Author Topic: Nations Cup Final Thread  (Read 6111 times)

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
Nations Cup Final Thread
« on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:26 »
Awesome event fellas!

And the winner is Team Poland 1. Well deserved, you where the best team.

First I want to thank you all the players that committed the time and efforts to make this event a great success. The teamspeak was filled with players and this forum even got a new record of forum visitors. Also I like the way the atmosphere was and it just makes me proud that i am a member of this great community.

Then I want to thank the DEVS who make this mod with endless hours of work to create a theatre of war for us so that we can organize these events on the best mod/community ever made, and they do it all for free for us, we can never thank them enough for it. You guys rock!

Also I want to thank the WAW Tournament for supporting this event with 2 gameservers and admins on teamspeak (Kullan and Franciscus) It was a huge help and also very much appreciated. WAW is now in between campaigns and will open up their new campaign soon, just watch these forums for the ad.

Forgotten Honor supported with the teamspeak and 3 gameservers and since it is my community there is not much to thank lol. But we are happy to do this for the great community!

Last but not least I want to thank [F|H]Deek and [F|H]SamNadine for helping with the graphics and organisation of this event, you guys where and are a great help.

=================================================================================

The Event and what we learned:

- Next time we will keep the continents separated so that the Euro teams and NA Teams compete on their own ping and own time zone. Each winner then will compete against the other in 1 final last match on a set up where the match will be played on both ping servers.

- I will ask for more admins with server access to let it go more smoother, this was to much for me alone so sometimes people had to wait a bit, this will be avoided with more admins around.

- Maps will be asked in a poll so you all can vote for the best maps to play on.

- More ofcourse will follow when we organize the next event.

- For now please congrats the winners and maybe share your best/worst battle moments of this event.

It was a great pleasure to organize this event and stay tuned for the next event, probably a 32 vs 32 contest between Europe and NA or former axis nations vs Allied nations.

dutch  8)
« Last Edit: 15-06-2009, 13:06:11 by dutch »
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
Re: Nations Cup Final Thread
« Reply #1 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:35 »
And your price is the promised signature which gives you the bragging rights on the FH forums, wear them with pride fellas :)

« Last Edit: 15-06-2009, 14:06:20 by dutch »
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #2 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:07 »
Thank you very much dutch.

I'm glad to know we have people like dutch around, they make FH2 even more interesting to play. An Honor to have played tonight. Congratz Polish Soldiers  ;)

Offline MacBue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:26 »
A lot of people helped organize this. Many thanks to you!

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:50 »
While I'm still awake. I want to congratulae all the teams that team Poland1 has encountered. You gave us a lot of hard time but fun time aswell. After that e_C clan has new members in its ranks so now Poland1 is almoast a clan and it's all thanks to you.

I'm looking forward for a spar with FHT clan in near future.

Once again I want to thank all people who took part in this. I will wear my medal (signature) with pride... utill the next year I guess.

G'night.

Offline Sword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-06-2009, 03:06:56 »
Congratulations!

I think the ping thing was something that was unavoidable but I agree with the format for the next tournament.

But I would suggest one thing...

The ticket count should be at 150 and we should do 3 rounds and the best score over the first two round will determin the final round choice...like if the pols win over us by 50 and then the us team wins by 30 then the pols would get server choice for the continental thing and if we are on the same continent then you get army choice....that way it limits just a better strat or a bad round start and you can then adjust for tactics and the best team will show forth.

I had a great time and for the most part every team was well mannered and played with much class, and I think the best team won, but Pols we are comming for you next time.

Dutch I would love to help set up the next event if you need any help I can be your North American liason.

I have a ton of tournament experience and 5v5 twl and cal expirence so I know the format well, let me know.

Sword

Offline RAM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-06-2009, 04:06:27 »
Congrats to the Poland team. 

For the first Nations Cup my hats of to Dutch and gang for putting this together.  Maybe next time TeamUSA could be wearing that awsome looking banner.

Dam good job & great gaming by all.

[FC]RAM-FH

Offline Ak-47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-06-2009, 04:06:20 »
Thanks for playing guys  ;D
Signature editted (oversize)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-06-2009, 09:06:58 »
Finland beat Sweden?  :o I need proof of this, pics!!!  ;D

Congrats Poland 1 !!  8)

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-06-2009, 09:06:01 »
Yes, a toast to Dutch and everyone else who put in the effort needed to make this event happen. I had a great time, and consider this to overall be a great experience. The fact that the Forgotten Hope community can pull something like this off "Just for the shits and giggles" is proof that it is something special.

To my fellow Devildogs: I had fun competing with you today, and hope to do so again in the future. Id also like to tip my hat to the German and Hungarian teams we played. It was a pleasure to compete against you boys.

Congrats to Team Poland 1. :D

Offline FanatykCK

• Poland Pride Of Europe !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-06-2009, 09:06:11 »
Thanks all for game  ;D
Sig edited (oversize)

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #11 on: 15-06-2009, 10:06:00 »
Congrats Team Poland 1 ^^

Offline Mati

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-06-2009, 10:06:22 »
Thanks to everyone for the game ;)
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline WielkiSzuler

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-06-2009, 10:06:38 »
yea thx for playing in this event and congrats for All teams.
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-06-2009, 10:06:28 »
Congratulations, Poland 1 ;D