, fall gelb, maginot etc) I dont know but french speaking soldiers of some sort or shape - YES. At some point La France is in!

*Throws a stopping shield of dreamforce against Lightnings crusher*

So French spamming around the forum actually worked ?  ;D

*evil laugh* That's it now, we'll dominate the world *evil laugh*

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-06-2009, 20:06:15 »
Frenchies - how is your Bir Hakeim project going...?

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-06-2009, 20:06:16 »
Honeslty, though, that "Grenadier Kit" the American Marines get is such a letdown. One rifle grenade? What sort of a grenadier is that? The only use for that kit is the high accuracy of the 1917 (which generally speaking isn't useful on maps with that kit) and taking down nearby softskin vehicles (fondly remembers blowing jeep off a cliff).
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-06-2009, 23:06:53 »
Honeslty, though, that "Grenadier Kit" the American Marines get is such a letdown. One rifle grenade? What sort of a grenadier is that? The only use for that kit is the high accuracy of the 1917 (which generally speaking isn't useful on maps with that kit) and taking down nearby softskin vehicles (fondly remembers blowing jeep off a cliff).

What are you talking about?