Author Topic: Pilots, kits, and airfields  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
Pilots, kits, and airfields
« on: 18-05-2010, 01:05:09 »
I'm new to the forums, but not to Forgotten Hope. I've enjoyed it for nearly a year now and am pleased with your newest update. I've noticed some things that could go into the next update, though.

1) When it comes to airfields, they can get crowded with many engineers. I, unlike others, enjoy the security of the parachute that comes with the pilot's kit and love to pick it up before flying. Then inevitably, a Stuka or Grasshopper will leave early, leaving me in the dust with a smoke grenade and a pistol. As I wait in the sand, I see smoking planes nearly crash-land and am helpless to repair the poor guys. No, I am not proposing a wrench for the pilot. What I am saying is that you should find both pilot kits at the airfield and engineer kits nearby, allowing you to switch between the air-defense/plane-repair role and the pilot.

2) I, a believer in the pilot kit, am always disappointed when maps like Lebisey roll around and I find that there is no such kit by the plane. When I'm above hateful infantry and tanks, I can easily take much damage in just a recon plane. Although parachutes are not always necessary, I find them helpful in these situations.

3) Make it a little easier to get in planes. I'll frequently see a nice Stuka flying off with no machine-gunner, and most pilots drive off when I try to get in. Even when a plane is stationary, it can require some frantic jumping by the cockpit to get in.

4) Just today, I spent a whole round on Lebisey in-plane flying over enemy bases and confirming targets on the ground. By the end of this round, I had a mere two points--I got those from repairing the plane. I was hoping that some points could be allocated to those who fly spy-planes effectively. Maybe points would be given after time piloting the plane? Or flying it? Fractions of points (which add up) for targets spotted?

In short,
1) Have pilot kits and engineer kits available at airfields (not necessarily in the same area).
2) Have pilot kits available in all airfields somewhere (unless, historically, the army had no equipment).
3) Make it easier to initially get in planes.
4) Add a point-gaining system for spy-plane pilots

Thanks again for listening. Cheers to the team.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Pilots, kits, and airfields
« Reply #1 on: 18-05-2010, 01:05:51 »
1. Welcome to the forums.
2. Although main suggestion of having engi kits on airfields is not harmful, I'm just a bit sceptic but that's me.
3. I'd love to see a point system for spotter plane.
4. You were a god send today on lebisay. Thanks to you we could destroy every sherman in the area with our STUG. My hat is off to you sir.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-05-2010, 01:05:19 »
All great suggestions imo.

Welcome to the forums :)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-05-2010, 01:05:53 »
Good suggestion and welcome :)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-05-2010, 02:05:54 »
Hi there Man.

Good Suggestions, i really like the 1st One.

Alright, enjoy your Stay!

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-05-2010, 02:05:35 »
I think the pilot kit should just have a wrench.  If one person represents an entire tank crew, why can't one person represent a pilot and mechanic at the same time?

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-05-2010, 03:05:03 »
I think the point of the OP is that having both the pilot and engi kits at the airfield represents the pilot and ground crew. Giving the pilot a wrench is a bit much really. The pilot should have to land at the airfield to repair...

I'd also love to see points for the spotter planes, seeing as they can be the difference between slaughter or victory.

Great suggestions, and welcome to the forums Yronno.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-05-2010, 04:05:36 »
Welcome to the Forums! Also I like the 4th one. I frequently fly spotter planes (those being my favorite to fly besides the rocket typhoon for tank hunting) and am always kind of sad when I can't get points even though I have my co-pilot spot targets while I fly ze plane

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-05-2010, 05:05:52 »
If I remember well, the Luftwaffe Drilling was a gun for pilots. So, If FH2 have some pilot kits, the germans ones must have a M30 as main weapon. It also gives a better chance to the pilot to survive after the crash.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-05-2010, 05:05:18 »
I think the Drilling is going to(or is, haven't played in a while) used as a special pilots kit weapon. It's a bit rare, so not all of them are going to have it.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-05-2010, 08:05:53 »
No pilot kit at any airfield is a BUG and should be reported and fixed accordingly.

I agree with your ideas. :)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-05-2010, 08:05:50 »
I have to admit, I'm amazed.

Someone actually got on the forums, came in, and made a first post that was intelligible, had good, well thought out suggestions, and laid them out in a coherent, easy to follow manner.

I really hope this guy sticks around.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-05-2010, 15:05:17 »
Yeah, like... what just happened?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-05-2010, 16:05:17 »
Don't... scare him/her away by being all creepy. :I

Welcome to the forums Yronno :)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Wyrdstone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-05-2010, 16:05:57 »
you know the reason you often see a stuka take off without a rear gunner?

it's due to the fact that it is near impossible to take down an enemy fighter on your tail
I have never done it and it's not like i haven't tried. I think i've died about 75 times in the rear gun of the stuka...
Maybe we should make it so that planes with two people in will slowly repair.

OR

GIVE ME PLANES WITH PROPER TURRET DEFENCES!  ;D
I play as Dansolo online. I am also a FHT player.
You will often see me typing questions/crap/exclamations/obscenities.