Author Topic: Need a new download link for the FH2/BF2 shader files  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Can a dev or someone reupload those shader files in the main help sticky to another side like megaupload or something? Rapidshare won't let me DL it and I need them to fix my shader issues in FH2.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Schultz

• I seh nix, I hör nix, I weis nix
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new download link for the FH2/BF2 shader files
« Reply #1 on: 12-01-2010, 01:01:12 »
why rapidshare wont let you download? any error message? i also have trouble with rapidshare, i suggest you to use "jdownloader"

http://jdownloader.org/home/index?s=lng_en
InGame: Evil_Tr00per

Offline Alberto22

• proud to be italian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-01-2010, 05:01:34 »
rapidshar doesn't work for me too, it's only work after about 24.00

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Pinyl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-01-2010, 21:01:50 »
This is a repost but I was having the same problem downloading that file.  Here's what I do to get the game to work (it works every time now):

I encountered this problem as well.  I wasn't able to get the shader files from Rapidshare but I did fix it.  Haven't had any problems since I started using this method:

First, you have to have the original /Mods/BF2/client_shaders.zip in that folder.  If you don't, you need to reinstall BF2.

Now, make a back-up of that file and keep it in the same folder.

Second, reinstall FH 2.25.  Make sure you deleted the .tmp (mydocs/bf2/) and cache directories in your My Documents/Battlefield 2/FH2 folder.

Now with it fully installed, go to your /Mods/FH2/ and make a back-up of client_shaders.zip.

Run the game.  Should work.  When it inevitably breaks again (crashes out), you need to do these three simple steps and you will be good to go again.  I have to do this almost every time I start the game.

1)  Delete the client shader file in /Mods/BF2 and replace it with a copy of the backup (keep the backup NB!)

2)  Delete the client shader and the client_shaders-backup files from /Mods/FH2 (NOT your backup).  Replace with your back-up (just client_shaders.zip).

3) Delete any folders in your My Documents/Battlefield 2/FH2/Cache folder.

Let me know if this helps.  Cheers!