Author Topic: "Problem with your connection"  (Read 799 times)

Offline Wags

• View Profile
"Problem with your connection"
« on: 14-03-2010, 21:03:56 »
Hello FH2 community!

I just downloaded FH2 2.2, then patched to FH2 2.5.  I'm very impressed with the mod, and I enjoy playing it!  However, I can only play it on singleplayer, because I cannot seem to connect to any servers.  When I manage to connect, I get the message "There is a problem with your connection," and I end up getting disconnected.

Normally this would be an issue of internet connection, but I've been doing some testing.  I can connect to just about every server in vanilla BF2.  I can connect to any server in vanilla BF2142.  I cannot, however, connect to any of the mods for BF2.  I've tried Project Reality and Forgotten Hope; I cannot connect to either of these mod's servers.

Is this an issue with the mod(s)?  The short time I can manage to last in a server (before I get disconnected), I typically have ping of 20-30 in a server thats close to me and a ping of appox. 100 on overseas servers (I live in the US).
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: "Problem with your connection"
« Reply #1 on: 14-03-2010, 21:03:37 »
could be a punkbuster issues try updating punkbuster manually
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #2 on: 14-03-2010, 22:03:10 »
Do you start FH2 with it's own exe file / link or do you select a FH2 server from Vanilla BF2 and it switches in the process?

I have your kind of issues when I
a) dont start from seperate FH2 link
b) dont have punkbuster properly updated and/or installed
c) (in the past) did not give FH2 full admin permissions from Windows 7 (and/or XP compatibility can help).

The latter seems to be an issue from the past (Win7 RC 64 bit).

Offline Wags

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-03-2010, 22:03:24 »
could be a punkbuster issues try updating punkbuster manually

I tried, it didn't work.  I had the latest version, but I updated anyways.  I ran a punkbuster test and all components are working fine.

I am starting from the FH2 .exe file (The desktop icon).  I haven't tried starting from BF2, then switching through custom games.  I'll try that.

To my knowledge, FH2 has all its privileges.  I don't run it as an administrator though (I run Vista Home Premium).
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-03-2010, 22:03:46 »
You should always run FH2 from it's own exe. Also try running it as an admin.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame