Author Topic: New mining system + yes/no suggestions  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
Re: New mining system + yes/no suggestions
« Reply #15 on: 16-05-2010, 23:05:06 »
1° No. I think it can be done, but it will be a lot of work for just a little more immersion.
2° No. This will complicate this static and increase the load for maps.

Are you sure about this or are you guessing ?

3° No. Bots don't get dev time atm.

"Bot" meant the bot you and I control... In other words "Could the armed grenades explode in "our" hand when a certain time is up ?"

5° I'm not sure what you are aiming at here. What is it about?

When you shoot the church bell, you can hear the sound all over the map. Could be a nice detail I guess...

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-05-2010, 05:05:21 »
"Bot" meant the bot you and I control... In other words "Could the armed grenades explode in "our" hand when a certain time is up ?"

No one in their right mind would let the lever fly off a grenade before throwing it.  In case you didn't know, pulling the pin doesn't arm a grenade (at least not Mill's Bombs and Mk.II Pineapples), the pin simply keeps the lever from releasing, which is what arms the grenade.  You pull the pin, then when you throw it, the lever pops off, arming the nade.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-05-2010, 05:05:29 »
Actually, people in their right mind DO let the lever fly off.  Its called cooking the nade, so that the enemy can't throw it back.  Of course, you had better hope the fuse is set correctly ;)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-05-2010, 08:05:27 »
+1 s-mines idea :)

When I played PDH last night there was a good commander in allied team, typing with big yellow letters across the screen when he was about to do an arty raid

ARTY COMING DOWN ON FLAK IN 1MIN, STAY CLEAR UNTIL LAST SHELL

It was nice, now ofcourse this will get very spammy if every s-mine placement would be typed like this, but something telling they are placed is needed. now they are just for TKing.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-05-2010, 11:05:48 »

When you shoot the church bell, you can hear the sound all over the map. Could be a nice detail I guess...

That's not realistic with rifles, all you would get IRL would be a "ping" and that's only when right next to the bell.

Hit with tank shells is a different matter..
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
« Reply #20 on: 17-05-2010, 17:05:43 »
I would love to see the variant with the map markers. I really would like to see more map markers for squads/whole team. SL's should be able to mark every kind of threat just like you suggested for example mines. There could be some for lets say "Unknown Enemy" or "Enemy Infantry" and so on, so that you could mark stuff for your squad mates. I for example use the destroy marker a lot to mark exact positions of tanks and at guns for my squadmates.