Author Topic: Panzerfaust  (Read 20577 times)

Offline Knoffhoff

• Developer
  • Vorstopper
    • View Profile
Re: Panzerfaust
« Reply #45 on: 09-09-2009, 22:09:29 »
Penetration power of those weapons is arguable to say the least.
Check out the references below and scratch your head.  :o

http://www.upbeat.de/German_AT.html
« Last Edit: 10-09-2009, 13:09:03 by Knoffhoff »

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-09-2009, 22:09:47 »
it is a bit unfair that the german team only get one Pf :/

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-09-2009, 23:09:07 »
Indeed. In FH1 this was balanced out by the Faust being a deadly one-hit killer on pretty much any enemy vehicle. And, of course, the anti tank man having a rifle as well. But a rifle isn't much good when there's tanks outside the spawn...
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #48 on: 09-09-2009, 23:09:20 »
But now you have something like a allround-kit with that k98 and PzFaust. Thats in my opinion a big advantage to the Piat or Bazooka-kits.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09-09-2009, 23:09:52 »
But now you have something like a allround-kit with that k98 and PzFaust. Thats in my opinion a big advantage to the Piat or Bazooka-kits.

Well, in FH1 it was a good all-round kit. The non-one-hit wonder abilities of the Panzerfaust have changed that in FH2.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-09-2009, 07:09:11 »
But that is a personal feeling Meadow, I do believe that while the Pf is a spawnable class it could lead to a unbalance for allied tankers with all the hidingplaces on our maps.

I always attribute it to being unlucky when my Pf won't kill a tank. But the second always gets him so no grief done. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10-09-2009, 11:09:02 »
I can live with the faust having a 'bad hit' but the shrek should anahilate every allied armour in game, period. When I'm using fausts I know I have only one chance and I try to use it best as I can and if anything goes wrong (1 time on 50 maybe) I can always conceal myself as the tanker didn't see wher it came from. In case of a shrek if you don't kill a tank in a first shot you're probably dead meat if he's not a noob tanker.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10-09-2009, 23:09:26 »
Up to now I have only hit a tank with the faust twice to see it not die. All other times (numerous, can't count them) the tank died after one hit. So maybe I'm just very lucky, or the problem is not that big as it is portrayed in this thread.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11-09-2009, 00:09:28 »
Every time I have used the RPzB 54 it have been one shot, one kill. Maybe I'm lucky.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11-09-2009, 03:09:31 »
I used the Schreck once, and killed two Shermans, each with one hit.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 12-09-2009, 15:09:27 »
Until now, Schreck has been 1s1k for me. However, yesterday night (on Lüttich), I shoot and hit a Sherman's rear turret. I see flames, but the tank is still alive. >:(

How much randomness is there in the "killpower after penetration" calculation, if any? Or did I just happen to hit some invisible toolbox that deflected the explosive jet of the HEAT grenade? (As for the effectiveness of the sandbags against Faust or Schreck, they were proven to be effective only when augmenting the front armour; on the sides, rear or deck, their stopping power was not enough.)

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #56 on: 12-09-2009, 16:09:50 »
Well, that happend to me either. But you have to remember that the turret is one of the best armored part of the tank.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12-09-2009, 18:09:25 »
Only in the front of the turret, side and rear were much weaker.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 13-09-2009, 02:09:31 »
There's too many real life variables to account for. Thus, it must be downpowered for both gameplay reasons, and to account for those variables. For example, even if you hit the armour at a 10 degree angle (90 degree being straight on) it'll do full damage.

Also, the ranges ingame are scaled down slightly. The SIGHTS on the piat and bazooka are made to hit around 60m, this is on flat terrain. For the panzerfaust, its made to hit at 23 meters. Aiming below the sights will make you capable of hitting further targets.

However, I do not quite like how they do less damage after exceeding maximum range, even for gameplay reasons. The maximum range in real life didn't mean it couldn't hit targets beyond that, just that the chance of hitting targets beyond that is less than 50%. The piat for example was also issued with mortar sights for ranges beyond 300 yards.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 13-09-2009, 04:09:01 »
The only thing I'm mad about is how slow the shells move. For christ sake a Bazooka or Panzershreck shell doesn't travel at 30 and 40 meters a second. We are talking about rocket propelled anti-tank shells/grenades/whatever you want to call them. They fly much faster and farther in real life, and if you really want to keep the current ranges, add some gravity modifiers to them.
« Last Edit: 13-09-2009, 04:09:41 by Archimonday »